Official Match Thread Season 26 Second Semi Final: Gumbies FFC vs Sin City Swamprats @ House Of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

The decline of the Sweet FA is sad. The decline that you and the rest of the Swamprats were a big cause of.
I personally really like the SFA until I came across you posting.

Nobody is belittling what is an incredibly tragic disease, and I applaud you for the idea of the Christmas match. If it's given the green light, I'll certainly be a part of it, and at the risk of speaking on behalf of my team mates, I'm sure many of them will as well.

Thanks for your support Philreich

Van_Dyke raised you well.

Using mental health as a banter topic again is sad but I suspect you meant no harm so I'll explain.

As someone who's had people in their family go through this, it's genuinely one of the worst things in the world. Had grandparents who'd been together for 40 years and watching then spend their last 10 years together with one of them fading away slowly was one of the most heartbreaking things I've had to witness. It was particularly hard for my grandfather, who was cognisant of his mental decline for the best part of 10 years and genuinely terrified at his situation. He slowly declined, started to not trust himself and in the end forgot who he was and who everyone around him was. If there's a disease that embodies cruelty more I'd be shocked, it's genuinely insidious. Imagine having everything that makes up who you are slowly stripped away from you as you watch and can do nothing.

Luckily, there's so much work going into the disease right here in Australia. Obviously lots of work across the world as well. If anybody would like to know more feel free to PM me as it's something close to my heart and I was lucky enough to meet some of the people looking into it during my studies.

For anyone wanting to donate to research efforts this is the best option. https://www.alz.org (Or for a more Australian focused charity with a patient focus you have a generic https://www.dementia.org.au/how-can-i-donate link from dementia.org. Naturally the disease has a fairly hefty financial burden and as such can be harder on those that aren't as well off)

Actually, Cloud_ is it possible to set up a Christmas match for this cause? Ant Bear has inspired me.
Happened to my pop, too.

The decline of the Sweet FA is sad. The decline that you and the rest of the Swamprats were a big cause of.
Just checked, you've been here that whole time.

So if you're not an agent of change, you're an ally of destruction, yeah?

Just checked, you've been here that whole time.

So if you're not an agent of change, you're an ally of destruction, yeah?
I add nothing to the Sweet FA, but I also don't take anything away from it. You and your kind however...

I add nothing to the Sweet FA, but I also don't take anything away from it. You and your kind however...

Don't denigrate yourself! You were a sweet FA captain! And a damn good one! Hehe!

Using mental health as a banter topic again is sad but I suspect you meant no harm so I'll explain.

As someone who's had people in their family go through this, it's genuinely one of the worst things in the world. Had grandparents who'd been together for 40 years and watching then spend their last 10 years together with one of them fading away slowly was one of the most heartbreaking things I've had to witness. It was particularly hard for my grandfather, who was cognisant of his mental decline for the best part of 10 years and genuinely terrified at his situation. He slowly declined, started to not trust himself and in the end forgot who he was and who everyone around him was. If there's a disease that embodies cruelty more I'd be shocked, it's genuinely insidious. Imagine having everything that makes up who you are slowly stripped away from you as you watch and can do nothing.

Luckily, there's so much work going into the disease right here in Australia. Obviously lots of work across the world as well. If anybody would like to know more feel free to PM me as it's something close to my heart and I was lucky enough to meet some of the people looking into it during my studies.

For anyone wanting to donate to research efforts this is the best option. https://www.alz.org (Or for a more Australian focused charity with a patient focus you have a generic https://www.dementia.org.au/how-can-i-donate link from dementia.org. Naturally the disease has a fairly hefty financial burden and as such can be harder on those that aren't as well off)

Actually, Cloud_ is it possible to set up a Christmas match for this cause? Ant Bear has inspired me.
Yeah sure thing.

Usually the board's quieter Christmas/New Years with people away so could be best to do something in January leading up a new season when it's a bit more active.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that's just speciesist.
Reported, EYB.

Yeah sure thing.

Usually the board's quieter Christmas/New Years with people away so could be best to do something in January leading up a new season when it's a bit more active.

January sounds good. Cheers cloud

BRAB Ant Bear - happened to my former mother in law too. That’s what caused the complete breakdown of my relationship with that family as every one of them piled in behind her right up to the point of her diagnosis. Something that I had been saying for years. That’s what was behind me dropping out as I tried to recover my situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 26 Second Semi Final: Gumbies FFC vs Sin City Swamprats @ House Of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back