Scott Thompson, top 10 midfielder in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Will have multiple shoulder reco's this offseason after carrying the midfield this year by himself. A model of consistancy and has now added leadership to his resume. I struggle to remember the last time he's had a poor game, or even under 20 tocuhes. Just goes about it, gets it donw and then flexes his muscles in the mirror.

I can see him taking 3 votes in five of our six wins, plus there's a good argument for him to poll 2 votes in our losses to Brisbane, Collingwood and Essendon, but that's not going to be enough.

It isn't, but also, in your wins, there are other players who will get 3 anyway IMO. For instance against the suns, Ablett would be a certainty for 3 votes, while against port, Van Berlo did win the award. Against Hawthorn he wont get 3 votes. Against Collingwood, he may get a vote, but is in stiff competition against Pendlebury, Thomas and others.

Definitely worth the money for a place in the Brownlow.

Not so much because he's top 3 in the comp, but because many of the top players play for teams where there is a risk of other players poaching votes from them, adding to their competition.

Not so for Thommo, he has played a lone hand for the AFC this year. He normally polls reasonably well in the Brownlow, and will have no competition from any Crows players this year. Get on him.

Absolute man beast, I have a total man crush on Scott Thompson.

Every game he plays I remember that he was a Melbourne player with a wistful sigh.

Among the top 10 .. as of right now, i would have it

Swan
Juddy
GAJ
Mitchell
Pendles
Thompson
Selwood
Boyd
Murphy
Daisy
-----------
and the rest in no particular order
Jobe
Priddis
Rockliff
Dal Santo
Redden
Goodes
Corey
Chappy
Bolton
Black
Bartel
Harvey
Fyfe
Gibbs
Griffen
Harvey hasn't been our best mid this year, Wells and Swallow both ahead of him with Ziebell making a late charge.

He's a beast.

Certainly in the top echelon of midfielders.

I am not going to do a top 10, because it is just too hard and pointless.

I always knew Melbourne got dudded when he walked away in 04' after showing huge potential in his second year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Scott Thompson

scott-thompson.jpg

His ball use can let him down on occasions, as can his temper.
His temper hasn't be a problem for over 2 years now, but his ball use could improve. His ball use can be weird at times... under no pressure he can turn it over, but under pressure he'll hit passes just as good as Ablett. No doubting his contested ball though. Would be a very worth AA bench player too.

Should be captain.

... of Port Adelaide. :mad:

Damn we dropped the ball missing this guy.

Love the way he goes about his game. Hope he get's the yellow blazer this year.

His temper hasn't be a problem for over 2 years now, but his ball use could improve. His ball use can be weird at times... under no pressure he can turn it over, but under pressure he'll hit passes just as good as Ablett. No doubting his contested ball though. Would be a very worth AA bench player too.
He still throws a stupid punch or elbow and will deliberately put someones head into the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Thompson, top 10 midfielder in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back