Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gumbies FFC v Baghdad Bombers at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI. Today is the last day to submit a ladder for the BovBall game so I am doing a final encouragement to get involved. This golf style of scoring game compares your ladder against each rounds current ladder to give you a score each week. The Lowest total score at the end of the home and away wins. Use a randomiser if you need. Just one post with all 13 teams is enough to play the entire season. You won't find an easier game that requires so little effort!

Actually this is true. For many years neuroscientists believed we were born with a finite number of brain cells and we couldn’t create more. Modern science has led to that theory being proven wrong. There is a process called neuro genesis which shows certain activities promote cell creation from our hippocampus. One such action is the horizontal tango! So exercises in the bed promote better brain function. I encourage everyone to go grow some brain cells!
Forwarding this to my wife

I'm either getting lucky or getting slapped. If there was more horizontal tango I'd probably be smart enough to know which in advance

Actually this is true. For many years neuroscientists believed we were born with a finite number of brain cells and we couldn’t create more. Modern science has led to that theory being proven wrong. There is a process called neuro genesis which shows certain activities promote cell creation from our hippocampus. One such action is the horizontal tango! So exercises in the bed promote better brain function. I encourage everyone to go grow some brain cells!
You up, MayTheNorthBeWithU?

Baghdad.png

BAGHDAD BOMBERS OFFICIAL TEAMSHEET
S38 ROUND 1 VS GUMBIES FFC

B: Kilroy / Jabba73 / Footy Is The Win
HB: The Sultan / BLUEALLTHRU / kickthething
C: tomjoad / Bovo / mcgrath_truther
HF: Grav / Pugsley / CursingFijian
F: iDon / gab213 / KohPhi
FOLL: MayTheNorthBeWithU / snozulu / norway blue
INT: VainGlorious / PaPaPete
MILESTONES

mcgrath_truther SFA DEBUT
PaPaPete SFA DEBUT
MayTheNorthBeWithU 50 GAMES

Oh good i wasn't selected. When i'm in the stands I won't get in trouble for drinking beer and abusing the umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 2 and half hour marathon! That is amazing by any measure.
My best is 3 hours 12.
That was a long long time ago!
I'm no where near that these days
Me either.

It’s funny how the Olympics can bring back the “dreaming” from what (for me) became a lifestyle/job.

Actually hated running in the end. Sounds like you’ve still got the love for it, which is enviable. ✊

THE FUTURE LOOKS ROSIE IN BAGHDAD

After 35 games over 2 seasons with the Wonders, the guy with the name that you could down two schooners by the time you’ve finished pronouncing it MayTheNorthBeWithU saw the light & joined the Bombers in Season 37.

Alphabet as he was fondly nicknamed by BLUEALLTHRU is fast becoming a great acquisition for the club, starring both on & off the field.

Congratulations mate on bringing up you first 50 games in the SFA, I’m sure there will be many, many more to follow & I am proud to be your teammate . 🍻
Brought up on a Millennial diet of YouTube and Tik Tok on his phone, MayTheNorthBeWithU has learnt how to stay on top of things.

In fact he’s pretty tall, but he’s not intimidating. He’s quite the lady’s man and the kids all look up to him too.

He’s got leadership written all over him, but the hazing has thankfully been stamped out now.

He’s a people-person and loves to joke around, so he’s usually up for fun and games - adult ones.

You know.

Community-minded - as most Baghdaddis are - he’s got a heart like an ox and courage from head-to-toe.

It takes something special to move to a place most at risk from climate change and where fossil fuel drives the economy.

He’s born and bred country but he’s got city smarts and can adapt to the job at hand.

He plays footy outta town but his qooty starts at home. Legend has it he learnt to mark jumping on his brother’s shoulders and learnt to kick by hitting the side of a barn door.

As the #1 Ruckman at the club last season, he carried the midfield on his broad shoulders, but he acknowledges the support of his teammates in the midfield as his game keeps developing.

Popular around the club, he’s a key to Baghdad’s future and possesses the kind of character you can easily build a team around.

We’re hoping for that to be the case with MayTheNorthBeWithU and wish him a bright future at the club and around the league going forward.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 50th MATE! 👍

Last edited:
Is it the 69 that is key to understanding here?

Surely it’s not a straight Bitcoin flex?

What am I missing here?
Any time Bitcoin hits $69k it's a flex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gumbies FFC v Baghdad Bombers at The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back