Scully injury threads combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Scully out for 4 weeks.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/109814/default.aspx
OUTSTANDING youngster Tom Scully is set to miss the next four weeks due to a knee problem.

And another important Demon, midfielder Jordie McKenzie, will also be sidelined for six weeks due to a groin injury.

Scully, the 2009 No.1 NAB AFL Draft choice, recently developed soreness in his left knee and underwent scans this week.

Just when I thought the biggest problem was I seemed hooked on 'Beamer's Bumps & Bruises'...

At least it open an opportunity for another young player to get a game.

Does everything have to be about his contract?? Seriously.

Nothing will change with it. He will miss 4 weeks of footy, then he will be back! That's all that will change with the injury.

**** sake.

I guess it opens the door for a Gysberts/Tapscott/Blease to come in, even though they aren't like-for-like.

e: or Bail if he wasn't already in the 22.

Nothing will change with it. He will miss 4 weeks of footy, then he will be back! That's all that will change with the injury.

It's a very legitimate question relax buddy.

He is backing his ability to have a cracking year and inflate his market value, and will now miss 4-6 weeks (HUN says 4-6) which reduces his ability to do that.

Our midfield is looking very shaky now with McKenzie out as well.

it doesnt matter how many games he plays this year, there still going to have to offer him 700,000 a season to keep him regardless.

Man, can't we just get throught to the ****ing season without a host of critical players down... ARGHHHHHHHHHH!

i reckon we will be right
if you think about it

Round 1 vs sydney
Round 2 vs Hawthorn
Round 3 vs Brisbane (MCG)
Round 4 vs Gold Coast
Round 5 vs BYE

Sets sunday up for a huge game, saying we lose to hawthorn, we really should beat brisbane and gold coast (with possibly frawley back for both), going 3-1 into the Bye would be huge, gets scully right and possibly mckenzie right for a massive start after the Bye.

Terrible run of injuries thus far... Doesn't bode well for a successful season.
I hate to pessimistic, even though I often am, but as a betting man I feel there is decent value betting against us making the finals. Can get odds of around $2.30 to miss the 8. I'm thinking about splashing, and hoping I lose my bet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing but, as jurrah13 said, it shouldn't be too bad. We should be able to beat Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast without him and would probably lose to Hawthorn with him.

So the official line:

"The scans detected bone stress in Tom's left knee cap," Melbourne doctor Andrew Daff said in a statement on melbournefc.com.au.

Bone stress is a fairly non-specific term. Amongst other possibilities, it could mean bone-bruising, or, the early signs of a stress-fracture. Whatever the scan means, there isn't any doubting that the volume of Scully's training has been limited during the last couple of months. Finger's crossed 4-6 weeks of complete rest will get it right.

If memory serves, didn't Scully suffer a similar injury in 2009 that put him out of the TAC cup finals?

how 'should' we beat the Swans? they made finals last year, we didnt.

um, because all the betting companies say we are going to without any knowledge of the season ahead, like come on mate.

anyway this 4 weeks off will allow the dees to get used to playing with out scully, r0f

um, because all the betting companies say we are going to without any knowledge of the season ahead, like come on mate.

anyway this 4 weeks off will allow the dees to get used to playing with out scully, r0f

Odds are based initially on how much they anticipate will be bet on each side but the odds can change radically based on actual bets placed. Overall, they just represent the public sentiment which is reflected in the bets.

The odds for the Swans have dropped from $2.30 down to $2.15 since the news, will be interesting to see if they drop any further.

So the official line:

"The scans detected bone stress in Tom's left knee cap," Melbourne doctor Andrew Daff said in a statement on melbournefc.com.au.

Bone stress is a fairly non-specific term. Amongst other possibilities, it could mean bone-bruising, or, the early signs of a stress-fracture. Whatever the scan means, there isn't any doubting that the volume of Scully's training has been limited during the last couple of months. Finger's crossed 4-6 weeks of complete rest will get it right.

If memory serves, didn't Scully suffer a similar injury in 2009 that put him out of the TAC cup finals?

Exactly the same thing he fractured his patella at the end of the 2009 season. Hopefully just a coincidence

it doesnt matter how many games he plays this year, there still going to have to offer him 700,000 a season to keep him regardless.

All shit aside if MFC offer him $700k a season over 2-3 years I will be very disappointed. I know that GWS are going to throw massive coin at him, but to suggest he is close to even worth that is an absolute joke. If he wants that sort of cash I would say walk.
If we offer him that amount of money then Frawley, Green and Jamar should be on $1.5m a year.

Before I get shot down, he looks like being a star but at the moment he would only just scrap into a top 10 players, let alone being the highest paid player at the club.

Terrible news, wonder what it will do to Tom's contract negotiations?

Pretty fair question imo. Im not overly distressed with him missing 4-6 weeks this year, but Ill be gutted if he signs with GWS.

And make no mistake - this could have huge ramifications for his next contract.

GWS will not get a chance to do their own medical examinations before the end of the year so they would be seriously reconsidering any million $$ contracts for this 19 y/o..

If this is a re-occurance of his fractured patella of 2009, Melbourne should hold him back for 10 weeks.

All shit aside if MFC offer him $700k a season over 2-3 years I will be very disappointed. I know that GWS are going to throw massive coin at him, but to suggest he is close to even worth that is an absolute joke. If he wants that sort of cash I would say walk.
If we offer him that amount of money then Frawley, Green and Jamar should be on $1.5m a year.

Before I get shot down, he looks like being a star but at the moment he would only just scrap into a top 10 players, let alone being the highest paid player at the club.

Agree with this. May cause unrest with the other star players if he's payed to much. Could also bring team closer together if one of the players jumps ship for cash.

well bruce was on 600,000, how do you figure that, the guy was a *******, and losing a player like TS isnt going to bring them closer togother, in that media conference the kid talked about values, repaying the club, loved his mates and loved going to work everyday,if he was 26yrs old youd be worried, the kids 19, hes not going to move up to that shit hole, hes just holding out for a better contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully injury threads combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Back