3. 3. North Heidelberg
4. 4. South Morang
5. 5. Lalor
6. 6. Diamond Creek
7. 7. Fitzroy Stars
8. 50 metres of shit
9. Another 50 metres of shit
10. 8, Mernda
Whittlesea – Team first approach will lead the Eagles up the ladder to premiership glory. New recruit Frazer Desk aka D-money will own the forward 50 until the cows come home.
Hurstbridge – Their tactics of switching the ball into the guts in the second quarter will win them games in the middle of the year. Team motto is build a bridge and beat Diamond Creek.
North Heidelberg aka Shane Harvey aka God.
South Morang – New train station will land them some handy recruits, and will keep them on track this year.
Lalor – New recruit Tim Lamp will kick 150 goals while 7 foot ruckman Michael Table is the fastest player in the comp.
Diamond Creek – Rumours of Dustin Martin coming to the club have died off lately. Look for them to sell cans of corn in round 17 (NFL corn round).
Fitzroy Stars – The new coach Roy Clock wanted a new polo shirt, but the president said “you’re old one still fits Roy.”
Mernda – Crawling through 100m of shit could a shit fight. 0 and 18.
B&F
1st – Shane Harvey
2nd – Dustin Martin
3rd – Tim Lamp

See kids this is why you SHOULDN'T take drugs.

2013 Div. 2 Season Preview
Ladder:
1. 1. Whittlesea
2. 2/ Hurstbridge
3. 3. North Heidelberg
4. 4. South Morang
5. 5. Lalor
6. 6. Diamond Creek
7. 7. Fitzroy Stars
8.50 metres of shit
9.Another 50 metres of shit
10. 8, Mernda
Whittlesea – Team first approach will lead the Eagles up the ladder to premiership glory. New recruit Frazer Desk aka D-money will own the forward 50 until the cows come home.
Hurstbridge – Their tactics of switching the ball into the guts in the second quarter will win them games in the middle of the year. Team motto is build a bridge and beat Diamond Creek.
North Heidelberg aka Shane Harvey aka God.
South Morang – New train station will land them some handy recruits, and will keep them on track this year.
Lalor – New recruit Tim Lamp will kick 150 goals while 7 foot ruckman Michael Table is the fastest player in the comp.
Diamond Creek – Rumours of Dustin Martin coming to the club have died off lately. Look for them to sell cans of corn in round 17 (NFL corn round).
Fitzroy Stars – The new coach Roy Clock wanted a new polo shirt, but the president said “you’re old one still fits Roy.”
Mernda – Crawling through 100m of shit could a shit fight. 0 and 18.
B&F
1st – Shane Harvey
2nd – Dustin Martin
3rd – Tim Lamp
School holidays started already?

I'm looking forward to Divvy 2. Don't think we're ready to play finals yet but I think we'll push most sides and maybe snag a couple of upsets along the way.

So anyway...

1) Whittlesea: They may be our key rivals but you could say they were unlucky to get relegated last year, ended up beating the eventual premier and Harro/Sadds will prove to be good pick ups.

2) North Heidelberg: They'll be there again, so long as Shane Harvey is on the park all year they're a chance and I won't be writing them off all year.

3) Fitzroy Stars: They have a lot of potential and there's no reason to suggest they can't win the flag. Last season was a good learning experience for them.

4) Diamond Creek: Diamo will still be thereabouts but I'm not sure they'll genuinely challenge for the flag.

5) Mernda: Opening month will say a lot about where we're at. Lalor, Whittlesea, South Morang and Fitzroy Stars. Go 2-2 and I'll be happy. Don't think we'll make the finals but if we can, I'll be happy. Don't think we have the weapons to beat Fitzroy/NH/Whit yet but something special is brewing about at Mernda. Also the new ground will be taking shape at Woodland Waters soon, just right behind my house so I'm rapt.

6) Lalor: Will challenge for the finals and with the quality of the top six sides finishing 6th will be no disgrace this season.

7) Hurstbridge: I thought they finished off the year strongly and I think they can avoid relegation again.

8) South Morang: In a reasonable quality league it will be tight between South Morang and Hurstbridge, I think South will go down though.

Also, I secured the position of writing the review for Division Two in each week's Northerner this year so I'm really looking forward to that. Just got the job yesterday so hopefully I can provide a bit of a read for everyone (won't show Mernda bias, I promise), on top of my weekly article for Mernda.

