Season 2013 Bendigo FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have Under 18's and plenty of them I would take a drastic step and play them as senior footballers were possible and prop them up with a few seniors. The club has to start again and build a culture and the only way is with youth.
One thing I do know is its a long way back in getting a club back from folding and not as easy as saying its starting again next year.

Ummmm.........having done that for the last 4 seasons.............and the club coming back from the brink financially, and the kids looking like they are something pretty good but we didn't have the coin to just get that extra three players - what? start again?

FFS - country footy isn't flying, and you will hear more in that regard with Kyneton soon.

But give the Kyneton - Castlemaine rumours a rest, the Kyneton - RDFL rumours a rest, and any indication that the KDFNC would have anything to do with a piece of shit like 'Mufassa' or any of his 'King's Army' aliases - the bloke is a true piece of shitdom.

Kyneton will raise the premiership flag over the QEO again.

Don't ever fall for associating the Kyneton Football Netball Club with an arsehat like "Mufassa' - the softest, weeping phallic symbol on Big Footy - Kyneton FNC would rather burn than stomach that fat turds bile.

Never did TAITA, like many other posters on here I wish you well and hope that your club continues thru 2013 and beyond.

Never did TAITA, like many other posters on here I wish you well and hope that your club continues thru 2013 and beyond.

Cheers mate - there will be pain but nothing worth fighting for is immune to that - just trust that the powers that be have their think head on - I do.

Ummmm.........having done that for the last 4 seasons.............and the club coming back from the brink financially, and the kids looking like they are something pretty good but we didn't have the coin to just get that extra three players - what? start again?

FFS - country footy isn't flying, and you will hear more in that regard with Kyneton soon.

But give the Kyneton - Castlemaine rumours a rest, the Kyneton - RDFL rumours a rest, and any indication that the KDFNC would have anything to do with a piece of shit like 'Mufassa' or any of his 'King's Army' aliases - the bloke is a true piece of shitdom.

Taita can you answer these simple questions and then it will answer alot for me

1. did the club pay too much for very average footballers over the last 5-6 years and as such financially became a burden or another reason like sponsors not paying or gate takings or what?
  2. Lets be serious that quite a few older blokes playing probably should not have been played in front of the juniors. Agree/ Disagree
  3. Is there ANY hope that some of the footballers and I would say the better 3 going to Darley are any chance at all of rethinking their decision and staying?
  4. Lastly the committee seems to have turned over again as new president has taken over. Seems to be a new pres every 2-3 years and I know its a volunteers role and takes a heap of time but stability at the club would be paramount at present I would think.

i forgot one very important question

does Kyneton FC have the backing of the town of Kyneton in regards to sponsorship and also attendance of people to home games?

If the town isnt backing the club may as well walk away now.

You seem upset TAITA - I am not one to say I told you so but ........

Maybe you can tip toe into Gisborne and become a bulldog supporter - it is fun to win. Go Swans:D

Taita can you answer these simple questions and then it will answer alot for me

1. did the club pay too much for very average footballers over the last 5-6 years and as such financially became a burden or another reason like sponsors not paying or gate takings or what?
  2. Lets be serious that quite a few older blokes playing probably should not have been played in front of the juniors. Agree/ Disagree
  3. Is there ANY hope that some of the footballers and I would say the better 3 going to Darley are any chance at all of rethinking their decision and staying?
  4. Lastly the committee seems to have turned over again as new president has taken over. Seems to be a new pres every 2-3 years and I know its a volunteers role and takes a heap of time but stability at the club would be paramount at present I would think.

I will answer one for you:

3) No chance - they have signed contracts. Alot of teams now smell blood and what players have stayed are being contacted. They will be hard pressed to keep the players that they have with the uncertainity - those that can get coin for playing will need to find another team. If they get a good offer now it will be hard not to take it. Darley are a good chance to play finals - Kyneton won't win a game - not a real hard choice for Page and co.

I have a question - was it the new commitee that signed the 2013 coach??

3) No chance - they have signed contracts. Alot of teams now smell blood and what players have stayed are being contacted. They will be hard pressed to keep the players that they have with the uncertainity - those that can get coin for playing will need to find another team. If they get a good offer now it will be hard not to take it. Darley are a good chance to play finals - Kyneton won't win a game - not a real hard choice for Page and co.

The issues at Kyneton, to me are the result of a decade of decay, for which Kyneton FC are to blame.
8 or10 years ago, their games were well supported, but gradually dropped off.
Some of the supporters who cheered more for " biffo, " than good football, are partially to blame.
One by one, mums and dads and their families dropped off, due poor on and off field behaviour.
Several poor coaching appointments, gradually added to to the cancer, and Kyneton continued to decline.
When the legendary Filo came on board, I actually thought, that the Club, would improve noticeably.
With his departure, and the appointment of Walsh as coach, pretty well sealed their demise.
Players are not dumb, and not many would want try their guts out for Walsh, and since his appointment, things have rapidly gone from bad to worse.
From what I hear, its nearly curtains for the club in 2013 in the BFL, which is so sad.
Maybe Walsh should resign now, and give the club, half a chance to stop the rot.

