Official Match Thread Season 34 Second Semi-Final: Gumbies FFC vs Ophidian Old Boys @ The House of Gumby

Who will win?

• Gumbies

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Old Boys

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • I just hope everyone has fun :)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

gumbies.png ophidian.png
split trucks GIF

Old Boys have done well in their very first season in Sweet-FA to not only make their first finals series, but also win their very first final against the Mount Buller Demons. Ophidian has some star players who have gone deep into finals many times before, but a lot of the rest of their team will be experiencing finals for the very first time. It will be interesting to see how the rookies cope with back-to-back finals fixtures.

haydo had a game-high 9 marks last week. Old Boys will need his aerial presence again this week.

Tigerturbulance put in another solid performance in the elimination final with 18 disposals, 7 tackles and a goal. He will need to be on top of his game this week if he is to match DenieD's ferociousness.

BRAB only managed to touch the qootball 4 times last week. He will be hoping to have more of an impact this week.

Gumbies have once again found themselves in a do-or-die semi-final after failing to win their qualifying final the week before. A heart-breaking 1 point loss will have shattered most of the teams hopes after being so far ahead well into the final quarter. Word on the street is there will be some huge changes to the teams line-up this week to try and get some new energy into the side. We'll see if it works or not this weekend.

Newly minted FRED medallist Barrybran managed only 2 goals before getting pushed into the backline. He will be looking forward to getting more opportunities this week.

Rodney Dangerfield had a stellar game in the ruck. 14 hitouts, 25 disposals and 4 tackles went a long way to helping his team almost get over the line. If he can back up that performance this week, Gumbies will be in with a good shot.

miggs only touched the qootball 4 times last weekend. A positional change will hopefully help him have more of an impact this week.

584d9818367b6a13e54477fd.png

DenieD (yes I am putting myself here)

The Gumbies captain did his absolute best to try and carry his team over the line last week, but just fell short by the smallest of margins. 26 disposals, 7 tackles and 4 goals is an almighty effort and if he can back that performance up this week then Gumbies will be hard to beat.

Bonz

Probably the greatest modern Sweet-FA full forward, Bonz is a mammoth of a player and he monsters everyone who plays on him. A 6 goal return last week was what helped the Old Boys get over the line, and they will be relying on Bonz to do that again this weekend.

Captains please have your team sheets in by Thursday 11:59pm AEDT

Ok people it's time (nearly) it's a new day (kindah) and the sun is rising (ok not really).

Headless cafe, Braklet & DragoDelph homes (probably on the island) , more OOBs homes on or near the estate and Gumbies welcome to seek homes in Gumbania.

Tigerturbulance what is the Gumbies' "OOB Rating" or whatever that weird thing is that you do?

I realised that there was only one entrance to the Spotswood Oval, and that was via the Aldus Haydonian Pavilion. This, I thought must prove troublesome when teams of low ranking visit Spotswood - they might be denied entrance to the Pavilion, which would leave them entirely unable to enter the ground at all!

So I've built a secondary entrance off Rhilpisa Road, so that peeps can still get into the ground without going through the pavilion.

2022-11-08_05.43.42.png
2022-11-08_05.53.29.png
2022-11-08_05.43.18.png 2022-11-08_05.43.22.png 2022-11-08_05.43.46.png 2022-11-08_05.43.57.png 2022-11-08_05.44.02.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigerturbulance what is the Gumbies' "OOB Rating" or whatever that weird thing is that you do?

I realised that there was only one entrance to the Spotswood Oval, and that was via the Aldus Haydonian Pavilion. This, I thought must prove troublesome when teams of low ranking visit Spotswood - they might be denied entrance to the Pavilion, which would leave them entirely unable to enter the ground at all!

So I've built a secondary entrance off Rhilpisa Road, so that peeps can still get into the ground without going through the pavilion.

View attachment 1550430
View attachment 1550434
View attachment 1550428View attachment 1550429View attachment 1550431View attachment 1550432View attachment 1550433
The Peasant Entrance, or the Pentrance, if you will. Make a sign Mobbs, make a sign.

New home built in Spotswood pretty close to overlooking the groun, just a step across Rhilpisa Rd to the southern bleachers atop the canyon wall.

Available to first OOBs player who is not already settled somewhere.

Allotment 4, Rhilpisa Rd, Spotswood:
2022-11-08_07.09.23.png 2022-11-08_07.09.29.png 2022-11-08_07.09.34.png
2022-11-08_07.09.38.png

Ok now I gotta go to work!

View attachment 1550430
View attachment 1550434
View attachment 1550428View attachment 1550429View attachment 1550431View attachment 1550432View attachment 1550433

I think the Gumbies are silver, but they get a welcome mascot.

Adobe_20210319_211739.png

split trucks GIF

Old Boys have done well in their very first season in Sweet-FA to not only make their first finals series, but also win their very first final against the dregs de la dregs​
yadda yadda I just want to know who those truck drivers are, takes a particular set of skills to reverse a semi in a straight line at speed.

Back