Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

400-500 k a year. And that’s being generous.
I think 2 years for 1.1m is fair or 1 for 600k. Other muppets should be down the pecking order. Sidey should be told look elsewhere or you may be in 2s. But poor from Pendles to play this out.
Yeah, there was that bloke who played for Collingwood in the 90’s without pay because he didn’t need the money.

Wish I could remember who it was?
That's staggering 76. Is this for real? I have no memory of this. If you remember and you're not winding us up, pls do share

Jake Niall always puts together quality pieces regarding us.
Yeah and the sentiment was similar on the footy shows tonight he definitely had a clanger here.

Last edited:
Yeah and the sentiment was similar on the footy shows tonight He definitely had a clanger here.

I'll go so far as to say that my opinion of Pendlebury has lowered somewhat because of his contract comments.

For a captain to invite offers from competing clubs --especially at such a desperate time-- is exceedingly poor form.

I'll go so far as to say that my opinion of Pendlebury has lowered somewhat because of his contract comments.

For a captain to invite offers from competing clubs --especially at such a desperate time-- is exceedingly poor form.

Especially considering over his ENTIRE career he has been EXCEEDINGLY well looked after by the club. Would be nice if just once he gave something back in terms of playing just ONE year without being on close to a million

That's staggering 76. Is this for real? I have no memory of this. If you remember and you're not winding us up, pls do share

Yep, for real. I don’t remember who the player was though.

The argument he is important to the kids may not be shared by Pendles himself, he may feel like a liability to their development, he's not really playing the position he loves anymore and when he is a kid isn't being developed in the midfield.

Eddie, Bucks and Pendles gone in the one year! Father, Son and the holy Goat.

I'd be flabbergasted if he goes but there's a good reason why Pendles has always been recognised as a much better player than he is a leader.

Pendles is completely justified in looking for the fire exit. At the very least, he is completely justified in wanting to milk every cent out of the club for his retirement package.

There's asking for loyalty and then there's asking someone to be an idiot. We are a dumpster fire of a club right now and will be for several years. It's not reasonable to demand that Pendles ignore the stench of smouldering sh*t every time he shows up for work.

Pendles is completely justified in looking for the fire exit. At the very least, he is completely justified in wanting to milk every cent out of the club for his retirement package.

There's asking for loyalty and then there's asking someone to be an idiot. We are a dumpster fire of a club right now and will be for several years. It's not reasonable to demand that Pendles ignore the stench of smouldering sh*t every time he shows up for work.

Yes, you're completely right. He is justified to try and squeeze every cent out of the club that he can, just like Grundy was.

However have a bit of respect and do it privately rather than go to every media channel and scream to the world that the Collingwood Captain is open to leaving the club when we're screaming out for leadership right now.

Yes, you're completely right. He is justified to try and squeeze every cent out of the club that he can, just like Grundy was.

However have a bit of respect and do it privately rather than go to every media channel and scream to the world that the Collingwood Captain is open to leaving the club when we're screaming out for leadership right now.

Buckley tried but obviously failed, the culture is still shyte.

We should all be glad that GW is setting down some rules re list management and salary cap. Short term pain for long term gain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Niall article was spot on. This line in particular symbolizes most of our player group. "One could argue that Collingwood’s salary cap issues derive, in part, from a culture that’s been more “me” than “we.”

You would think a player that has made in excess of 10 million in his career would not have to be chasing contracts and a bigger package from other clubs.

I agree with this. I don't think he's leaving, but wtf was he thinking? We're already a club in absolute turmoil, we didn't need any more sprinkled on top.

Jake Niall article was spot on. This line in particular symbolizes most of our player group. "One could argue that Collingwood’s salary cap issues derive, in part, from a culture that’s been more “me” than “we.”

You would think a player that has made in excess of 10 million in his career would not have to be chasing contracts and a bigger package from other clubs.

Exactly. In one of the Copeland Trophy night speeches pre 2018 it was either Eddie or Buckley that talked about people at the club needing to be more selfless.

He has had his time as captain.. He was a much better player than a leader.

He now comments on why an opposition player was not named in the AA squad. WTF??? Why do you care???

PENDLES.. WHAT ABOUT CRISP????????????????
Where is the support a captain should have for his own players?

Time to go Pendles.

He has had his time as captain.. He was a much better player than a leader.

He now comments on why an opposition player was not named in the AA squad. WTF??? Why do you care???

PENDLES.. WHAT ABOUT CRISP????????????????
Where is the support a captain should have for his own players?

Time to go Pendles.
This is a bit strange, lol. Players do this kind of thing all the time. I get being bothered by the contract thing, but him being mystified about Boak not making the AA 40 (which is inexplicable) is a laughable nonissue

Yep, poor judgment from Pendles. He’s had a couple of missteps lately. Whether you agree with him or not, it’s the public airing that’s an issue.
indeed - this is a conversation between him & his Manager who can then sound out other clubs privately - absolutely no need to make it public.

It's really difficult to form an opinion without knowing the details.

For all we know, Pendles could have taken a few hair cuts to help the club over the last few years and feels like he deserves more than a year now, given his durability and performance etc.

He's had 15 years of being a squeaky clean, solid citizen for the club and a solid leader and professional, but I get the impression that COVID, like it has to many of us, may be damaging his calm.

The criticism that it's unbecoming of a leader to publicly invite offers for his services is a fair one. I'm not reading too much into it - I think we need his experience and the club will mediate when the time is right.

This is a bit strange, lol. Players do this kind of thing all the time. I get being bothered by the contract thing, but him being mystified about Boak not making the AA 40 (which is inexplicable) is a laughable nonissue
My point was, a leader would do things to support his /her team first and foremost.
He should look at his team, and see all the players that have had a great season, and promote those players.
It would show support, loyalty, and endear him to his team.

But no, let's not support our own players. None of them deserve to be in the AA team, as far as the captain believes.
But jeez, i will support an oppo player.

What would Crisp be thinking? My captain doesn't think i'm good enough, after the year i have had....??

My point was, a leader would do things to support his /her team first and foremost.
He should look at his team, and see all the players that have had a great season, and promote those players.
It would show support, loyalty, and endear him to his team.

But no, let's not support our own players. None of them deserve to be in the AA team, as far as the captain believes.
But jeez, i will support an oppo player.

What would Crisp be thinking? My captain doesn't think i'm good enough, after the year i have had....??
If Crisp reads that much into his captain's twitter than that's a problem in and of itself

I doubt there has been a more loyal servant of the club Penders so instead of thinking 'that's pretty crap' I'm thinking 'what a stunning revelation into the undocumented player discontent with the inner workings of the club'.
If a truly loyal servant such as Pendles can be driven to such lengths then that for me is a worrying indicator that we haven't seen the worst behind the smoke and mirrors yet.

loyal and extremely well paid.

as great a player as he has been he hasn't been a great captain. his comments on the weekend mean whatever happens his days are over as captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back