If kyneton look like going down the drain and the BFL have given them until Jan 31 to have a side together that is up to BFL Football, i would think that both the VCFL and the BFL would put a hold on all players out. Football contracts are not worth the paper they are on and when it comes to the life or death of a club you would hope that the VCFL and the BFL would step in and put a stop to all clearances until the club can sort things out.

?

Contract is void until the player is actually cleared there.

Contract is void until the player is actually cleared there.
Yes and no... If the player doesn't owe money, have property, and isn't already contracted, then there are no grounds for refusal of clearance... League secretaries/GMs have to seek proof that the refusal was warranted, if its not, they are to approve the clearance (within 5 working days or something)

In a roundabout way

Yes and no... If the player doesn't owe money, have property, and isn't already contracted, then there are no grounds for refusal of clearance... League secretaries/GMs have to seek proof that the refusal was warranted, if its not, they are to approve the clearance (within 5 working days or something)

In a roundabout way

Yeh I'm aware of that, I was more referring to the fact they have "signed contracts" at their new clubs of choice, until they're officially on their books it dont matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If kyneton look like going down the drain and the BFL have given them until Jan 31 to have a side together that is up to BFL Football, i would think that both the VCFL and the BFL would put a hold on all players out. Football contracts are not worth the paper they are on and when it comes to the life or death of a club you would hope that the VCFL and the BFL would step in and put a stop to all clearances until the club can sort things out.

They can't put a gun to a players head and tell them Kyneton or else. Some of these players rely on football match payments. Page would be on triple at Darley. The players walking would hate the club even more if forced to play there - what sort of effort would you get.

They need players and have 1 week to find them as well as keeping who they have - and clubs are calling them. They would have lost a couple in the last few days - players that they think they have locked in. Bit like an injured wildebeest atm.

Yeh I'm aware of that, I was more referring to the fact they have "signed contracts" at their new clubs of choice, until they're officially on their books it dont matter.

Paid sign on fee's make it hard for them to change their minds - especially if spent over the Christmas break.

They can't put a gun to a players head and tell them Kyneton or else. Some of these players rely on football match payments. Page would be on triple at Darley. The players walking would hate the club even more if forced to play there - what sort of effort would you get.

They need players and have 1 week to find them as well as keeping who they have - and clubs are calling them. They would have lost a couple in the last few days - players that they think they have locked in. Bit like an injured wildebeest atm.

The AFL & VCFL have a lot of power when it comes to keeping a club from folding mufassa, trust me i have been on the end of it before and it can end up very messy!! i hope for all players and the club involved that things can be worked out

The AFL & VCFL have a lot of power when it comes to keeping a club from folding mufassa, trust me i have been on the end of it before and it can end up very messy!! i hope for all players and the club involved that things can be worked out

What powers? If a club is in debt, with no players then I am not sure what the AFL and VCFL can do? If they block clearances then you tell me how many players in the future will want to come and play for a team that forces you to stay when you want to move on? The writing has been on the wall for 10 years.

Really hope kyneton can bounce back, although not in the area or part of the club nor league infact, used to watch them when i lived in the area when i was younger, really have a soft spot for them and hope they do well! Tigers 2013 & Beyond!

Really hope kyneton can bounce back, although not in the area or part of the club nor league infact, used to watch them when i lived in the area when i was younger, really have a soft spot for them and hope they do well! Tigers 2013 & Beyond!

No one wants to see a club going through what the Tigers are right now. It's gunna take hard work, committment from players and lateral thinking from those behind the scenes. If they aren't looking for a successful district club to merge with they have rocks in their heads

So what's the update on Kyneton? Have they got until the end of the month to get a side together? What is Brian Walsh like, is the general consensus that he's past it?

Paid sign on fee's make it hard for them to change their minds - especially if spent over the Christmas break.

Great to see the best parasite in country footy laying his maggots in Kynetons carcass. No doubt they would be big fat lazy maggots too. Can't believe TAITA doesn't want you giving advice. He mustn't know how close you are to the most undisciplined coach in the history of the game - the great Mark Power. Wonderful little man that cost his club 3 or 4 flags because of his sadly mistaken self belief in his ability to fight. Haha the poor little fella was actually a better coach than he was a tough guy but thats not saying much.

Anyway tubby I don't want to upset you too much but have you heard of Nicky Winmar? Ask the 3 country vic footy clubs who paid him a sign on fee whether it made it hard for him to back out of a contract. I'd suggest it was actually pretty easy to take the money & run. But.....never know, he might come back when he's 45 & fat as you.

Also mr know all, tje vcfl often stop clearances out of a club if it means the difference between surviving or going under. But I shouldn't expect you to know that as you only follow winners. Except Mark Power who is a renowned loser.

By the way, who is it that you actually follow? Gisborne? Sunbury? Riddell? Or is it which ever one is winning?