Dw mate ill let u know now, you wont be making finals and your ground atm is the flipping worst ground to be at, and play on. Wouldnt give your merchandise to homeless kids in cambodia either

Shane Harvey will kick 120.

North heidelberg have to be favourites.

Harvey is hands down the best player in the NFL

While you think SH ,might be the best player in the whole league (and you may be right) isnt this about teams and clubs? It doesnt matter who has the best player, its about who wins in the end isnt it? The longer Shane stays in Div 2, the less relevant your comment is and the harder it will be for Norf to be competitive so I hope you are right and they do win this year because another year in Div 2 might become a death sentence! The best players are in Div 1 and with the increased influx of big names of late, you have to wonder whether he is the best or he isnt but in the end it doesnt matter. I admire Shame for sticking with Norf though.

While you think SH ,might be the best player in the whole league (and you may be right) isnt this about teams and clubs? It doesnt matter who has the best player, its about who wins in the end isnt it? The longer Shane stays in Div 2, the less relevant your comment is and the harder it will be for Norf to be competitive so I hope you are right and they do win this year because another year in Div 2 might become a death sentence! The best players are in Div 1 and with the increased influx of big names of late, you have to wonder whether he is the best or he isnt but in the end it doesnt matter. I admire Shame for sticking with Norf though.

Relevant points. I just can't see any other team competing with north heidelberg. Just my opinion.

Blake Holmes is also a huge get for the club.

Relevant points. I just can't see any other team competing with north heidelberg. Just my opinion.

Blake Holmes is also a huge get for the club.

Great to see Blake back there. If things go well for Norf, you may be right. From a Div 1 perspective, I would have thought the Eagles will be tough to beat though. Their reserves arent much support but they do have a quality group of strong, creative senior players with good experience now.

Practice Match sought Saturday, April 7

Due to cancellation, Albion Football Club, WRFL Division 1 are seeking an opponent for a Practice Match for Seniors, Reserves and Under 18’s. Our ground, Parsons Reserve, Sunshine is available.

Please contact Senior Coach, Mark Greenshields on 0417 589 683.

Thanks,

Great to see Blake back there. If things go well for Norf, you may be right. From a Div 1 perspective, I would have thought the Eagles will be tough to beat though. Their reserves arent much support but they do have a quality group of strong, creative senior players with good experience now.
And if they cop a few injuries, they may come up short with lack of quality ressie players to draw on.

Whittlesea vs Lower Plenty tomorrow at Whitt Showgrounds.

2pm start. Come down for a look if you're in the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morang were easily beaten by Thomastown. Not sure of the content of each team and who were missing

From speaking to a few of the boys at morang they were missing upwards of
10-12 players! And played a very young side! Not sure of the state of thommos side aswell!

Heard Mernda were well beaten by East Doncaster on weekend. 4-5 good players missing.
I'm told a lot of the boys missed a fair bit of pre-season training , which is disappointing. Any news Taman?

Any praccy game news from the weekend?

Heard south morang got a bit of a towelling up by watsonia, not sure what to make of that...

Yeah, Watsy got up though I don't think it was a towelling. The Morangs apparently had a a couple missing but having said that the Watsonia side definitely wasn't at full strength either.
Watsy obviously look to have improved since last year but Morang should still be aiming to win comfortably against any Div 3 side.

Heard Mernda were well beaten by East Doncaster on weekend. 4-5 good players missing.
I'm told a lot of the boys missed a fair bit of pre-season training , which is disappointing. Any news Taman?

Ah yeah.

Yeah we lost by about 11 goals but we were about 50 points down at half time. We showed signs of structure in the second half though. I was goal umpire so I got a good look at what was going on down the ground.

As for core players missing training... I'm not sure if this is actually the case. I'd say only about three or four of our best 22 or so has missed training consistently, Millsy being one of them but I think he has some sort of commitments. He'll be there on Thursday night though Willo was saying.

I'm not too concerned at the moment, just some fundamentals we need to keep working on. Last practice game against Epping so we'll get a proper indication of where we're actually at instead of going up against teams whom I had no idea regarding their form last year, for the simple reason that I didn't follow them.

Mernda 3 goals over Epping 2day @ Epping.
Epping 3-4 out , mernda 6-7 out (bux day)
Mernda - Harder , faster , more desperate.
GOOD SIGNS. New recruit from NT looked really good , tough match-up for opposition sides.

south morang beaten by reservoir by a couple of goals. SM had a very young side in but had a real dip and had most of the play in the last term from what the resea crowd was saying they had a few players missing

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back