Review Season 2024 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

; instead aish and fyfe and omeara played the season. What the fk for.
Yeah in hindsight after this failure, that is criminal.

Brodie and Ras just wasting away in the WAFL all season for two washed up inside mids completely past it and a fringe utility turnover merchant ball butcherer with a pea heart.

Our bottom 5 in our team let us down all year, plus playing injured people.
Need to improve our bottom 5 players urgently.

Fyfe and Walters are clearly past it, and should be told they will play most of next year in the WAFL, and asked if they want to retire.

We don't have a small forward, and this massively limits our scoring. With a good small forward, we win another 2 or 3 games.

Positives.

Great to have NOD back. Treacy has been brilliant. Draper and Davies impressed me.
Young has been brilliant in the midfield.

What we need to improve.

Bottom 5 players
How?
- 4 top 25 picks
- Mature age players like Winder, Richards

Small forwards - How?
- Richards, Winder, Berry

Delist

Hughes
Cordett
Taberner

In trouble
Kuek
Stanley
Emmett

Retire if possible
Walters, Fyfe

Rookie list
Brodie
Any of the in trouble players, plus Fyfe and Walters if kept.
think you can add to the retire list Jom as will have even less pace next year

Emmett is worth keeping , can be an improver

Yeah sure, I can see our bottom 5 improving next year by taking draft picks and two guys who are fringe

I want to hear more about this "Winder".

Amiss concerns me, he gets a few goals but that about all. Dosen't chase or tackle. We need a lot more from him.
He shouldn't. He's twice the player of most 3rd year KPFs (including Treacy last year).

The fact that our AA level KPF, KPD and ruck all got injured at the same time right before we played the top 4 teams??

Don’t pretend that injuries didn’t play a part in us losing to 3rd and 4th by under 2 goals.
Boo hoo.

Still a high calibre midfield.

Port didn’t have Dixon, Marshall tonight. Pearce wouldn’t have mattered.

Darcy.. please. He plays 10 games a season. You just know have to cover for him anyway. He’s not AA. Give me a break.

The year we won the wooden spoon? The one where we basically didn’t win a game all season. A 12.5 win year is worse than that?
Became a member that year.
Yep, because 2001 was a joke anyway.

This hurts more. Close season. No Collingwood, Brisbane are on the down. Team is good enough. Just mentally shot

Port are second. Port. They were about to sack Hinkley.
They’re not that much better than Fremantle.

Boo hoo.

Still a high calibre midfield.

Port didn’t have Dixon, Marshall tonight. Pearce wouldn’t have mattered.

Darcy.. please. He plays 10 games a season. You just know have to cover for him anyway. He’s not AA. Give me a break.
So you’re saying Pearce playing vs GWS would’ve made no difference? Or vs Hawks? Or Essendon? Or the fact that we were on track for a record breaking clearance differential when Darcy was on the team? Or that Treacy would’ve won us vs Geelong?

Don’t be stupid. There’s plenty of games this season where one of those three fit would’ve gotten us over the line.

So you’re saying Pearce playing vs GWS would’ve made no difference? Or vs Hawks? Or Essendon? Or the fact that we were on track for a record breaking clearance differential when Darcy was on the team? Or that Treacy would’ve won us vs Geelong?

Don’t be stupid. There’s plenty of games this season where one of those three fit would’ve gotten us over the line.
They’re 3 players.
Carlton have 10 players injured.

Of course Pearce would’ve made a difference, but surely the team/club knows he’s an injury liability anyway? Just the club’s fault for not having depth. Allowing Hamling and Logue to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re 3 players.
Carlton have 10 players injured.

Of course Pearce would’ve made a difference, but surely the team/club knows he’s an injury liability anyway? Just the club’s fault for not having depth. Allowing Hamling and Logue to leave.
Yeah and look how ****ing shit they’re playing? They’re just lucky that all their injuries came vs bottom teams and not top 4 teams. Their only wins of late have come vs North WC and Richmond

MVPs:
  • Serong
  • Young
  • Treacy
  • Brayshaw
  • Pearce

Disappointments:
  • Fyfe (was good in some games but been largely inconsistent)
  • Walters
  • Ryan
  • Cox

Delist
  • Taberner
  • Hughes
  • Corbett
  • Williams

Sign
  • Bolton
  • Winder
  • Berry
  • Baker (maybe)

Amiss concerns me, he gets a few goals but that about all. Dosen't chase or tackle. We need a lot more from him.

Dude he just turned 21. Doesn’t turn 22 into July next year. Missed a hole year of development due to being kneed in the kidney.

Not even Charlie was doing the stuff he was doing at his age. He is the least of our worries. Needs to sort his routine out but the kid is a gun I’m 100% certain of it.

Jack Riewoldt 2.0 100 %

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last month was like sitting in a dentist waiting room. You knew it was going to hurt before you even got in the chair. Pearce was dominant and I knew losing him for the rest of the year was BAD NEWS. Then Darcy and finally Treacy added the cherry on top of our capitulation cake.
We need better key position depth.
We need in thier prime gun goal scoring small forwards.
We have 4 early picks to fix this depth issue.
We don't need a new coach.
Even though the final 4 rounds hurt, this year turned out exactly how I expected.
We fell painfully short and had a few less teeth in the end.

Post bye minus the last four weeks we had that shocker vs Dogs and the game vs Hawks. Every other game we won comfortably. Post Bye easily a B.

Last 4 weeks: F
I included the last 4 in the post-bye grade. Ho-hum wins at home vs GC, Richmond, WC and Melbourne isn’t too much to get excited about. The Sydney win away obviously was the highlight. The other games as you’ve mentioned were losses, some worse than others.

Became a member that year.
Yep, because 2001 was a joke anyway.

This hurts more. Close season. No Collingwood, Brisbane are on the down. Team is good enough. Just mentally shot

Port are second. Port. They were about to sack Hinkley.
They’re not that much better than Fremantle.
I am not coming to gloat, just disappointed you didn’t make finals, rather Freo than Carlton, who had the easiest of draws.

Fix the ****ing fourth quarters.

10th after the way we’ve played is ****ing ridiculous and a big waste of a season where we really should’ve been a good chance at a flag with how even everything is.
Win the flag?
We are light years off the type of football that’s required to win finals in September. Let alone the ruthless winners mentality on the field and on the coaches box.

Bottom 4 for pressure. Love to know who’s below us on that metric.

Win the flag?
We are light years off the type of football that’s required to win finals in September. Let alone the ruthless winners mentality on the field and on the coaches box.

Bottom 4 for pressure. Love to know who’s below us on that metric.
Yes genius, if we fixed our fourth quarters we would have challeneged for a flag. Whoever wins the flag this year with either be a) a team we've beaten or b) a team who we've had within one goal in the final quarter and gone on to lose.

Pretty crazy how quickly it unravelled from the ~15 min mark of the final quarter 4 short weeks ago.

It's unfashionable to say atm given the general mood on here (which is totally understandable) but there were some big strides made in 2024. Unfortunately they were accompanied by a fair few steps back to end the season...leaving us in that horrible limbo zone which our ladder position reflects.

I don't really know what to make of it yet but Longmuir's job is going to be hinging on just about every game of 2025.

Yes genius, if we fixed our fourth quarters we would have challeneged for a flag. Whoever wins the flag this year with either be a) a team we've beaten or b) a team who we've had within one goal in the final quarter and gone on to lose.
Wrong. We don’t stand up when the heat is on and don’t apply the same heat ourselves. We have a finals quality list but we don’t play finals quality football

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Season 2024 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back