Great to see the best parasite in country footy laying his maggots in Kynetons carcass. No doubt they would be big fat lazy maggots too. Can't believe TAITA doesn't want you giving advice. He mustn't know how close you are to the most undisciplined coach in the history of the game - the great Mark Power. Wonderful little man that cost his club 3 or 4 flags because of his sadly mistaken self belief in his ability to fight. Haha the poor little fella was actually a better coach than he was a tough guy but thats not saying much.

Anyway tubby I don't want to upset you too much but have you heard of Nicky Winmar? Ask the 3 country vic footy clubs who paid him a sign on fee whether it made it hard for him to back out of a contract. I'd suggest it was actually pretty easy to take the money & run. But.....never know, he might come back when he's 45 & fat as you.

Also mr know all, tje vcfl often stop clearances out of a club if it means the difference between surviving or going under. But I shouldn't expect you to know that as you only follow winners. Except Mark Power who is a renowned loser.

By the way, who is it that you actually follow? Gisborne? Sunbury? Riddell? Or is it which ever one is winning?
For 12 years Kyneton have been un-competitive and for years the move to the RDFL was the correct one for survival. Now with the doors about to close what do you believe they should do or have done? For some reason there is a stigmatism with dropping back to a lower level but many clubs have done it and thrived. Look at Daylesford in the crappy CHFL. Kyneton are stuck in a hole that they cannot dig themselves out of in the Bendigo Football League. Their location is terrible - players from Melbourne have to drive 2 and a half hours to train and up to 4 hours to play in Bendigo - now that maybe ok if a team is winning or at least competitive - but who wants to drive 4 hours to lose by 30 goals - players won't do it year in and out. The kids that do live in the town would also get sick of the hidings and look else where. You cannot expect to attract and keep players if you lose by 20 plus goals week in and out. Now they are in debt?? The cost of running a club in the RDFL is a lot less so why was the move not made?? Surely that is a much better option than closing the doors for a year.

I have no doubt that the people at Kyneton have done all they can over the last 10 years. But nothing has worked - that bring in names like Lance Picioane and his brother but they just take their pound of flesh and leave - and not from the abattoir but from the Kyneton Football club. Adam Simpson played a one off game but that is good for 1 game - the crowds come to watch and disappear for the rest of the year. Filo was meant to be the saviour but even he saw the job was too big and has left. Blokes like TWITA has his head in his arse if he thinks Kyneton will win flags in the BFL. He comes on here full of rubbish with zero solutions or ideas to help a club he has no involvement in or even supports.

As for Winmar well if blokes want the label of a dog that steals money off clubs then you probably don't want them at your club anyway. Any decent bloke would not do that. The players that have signed at Darley will be playing there in 2013 and the VCFL will do nothing to stop it.

Your resume must be good to have a crack at Power - surely if you are calling him a loser you have achieved more? Anything in the CHFL does not count - see crappy league above. If he cost his team 3 flags and won his team 3 flags then all is good.

For 12 years Kyneton have been un-competitive and for years the move to the RDFL was the correct one for survival. Now with the doors about to close what do you believe they should do or have done? For some reason there is a stigmatism with dropping back to a lower level but many clubs have done it and thrived. Look at Daylesford in the crappy CHFL. Kyneton are stuck in a hole that they cannot dig themselves out of in the Bendigo Football League. Their location is terrible - players from Melbourne have to drive 2 and a half hours to train and up to 4 hours to play in Bendigo - now that maybe ok if a team is winning or at least competitive - but who wants to drive 4 hours to lose by 30 goals - players won't do it year in and out. The kids that do live in the town would also get sick of the hidings and look else where. You cannot expect to attract and keep players if you lose by 20 plus goals week in and out. Now they are in debt?? The cost of running a club in the RDFL is a lot less so why was the move not made?? Surely that is a much better option than closing the doors for a year.

I have no doubt that the people at Kyneton have done all they can over the last 10 years. But nothing has worked - that bring in names like Lance Picioane and his brother but they just take their pound of flesh and leave - and not from the abattoir but from the Kyneton Football club. Adam Simpson played a one off game but that is good for 1 game - the crowds come to watch and disappear for the rest of the year. Filo was meant to be the saviour but even he saw the job was too big and has left. Blokes like TWITA has his head in his arse if he thinks Kyneton will win flags in the BFL. He comes on here full of rubbish with zero solutions or ideas to help a club he has no involvement in or even supports.

As for Winmar well if blokes want the label of a dog that steals money off clubs then you probably don't want them at your club anyway. Any decent bloke would not do that. The players that have signed at Darley will be playing there in 2013 and the VCFL will do nothing to stop it.

Your resume must be good to have a crack at Power - surely if you are calling him a loser you have achieved more? Anything in the CHFL does not count - see crappy league above. If he cost his team 3 flags and won his team 3 flags then all is good.

Which bloody way are these guys heading if it is taking them that long to get to Kyneton or Bendigo mate??? Seriously their location should not be an issue for them at all. It does not take anywhere near the times you have quoted.

Which bloody way are these guys heading if it is taking them that long to get to Kyneton or Bendigo mate??? Seriously their location should not be an issue for them at all. It does not take anywhere near the times you have quoted.
must be taking the scenic route through ballarat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back