Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 5: Roys FFC vs Coney Island Warriors at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
Who can earn the highest scrabble score?

A7cE-aHdJVvN9fAUI9gk2gsTvkk5eVdqWMaLFHfTi9L6XW5sRzpaWETwXEePBErZ24b0vfaVEGs6SNozidZkdnvePxidRC7u2qmLpO4HtIosLMQLffB2vrt_wD4Ur9JUXr2P3_GvkAJhkLDKvxfr7eg

The fifth round will see scrabble boards get their first use since Christmas 2004 with TedDougChris on one end of the table and Tonga Bob on the other end.
Who will be able to accumulate the highest score to win the fifth round of the 35th season?

Roys FFC vs Coney Island Warriors

The Season So Far
Roys FFC sits in the top five with a 3-1 record after beating the Old Boys, Gumbies, and Demons back-to-back-to-back and it hasn’t been without an elite start to the season by Runk in the midfield and Mooch down forward, who also sits second in the league's goal-kicking tally.
The Coney Island Warriors on the other hand have been disappointing to start season 35 with just a singular win against the Fighting Furies in round two but it hasn’t been without a highlights package from Dinsdale and the goal-scoring power of The Filth Wizard.

Last Week
Their supporters would have been excited to see Roys FFC get a win over the newest team last week by 26 points and they would have been in awe of Mooch ’s six-goal effort.
The Coney Island Warriors must bounce back this week after dropping a game to the Las Vegas Bears by 18 points and pantskyle will need to continue with their form after 24 disposals.

Roys FFC (19.10 124) defeated Ophidian Old Boys (15.8 98)
Coney Island Warriors (15.7 97) were defeated by Las Vegas Bears (16.19 115)

Around The Grounds
Fighting Furies vs West Coast Wonders at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome
East Side Phoenix vs Ophidian Old Boys FFC at The Eyrie
Las Vegas Bears vs Gumbies FFC at The Stadium in the Sky
Gold City Royals vs Dragons FFC at The Golden Throne
Sin City Swamprats vs Mount Buller Demons at Underground Stadium
The Baghdad Bombers receive a well deserved break.

Last Time
The Roys and Warriors last faced each other in the penultimate round of the previous season and it was a big, big win for the Roys by 48 points. Zevon made the most of a weaker opposition and kicked six goals but they weren’t without mistakes with six behinds while Allikat was solid support with 27 disposals.
For the Warriors, Dinsdale tried hard with four goals while 23 touches went the way of TheInjuryFactory alongside eight tackles and the rub of the green (7 frees for).

Season 34, Round 12: Coney Island Warriors (12.7 79) were defeated by Roys FFC (18.19 127)

Joke Of The Match
When does a joke become a dad joke?
When it becomes apparent.

Captains - please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm AEDT on Thursday

The Coney Island Warriors on the other hand have been disappointing to start season 35

ahem, I think you'll find the sim was disappointing, whilst the Warriors have been very entertaining. not one shitfight thread yet.

and good afternoon to our simian friends.

Who can earn the highest scrabble score?

A7cE-aHdJVvN9fAUI9gk2gsTvkk5eVdqWMaLFHfTi9L6XW5sRzpaWETwXEePBErZ24b0vfaVEGs6SNozidZkdnvePxidRC7u2qmLpO4HtIosLMQLffB2vrt_wD4Ur9JUXr2P3_GvkAJhkLDKvxfr7eg

The fifth round will see scrabble boards get their first use since Christmas 2004 with TedDougChris on one end of the table and Tonga Bob on the other end.
Who will be able to accumulate the highest score to win the fifth round of the 35th season?

Roys FFC vs Coney Island Warriors

The Season So Far
Roys FFC sits in the top five with a 3-1 record after beating the Old Boys, Gumbies, and Demons back-to-back-to-back and it hasn’t been without an elite start to the season by Runk in the midfield and Mooch down forward, who also sits second in the league's goal-kicking tally.
The Coney Island Warriors on the other hand have been disappointing to start season 35 with just a singular win against the Fighting Furies in round two but it hasn’t been without a highlights package from Dinsdale and the goal-scoring power of The Filth Wizard.

Last Week
Their supporters would have been excited to see Roys FFC get a win over the newest team last week by 26 points and they would have been in awe of Mooch ’s six-goal effort.
The Coney Island Warriors must bounce back this week after dropping a game to the Las Vegas Bears by 18 points and pantskyle will need to continue with their form after 24 disposals.

Roys FFC (19.10 124) defeated Ophidian Old Boys (15.8 98)
Coney Island Warriors (15.7 97) were defeated by Las Vegas Bears (16.19 115)

Around The Grounds
Fighting Furies vs West Coast Wonders at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome
East Side Phoenix vs Ophidian Old Boys FFC at The Eyrie
Las Vegas Bears vs Gumbies FFC at The Stadium in the Sky
Gold City Royals vs Dragons FFC at The Golden Throne
Sin City Swamprats vs Mount Buller Demons at Underground Stadium
The Baghdad Bombers receive a well deserved break.

Last Time
The Roys and Warriors last faced each other in the penultimate round of the previous season and it was a big, big win for the Roys by 48 points. Zevon made the most of a weaker opposition and kicked six goals but they weren’t without mistakes with six behinds while Allikat was solid support with 27 disposals.
For the Warriors, Dinsdale tried hard with four goals while 23 touches went the way of TheInjuryFactory alongside eight tackles and the rub of the green (7 frees for).

Season 34, Round 12: Coney Island Warriors (12.7 79) were defeated by Roys FFC (18.19 127)

Joke Of The Match
When does a joke become a dad joke?
When it becomes apparent.

Captains - please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm AEDT on Thursday
86B7D274-5550-4CC8-9482-1454F0895443.jpeg

The warriors often rarely never lose three in a row so I'm backing us in to do it in a canter this week
An absolute canter!!! Can’t be stopped*.

ZAP should work - I'm not letting you get away with RA though. Captaincy or not!
The many Egyptians in my mentions are furious right now.

Fun note:
I play scrabble with my Dad, he once put RABBLE, so I added SC to the front.

We laughed a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The many Egyptians in my mentions are furious right now.
the Mesopotamians are better than Egyptians as they invented beer first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back