Scully, Trengove, Martin, Yep.. again

Remove this Banner Ad

willydave

All Australian
Oct 25, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know this has been done to death, but I think we can just say now that both clubs have done extraordinarily well out of this draft.

We;ve already seen Martin's ability to take games by the scruff, but Trengove and Scully showed last night that both have the capacity to become top ten players in the competition.

Trengove in particular is a jet, with the added bonus of being a superb overhead mark.

Just my prediction, but I think he will be the best of the three.

Stefan Martin has been very good this year....seriously.

The 3 will obviously be guns based on output so far, impossible to predict who will end up the best. Martin looks like being the one most capable of tearing a game apart on his own (more versatile as well) but maybe Scully and Trengove will have him for consistency over their careers.

Doesn't matter though, just enjoy watching three seriously talented footballers build their careers.

I would definitely have preferred Trengove on draft day. Superstar as an 18yo in SANFL finals and frankly has it all

Happy with the way the cards have fallen, but all 3 are jets

Sadly, Morabito has fallen off the radar. Due to injury, yes, but a big gap between these 3 and the rest

I would definitely have preferred Trengove on draft day. Superstar as an 18yo in SANFL finals and frankly has it all

Happy with the way the cards have fallen, but all 3 are jets

Sadly, Morabito has fallen off the radar. Due to injury, yes, but a big gap between these 3 and the rest

Yeah cannot think of another year when the top 3 selected in the draft are, with the benefit of hindsight and a season and a half under their belts, so clearly the top 3 players from that draft.

Yeah cannot think of another year when the top 3 selected in the draft are, with the benefit of hindsight and a season and a half under their belts, so clearly the top 3 players from that draft.

Nat Fyfe may have something to say about that.

Some Tigers fans on here said they'd take Martin over having both of Scully and Trengove. I laughed then, and I still laugh now.

Scully, Treng & Dusty are clearly best from that draft? lmao.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't completely write off Morabito just yet,

He was primed for a monster season until he done his knee.

I'm convinced he won't be that far behind the other 3 in due time.

I think you're right; I loved what I saw of Morabito last season, but geez, we're talking about some serious talent in this thread.

Scully was fantastic first-up last night but I've also leant slightly to Trengove, just seems so tough but all class.

And two years ago I thought Stefan Martin was a real up-and-comer, but he doesn't seem to have been given enough regular opportunities until now.

In the space of a week Melbourne has somehow turned around a disappointing season. long way to go but, as I said in another thread, last night might just be the first really good look at the Demons' future.

Cale Morton and Jack Watts looked a lot better last night; Gysberts, McKenzie and those other kids all showed real composure and bollocks to hang in there and get on top of Essendon, Rivers played the best game I've seen from him for years and even big Max Gawn (who looks like that big guy who protects Happy Gilmore) showed plenty. Bring back Jamar, get Sylvia going right again and this is exactly what Demons fans must have been sweating on for so long.

So far this season, Richmond and West Coast have looked the genuine improvers, playing really attractive footy, but Melbourne of last night joined the other two. That end-to-end goal finished off with Trengove handballing to Moloney in the goalsquare was one of the best team goals you'll see.

Some Tigers fans on here said they'd take Martin over having both of Scully and Trengove. I laughed then, and I still laugh now.

Over both maybe not, over either yes, I'd take Dusty. Am not comparing as all 3 are great footballers but I'm happy with what we've got. No Tambling/Franklin dilemma from that draft.

I believe there is some Stefan/Dusty Martin confusion occuring in this thread.

I would not put Trengove/Scully above Dustin Martin, nor would I put Dustin Martin above Trengove/Scully. I'm very happy for the Demons and very happy for the Tiges.

Nat Fyfe may have something to say about that.
The gap between Nathan Fyfe and the rest of that draft at this early stage is ridiculous. He looks to be a special talent. He's already showing signs of Pendlebury's composure and time when he has the ball.

Football goes in slow motion when watching Fyfe play.

Scully, Trengove and Martin are all stars- Fyfe looks special and hopefuly Morabito can recapture that form.

The proffesionalism of the TAC Cup and feeder comps is amazing, for these players to slot right in and play at AFL level without missing a beat is stunning- gone are 2 year apprenticeships in the VFL, now they are just ready to go.

Glad we get to watch Martin work his magic

The gap between Nathan Fyfe and the rest of that draft at this early stage is ridiculous. He looks to be a special talent. He's already showing signs of Pendlebury's composure and time when he has the ball.

Football goes in slow motion when watching Fyfe play.

Too bad Fyfe is close to worst in the AFL when considering Disposal Efficiency or tha new fangled stat that Champion Data have about effectiveness of disposal- the hype around Fyfe is ridiculous at times. Sure he is very special, an amazing talent, but to say that he has a marked gap above Scully/Trengove/martin is wrong

Too bad Fyfe is close to worst in the AFL when considering Disposal Efficiency or tha new fangled stat that Champion Data have about effectiveness of disposal- the hype around Fyfe is ridiculous at times. Sure he is very special, an amazing talent, but to say that he has a marked gap above Scully/Trengove/martin is wrong
It's not a big gap at all but of the four players, Fyfe has climbed the highest so far. Couldn't give a stuff about some fancy stat, he is having a huge impact on the field this year.

The 4 of them are unbelievably close over their careers so far.

It's not a big gap at all but of the four players, Fyfe has climbed the highest so far. Couldn't give a stuff about some fancy stat, he is having a huge impact on the field this year.

The 4 of them are unbelievably close over their careers so far.

I agree that the stats are overblown- but whether it's these newer stats designed to overcome flaws in the disposal efficiency stat, or disposal efficiency itself, he is amongst the lowest in the comp!
Still think he's a gun but Martin's disposal is better and Trengove/Scully better still

Yep, we nailed that draft.

Scully, Trengove, Gysberts, Tapscott, Gawn, Fitzpatrick.

Will only comment on Gysberts out of those six and I'll say that the way he moves around packs and finds the footy...a bit on Pendlebury about him. Not saying he will be that good, but I reckon he can.

Should grab his second Rising Star nomination this week too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully, Trengove, Martin, Yep.. again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back