Scott Pendlebury - Standing in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how you used “last quarter” says a lot about how he went the other 3 quarters. Sounds pretty desperate.

Stood up when it counted and it hurts you. Your need to be in Collingwood threads consumes you. You are hurt you haven’t won 16 flags. By the way Dusty will never play finals again. Unless of course it is at Gold Coast

N Smith in 2010, pivotal role in 2023, only the true greats have that standard of longevity

If they have the individual awards to go with it

Pendles is a solid player but Bobby Hill just played a better final than Pendles ever has. Let that sink in. Maybe then you can see how reasonable my opinion is. Top 30 is still good though.

Pendles is a solid player but Bobby Hill just played a better final than Pendles ever has. Let that sink in.
16 years since Pendles first won a final, way back when your boy Dusty was still playing with chopsticks, let that sink in

There is now a clear top 5:
1. GAJ
2. Buddy
3. Judd
4. Pendlebury
5. Selwood

We then have the likes of Hodge, Martin, N. Riewoldt, Pavlich, Dangerfield and Mitchell in the next tier. Pick your own order for this group.
I have Dusty and Judd at about the same level. When they were fully on, there was nothing else like it. Dusty's 3 Norm Smith in my view allow him to be in the conversation with Judd, but without them he drops down a bit.

I don't see how Pendles and Selwood get to the level about guys like Danger, Fyfe and now Neale, just based on certain extremely impressive achievements over their careers. With that said, Pendles is an absolute legend of the highest character. 400 games is an incredible achievement but it's not really the measure of who is the best. Brent Harvey did like 432 games, but that doesn't elevate him as a better player than others, just that he had incredible longevity and consistenty. 400, while incredible is still just a number, if Dusty gets to 380, does that rank him lower than Pendlebury because he played 1 season less?

16 years since Pendles first won a final, way back when your boy Dusty was still playing with chopsticks, let that sink in

Yeah his longevity is one of the best longevity of what standard exactly is the question you should be thinking about. If GAJ is say a 10/10 Pendles is like a 7/10

Longevity of elite standard

Still bamboozling the opposition after all these years

Pure silk

Well your sort of right 7/10 is still elite (just) hence top 30 but of course there are different levels of elite as you well know hence the GAJ comparison.

I feel like Hodge and Selwood were underrated as actual players. Hodge due to being compared to Judd. Selwood due to being compared to Ablett. But really, they were always Top 5 in their teams. I mean, Hodge has two Norm Smiths. Guy can play.
Nah there’s no doubt in the minds of serious footy watchers over the last 30 years that Hodge and Selwood are immortals of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles is a solid player but Bobby Hill just played a better final than Pendles ever has. Let that sink in. Maybe then you can see how reasonable my opinion is. Top 30 is still good though.
QF: 30 possessions (13 contested), 2 goals and 7 clearances.

PF: 24 possessions (11 contested), 2 goals, 7 tackles, 5 clearances.

GF: 29 possessions (10 contested), 11 tackles, 6 clearances and a Norm Smith.

Stop talking smack.

In all seriousness…Pendlebury is an incredibly rare breed of an Australian Rules Footballer.

If you don’t believe he’s one of the great tall
mid/onballer /utility players of all time then you’re just an ignorant simpleton.

Judd, Hird, Pendlebury…6’2- 6’3 hybrid all rounder utilities who seem to hold onto the ball when required and make the right decision..consistently.

Beautiful kicks ..beautiful handpasses…sublime baulks and evasive skills..unfazed by heavy traffic …just very valuable footballers.

Last edited:
QF: 30 possessions (13 contested), 2 goals and 7 clearances.

PF: 24 possessions (11 contested), 2 goals, 7 tackles, 5 clearances.

GF: 29 possessions (10 contested), 11 tackles, 6 clearances and a Norm Smith.

Stop talking smack.

Bobby Hill would’ve kicked 5 goals (insane for a small forward) if he wasn’t so selfless and was literally the difference in a GF decided by less than a goal. Doesn’t even compare to the above games you mentioned and you know it.

Bobby Hill would’ve kicked 5 goals (insane for a small forward) if he wasn’t so selfless and was literally the difference in a GF decided by less than a goal. Doesn’t even compare to the above games you mentioned and you know it.

You’re a very poor troll matey. A real mediocre performance with no sharp wit. You need to go to troll school and learn how to annoy people properly.

I have Dusty and Judd at about the same level. When they were fully on, there was nothing else like it. Dusty's 3 Norm Smith in my view allow him to be in the conversation with Judd, but without them he drops down a bit.

I don't see how Pendles and Selwood get to the level about guys like Danger, Fyfe and now Neale, just based on certain extremely impressive achievements over their careers. With that said, Pendles is an absolute legend of the highest character. 400 games is an incredible achievement but it's not really the measure of who is the best. Brent Harvey did like 432 games, but that doesn't elevate him as a better player than others, just that he had incredible longevity and consistenty. 400, while incredible is still just a number, if Dusty gets to 380, does that rank him lower than Pendlebury because he played 1 season less?
I like how you say 'Dusty, Fyfe and now Neale', as though Neale's Brownlow this year pushed him into the absolute elite in the history of the game.

So you're one of those binary assessors, who looks at a stats sheet and a vote card to determine who was good and who was not.

You should actually watch games of football to form your conclusions.

Tigers fans are hurting. Clinging to anything they can. The hurt they have from our great Champion Pendles dominating last quarters of Grand Finals leading his team to a Premiership whilst there own waning player Dustin Martin only performing with a few goals when games are over as he leads his team to 13th is evident. This is beautiful
Collingwood are my second team. Half my extended family barrack for Collingwood .I was riding every kick on Saturday, and were rapt they got the win. My wife barracks for Collingwood and we were both jumping up and down screaming I’m the last couple of minutes.

I also like Pendlebury - he seems like a great bloke, and he’s an absolute champion footballer.

It’s weird that you guys have to concoct a narrative that when people rate SP around 20th best player this century they must be haters, and have some personal and emotional vendetta against him and the Pies.

Has it occurred to you that some people just don’t actually believe that he’s in the top 5 players of the century, for football-related reasons? It’s quite bizarre. Before this thread, I’d never heard anyone ever rate SP ahead of guys like Hodge, Nick Riewoldt, Pav, and Danger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Pendlebury - Standing in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back