Scott Thompson, top 10 midfielder in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Scott Thompson

Thompson's final stat line against the Gold Coast this afternoon - 51 disposals (31.37% of which were contested) @ 71% disposal efficiency, 9 clearances, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 4 inside 50s, 2 goal assists, and a Champion Data Player Ranking score of 162.

Thompson's 2011 stats - Played 20 of a possible 20 games (100% of club games), 87% gametime, 30.10 disposals per game (41.49% of which were contested possessions) @ 67% disposal efficiency, 4.30 marks per game, 5.65 tackles per game, 6.30 clearances per game, 3.80 inside 50s per game, 0.30 goals per game (60.00% accuracy) and 0.75 goal assists per game, along with a Champion Data Player Ranking score average of 109.35.

Re: Scott Thompson

Thompson's finals stat line against the Gold Coast this afternoon - 51 disposals (31.37% of which were contested) @ 71% disposal efficiency, 9 clearances, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 4 inside 50s, 2 goal assists, and a Champion Data Player Ranking score of 166.

That's astounding. Well done to him, this should catch the eye of AA selectors.

guys you gotta take into account that when greg williams was playing the quarters were 25 minutes long... thats a whole extra quarter of time. He would of obliterated the record with that time limit :)

guys you gotta take into account that when greg williams was playing the quarters were 25 minutes long... thats a whole extra quarter of time. He would of obliterated the record with that time limit :)

When they shortened the quarters to 20 minutes in 1994, didn't they just extend the amount of time-on that was given? Quarters still seem to run for about 30 minutes now, just like they did back in Williams' prime.

When they shortened the quarters to 20 minutes in 1994, didn't they just extend the amount of time-on that was given? Quarters still seem to run for about 30 minutes now, just like they did back in Williams' prime.

Time on isn't extra time in addition to the 20 mins. The clock counting up never stops like the one counting down from 20. Time on is just the difference between the two.

I doubt it.

Great effort anyway.

Is 35 uncontested disposals a record?

Yes, it's gone from 25 minutes with clock running during bounces and throw ins to 20 minutes with the clock stopped. Trying to reduce teams continually running the ball over and forcing stoppages when killing the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time on isn't extra time in addition to the 20 mins. The clock counting up never stops like the one counting down from 20. Time on is just the difference between the two.

What I meant by extending time-on was that a greater amount of time-on occurs now than in did in the 25 minute era, which results in quarters still running for 30 minutes anyway. As MarcusP2 said, they now stop the clock at stoppages, so you're probably getting the same amount of actual playing time as you used to under the 25 minute system (where the clock ran continuously). The change was made to give less incentive to waste time by running the ball over the boundary or bottling in the footy and causing ball-ups, as it doesn't actually take time off the clock now.

Top 3 midfielder in the AFL.

Thanks Melbourne :thumbsu:
You've got your head in the sand if you believe that anyone at the club had anything to do with him moving but himself.

Beamer showed him up in round 7 at the 'G, but good win today and good gsmae Scott :thumbsu:

he had 9 of them, which is outstanding.

I wasn't criticising, as I think he is a gun. It's just strange to get it THAT often in a 10 goal win and only have 4 i50's.
The 4 I50s he did have were superb though, wouldn't have wasted any. And I'm sure he was involved in nearly all of our goals at some point, I50s aren't the only measure. His DE was fantastic today, can hardly remember a burnt ball.

The 4 I50s he did have were superb though, wouldn't have wasted any. And I'm sure he was involved in nearly all of our goals at some point, I50s aren't the only measure. His DE was fantastic today, can hardly remember a burnt ball.

he's in my Supercoach team and I'm locked in a very tight tussle with a mate.

He had me on toast as our teams are very similar, but he had Murphy to my Judd. Thompson has got me back in it, but surprised he only got 162. I was expecting to log on and find a lazy 200

today he just racked them up it was a free for all. might not even be in his best 5 performances for the year IMO. His game in a loss v. Freo was a lot better...

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Thompson, top 10 midfielder in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back