Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I always remember the lie that we got told at school that Australia was settled without a war.

Strictly speaking Australia was settled without a war.

There were some tribal groups that resisted the new arrivals but there were others that tolerated or worked with the new arrivals.

In some cases the violence was one sided with new arrivals attacking the local population.

Strictly speaking Australia was settled without a war.

There were some tribal groups that resisted the new arrivals but there were others that tolerated or worked with the new arrivals.

In some cases the violence was one sided with new arrivals attacking the local population.
Individual nations here absolutely were at war with the British, resisting where they could. You are right though, not all did. But you tell the Kalkadoon people Australia was settled without a war and they will spit in your face.

A disgraceful leader and human being.

Not only banning Australians from returning and effectively abandoning citizens this government led by this so-called Christian man is blocking access via WTO to countries like India to get access to vaccines by waiving patents. Dollars before everything for this fraud.

Read this board, they considered Gillard a token appointment not worthy of the job.

There is a reason he is not popular in VC (despite being so with the world's public), and it's because he doesn't have a traditional power base

Just imo, but the only reason he got the gig was because of the taint of sexual abuse on so many of the traditional powerbase, and this was a weak arse effort to show they were inclusive and not a.bunch of racist apologists for rapists

30% of Cardinals with power come from nations representing 70% of Catholics. How is that equal?

The power base is all about where the money comes from. What else matters the them?

Theism is a form of mental illness.
I assume that's a statement as there's no question mark.

There are well-balanced people who find having a belief in a personal God helps them through the day. Some might say it's a prop.

Then there are the nut jobs who believe their God speaks to them, has a plan for just them, who believe she has given them special powers to heal and whatnot, who fashions their beliefs to suit their life and uses it to meet their selfish ends.

People who have a quiet personal faith, who don't need to proselytise or drown out those who don't feel the same way in my experience aren't unstable. Just helps them get through the day.

You are bound to get something close to right sometime, I guess.

wYlLLpT.jpg

Wow fed lab flintched

smh.com.au/politics/federal/extraordinary-action-labor-says-government-must-justify-india-ban-20210502-p57o71.html

What a surprise. Said no one ever

I've written on Dutton before.

He's a man for the semi-rural/rural areas, but he has less suburban appeal than ScoMo has, and the CBD and blue-ribbon areas would treat him like toxic waste.

I'd expect him to fare very poorly in VIC, but also not much better in SA/WA because those states are too heavily urbanised from what I've seen.
Vic would be a wash. Even Fredo might struggle to hold his seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow fed lab flintched

smh.com.au/politics/federal/extraordinary-action-labor-says-government-must-justify-india-ban-20210502-p57o71.html

What a surprise. Said no one ever
400,000 cases today I read. Far and above anything we saw in the UK and the US

I don't particularly agree with it but the ship sailed 12 months ago on that one. The case is easy to make.

400,000 cases today I read. Far and above anything we saw in the UK and the US

I don't particularly agree with it but the ship sailed 12 months ago on that one. The case is easy to make.

India (14k/million) per capita numbers are still way below USA (99k) and UK (64k)

India (14k/million) per capita numbers are still way below USA (99k) and UK (64k)
Look, the reality is, India’s rate is likely underreported, the ability of its health system to cope is less, it’s ability to enforce isolation probably non-existent. Then there’s the simple fact that its rate is irrelevant when we are talking about sheer weight of numbers returning from India right now compared to the other two (particularly the infected rate, which seems high).

The travel ban is sound, but threatening to jail Australians for its own failures is a disgrace. There should be a Federal mechanism for people to return safely and quarantine.

Re the ant irish poster - is that meds?
Plus not sure one posters views on ireland are reflective of the general British view on ireland. The british gov walks on eggshells re the irish issue in modern times and essentially surrendered in northern ireland so that they would stop blowing each other to pieces.

Even by your standards that is a steaming pile of ignorant horseshit.

If the British “essentially surrendered” in Northern Ireland would you care to explain how NI is still a part of the UK?

Do you even understand the history of The Troubles?

Last edited:
If you want to stop the virus entering the country, the influx of passengers from nations where the situation is out of control, like India, has to be controlled. Biden restricted travel from India too. Is Biden racist?

Havent read beyond here so this may have already been answered, but their citizens are able to return whereas ours will be thrown in jail if they try.

Even by your standards that is a steaming pile of ignorant horseshit.

If the British “essentially surrendered” in Northern Ireland would you care to explain how NI is still a part of the UK?

Do you even understand the history of The Troubles?
Surrendered in terms of:
1. Britain released hundreds of serious IRA criminals under the GFA.
1a. Most IRA criminals are immune from prosecution, while British army troops still face investigation and the like from the same era.
2. They removed their army and security apparatuses (including the anti terror special branch).
3. The union flag cant even fly from Belfast city hall for 348 days of the year. (st edwards crowd was removed from police badges also - a symbol of the Kingdom). Bit odd in their own country if not for a de facto surrender.
4. They agreed a simple majority referendum would be enough to leave the Kingdom.
5. Arguably most important - there was no verifiable checking done that the IRA had disbanded (note the subsequent attacks that are attributed to "IRA dissidents" to keep the peace)

Surrendered in terms of:
1. Britain released hundreds of serious IRA criminals under the GFA.
1a. Most IRA criminals are immune from prosecution, while British army troops still face investigation and the like from the same era.
2. They removed their army and security apparatuses (including the anti terror special branch).
3. The union flag cant even fly from Belfast city hall for 348 days of the year. (st edwards crowd was removed from police badges also - a symbol of the Kingdom). Bit odd in their own country if not for a de facto surrender.
4. They agreed a simple majority referendum would be enough to leave the Kingdom.
This is all window dressing. The fact remains that the IRA gave up their guns while accepting that Northern Ireland remains within the UK for now. Calling that a "surrender" bears little resemblance to reality.

5. Arguably most important - there was no verifiable checking done that the IRA had disbanded (note the subsequent attacks that are attributed to "IRA dissidents" to keep the peace)
With what weaponry? It was verifiably checked that the IRA surrendered their weapons for decommissioning. And if you really think the bulk of the IRA didn't disband but kept carrying on attacks, I don't think you appreciate the scale of the Troubles. The incidents post-1998 are incredibly few in number compared to what happened prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back