Official Match Thread SEASON 31 - ROUND 12: Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

warr v royals.jpg

Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park Preview

The biggest match on the SFA calendar outside of the grand final is nearly upon us, the ANZAC Day Round. ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) Day is the anniversary of the landing of troops from Australia and New Zealand on the Gallipoli Peninsula, Turkey, in World War I on April 25, 1915. This Anzac Day we’ll come together, in person and in spirit, to commemorate the men and women who have served our nation in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations.

Despite having 36 scoring shots Warriors failed to defeat the Dragons last Sunday.

The Warriors were made to rue their missed chances in their 26-point defeat in a high scoring affair against Dragons. The midfield has been a particular highlight this season, averaging 38.5 clearances from their first two matches.

Meanwhile, the Royals season is going from good to great with their fourth win in a row. The Royals steamrollered the Wonders with a 71 point thrashing last Sunday, leaving no doubt they are the premiership favourites for S31.

An intriguing battle will be fought at both ends of the ground. At one end you have NaturalDisaster up against The Filth Wizard sitting on 42 qoals and at the other Blacky trying to put the lights out on the inform harry000 who sits on 48 Qoals. Which ever Full Back or Full Forward can stamp themselves on this game will win it for their team.

Young star Tonga Bob is one of the best for the Warriors, racking up a career-high 259 disposals for the season so far.

This has the makings to be one of the games of the round, and I believe the home ground advantage will be pivotal in the result. Warriors to WIN.

Warriors vs Royals S31 Form

Warriors WLWWL First Place

Royals LWWWW Forth Place

Didn’t we play you campaigners like a fortnight ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you did all the fixturing? Did you outsource the fixtures? So thats why we play Bombers, Bear, Furies twice this season.

I do, but allow requests at the same time. The reason we are playing the Royals twice in six weeks is because i stupidly allowed a last minute request for the Wonders/Dees to playing during Anzac round

I do, but allow requests at the same time. The reason we are playing the Royals twice in six weeks is because i stupidly allowed a last minute request for the Wonders/Dees to playing during Anzac round
I feel like next season the Warriors have earned an easy fixture. Give us the Wonders for all 16 rounds.

Mold breaking is a sure-fire way to assert dominance, and I'm here for it.

I feel like next season the Warriors have earned an easy fixture. Give us the Wonders for all 16 rounds.
Shooting fish in a barrel is a sport I can get around.

He hasn't been seen for over a month. You really think he would come in here just for you?
I’ll have you know he melted at me not three days ago.
Didn’t we play you campaigners like a fortnight ago
Looking svelte at the moment mate. What’s your secret? Eat a cookie every time ND says something witty and insightful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread SEASON 31 - ROUND 12: Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back