Official Match Thread Season 26 Second Qualifying Final: Gumbies FFC vs Fighting Furies at House of Gumby (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah?

And how many points did you gain from said smashing? :)

Enough to inspire ourselves to get 2nd place, which was the best that we could hope for.

It was a fantastic morale booster for the boys to do their best on field.

(Though IIRC, despite all the penalty points, I don't think our position has been affected (We won the spoon even without the points)
Excuse me, but KITT is a robot car. Speedy Buggy CLEARLY has a mouth.

Because it reminds of a time when Pokemon made good games.
You like Gen 5? Ho ho, very nice. By why specially Emolga and not its Gym Leader?

Yeah, they really screwed it up with Gen 7's Aloha. I haven't even completed, and haven't really had the urge to go on. (I mean, yes, my 3DS is broken, but I played Fire Emblem Echoes and other games, and I still didn't feel the need to finish that, nor get Ultra Sun.)

You like Gen 5? Ho ho, very nice. By why specially Emolga and not its Gym Leader?

Yeah, they really screwed it up with Gen 7's Aloha. I haven't even completed, and haven't really had the urge to go on. (I mean, yes, my 3DS is broken, but I played Fire Emblem Echoes and other games, and I still didn't feel the need to finish that, nor get Ultra Sun.)
Emolga is my favourite, had many good memories of trolling unexpected friends with it. I started using in Gen 6 however, never like the fashion gym leader. I did not mind Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Mood, although I see why people don't like it. It's pretty weak, but I love Alolan Ninetales. Was more referring to Let's Go.

Emolga is my favourite, had many good memories of trolling unexpected friends with it. I started using in Gen 6 however, never like the fashion gym leader. I did not mind Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Mood, although I see why people don't like it. It's pretty weak, but I love Alolan Ninetales. Was more referring to Let's Go.
That's a fair call. A little surprised by your pick, but it sounds like you have some great memories there. Gotta love it! Fair enough.

Yeah, Aloha really lacked proper bite behind it. I didn't even meet Guzma, that's how bad, lol. Also yeah, I love Alolan Ninetales as well. Absolutely classy design.

Oh goodness... Let's Go. When I first heard of it, I was hyped. Then I learnt a little more about it, and was absolutely gobsmacked as to what they've done to it. Killed all the hype instantly. Like, I see what they were trying to do, but it was really poorly handled.

I can only hope Gen 8, or Pokemon 2019 delivers on what we really want.

That's a fair call. A little surprised by your pick, but it sounds like you have some great memories there. Gotta love it! Fair enough.

Yeah, Aloha really lacked proper bite behind it. I didn't even meet Guzma, that's how bad, lol. Also yeah, I love Alolan Ninetales as well. Absolutely classy design.

Oh goodness... Let's Go. When I first heard of it, I was hyped. Then I learnt a little more about it, and was absolutely gobsmacked as to what they've done to it. Killed all the hype instantly. Like, I see what they were trying to do, but it was really poorly handled.

I can only hope Gen 8, or Pokemon 2019 delivers on what we really want.
Let's Go did put in some features that I like, but it's so boring. Provably because it's like my fifth time playing through Kanto lol. Worst thing is the GO catching method, can't stand it.

Let's Go did put in some features that I like, but it's so boring. Provably because it's like my fifth time playing through Kanto lol. Worst thing is the GO catching method, can't stand it.

Oh blooming Nora... what about me... let's see...

Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Leaf Green, Heart Gold... hoo wee. (I only played each game once)

Though I hear this one is like a sequel to Yellow. Like you still see Red, Blue, and Green, but it's like in that between period when Blue becomes the Gym Leader (Though Giovanni coming back is just as weird).

I know what you mean. Random battles is like my bread and butter. I love the catching and training of it (no really, the amount of training I do is insane at times.) To remove that aspect and have your level ups be handled by Pokemon Trainers... it's just very FF13 like, in that you're at the exact level the game developers want you to be at. Choice? What the hell is that? Reminds me of another game that shan't be named.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh blooming Nora... what about me... let's see...

Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Leaf Green, Heart Gold... hoo wee. (I only played each game once)

Though I hear this one is like a sequel to Yellow. Like you still see Red, Blue, and Green, but it's like in that between period when Blue becomes the Gym Leader (Though Giovanni coming back is just as weird).

I know what you mean. Random battles is like my bread and butter. I love the catching and training of it (no really, the amount of training I do is insane at times.) To remove that aspect and have your level ups be handled by Pokemon Trainers... it's just very FF13 like, in that you're at the exact level the game developers want you to be at. Choice? What the hell is that? Reminds me of another game that shan't be named.
I don't mind the new wild encounters actually, as someone who has completed every Pokedex since DPP, seeing what Pokemon are there is much easier. Also, you still get EXP from trainers.

I don't mind the new wild encounters actually, as someone who has completed every Pokedex since DPP, seeing what Pokemon are there is much easier. Also, you still get EXP from trainers.

Fair enough, it's just not quite the same for me (I do this for just about every RPG, especially Xenoblade 2 (What's this?! An enemy 10 levels higher than me? I will end you!))

You too, eh? Thank goodness they made that a whole lot more easier with the GTS. I have a mate that gets the other version, and we just go at it. He usually goes for the Nuzlocke (which I find pointless, since I usually just Solo with the starter anyway, lol), and he gives me his legendaries, just so I can complete the Dex.

Fair enough, it's just not quite the same for me (I do this for just about every RPG, especially Xenoblade 2 (What's this?! An enemy 10 levels higher than me? I will end you!))

You too, eh? Thank goodness they made that a whole lot more easier with the GTS. I have a mate that gets the other version, and we just go at it. He usually goes for the Nuzlocke (which I find pointless, since I usually just Solo with the starter anyway, lol), and he gives me his legendaries, just so I can complete the Dex.
Shame there is no GTS in Let's Go :(
Only on there could you get someone to trade away their Rayquaza for a Qwilfish

Shame there is no GTS in Let's Go :(
Only on there could you get someone to trade away their Rayquaza for a Qwilfish

Can't you use your Pokemon Go account with Pokemon Let's Go? I think the idea is that you can interact with each other, even if the number is very limited.

Ah yes, I remember those. One of my favourite things to do is the Red Paperclip, aka trade small, and keep on trading until you end up with a legendary. Sometimes, you can get a base level legendary for a very sought after Pokemon (like say a Dragonite for that Freebie Celebi from the Pokemon Bank), and that often gives you access to other big legendaries . I netted quite a few legendary taking advantage of that rare link up to minor legendary.

I think the only ones you can't get are from events, which means that I do have event legendary for Pokedex purposes. Had to make quite the effort to get those ones.

I also do have a prized Swampart that had made it to the remake of Alpha Ruby, that was special.

Can't you use your Pokemon Go account with Pokemon Let's Go? I think the idea is that you can interact with each other, even if the number is very limited.

Ah yes, I remember those. One of my favourite things to do is the Red Paperclip, aka trade small, and keep on trading until you end up with a legendary. Sometimes, you can get a base level legendary for a very sought after Pokemon (like say a Dragonite for that Freebie Celebi from the Pokemon Bank), and that often gives you access to other big legendaries . I netted quite a few legendary taking advantage of that rare link up to minor legendary.

I think the only ones you can't get are from events, which means that I do have event legendary for Pokedex purposes. Had to make quite the effort to get those ones.

I also do have a prized Swampart that had made it to the remake of Alpha Ruby, that was special.
I don't play GO lol, never could get into it. I just catch shit tons of Qwilfish and traded them away. XY was annoying to complete due to those event legendary, thank god they re-release all of them back in 2016. I have been traded Pokemon that have come from RSE, it's pretty cool.

You know, I bought that upon myself for not being specific.

How do you rate MGS2 in comparison to the rest of the series?
It's my favourite for now, I still haven't finished Guns of the Patriots.

What the **** are they talking about???

My ******* head hurts!!
99% sure they're discussing about wandering about the city centre in small groups, armed with switchblades, and getting in battles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 26 Second Qualifying Final: Gumbies FFC vs Fighting Furies at House of Gumby (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back