Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - Gumbies FFC vs Dragons FFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for real life and not lewd cat 😂

Bit flat today got diagnosed with Achilles tendinopathy.

Essentially Strict orders from osteo for 2 months rest, apparently I'm at risk of a tear/ rupture.

But I have Korea at the start of May, in a competition that's a larger individual competition than the world cup (Grand Prix for individuals, world cup for teams).

Been training for it my entire life.

Trying to figure out if I just take that risk, continue training and compete.

(For record when it warms up it feels fine, just early mornings, or if I have been sitting I can barely move around until a few mins of walking, and cannot touch it due to very sharp pain).
Achilles tendonopathy sucks.
If it is your literal lifetime goal I would definitely keep training and doing it.
The pain will get worse but remain manageable IMO.
the chance of a tear is real, but that is no worse than where you are now.
I tore my Achilles in my 20's , it is obviously serious, but I would risk it for a lifetime goal without question.

Thanks for reminding people I run marathons.
It was a useful reminder. I usually picture you running from a bunch of plasma ball things in the war of Naboo.

Still running them? Or has age finally caught up with you? I can't justify the time requirement for that level of training any more.
I half arsed Chicago marathon last year. Did enough training to get through it, wife did her first and we worked around her training properly.
Ironically it was my most enjoyable as I had no time pressure, took it easy and slowed down when I felt like it. Soaked up the atmosphere and when it got to 40km was disappointed it was almost over.
I'm in for Sydney this year to get back in shape to have a crack at Berlin next year. My long range goal has been at least one marathon a year from 2015 to 2029 (the year I turn 50) including completing the big 6.

Glee seemed awesome?
This is not my recollection at all!
I've been on a cruise all week guys and just getting to the thread now.
How dare you.

I put my heart and soul into helping the kids in the show choir realise their talent!

I'm more concerned with the borderline criminal behaviour myself
Album Cover Vintage GIF by Luke Strickler

Oh noes.

You can go sit in the naughty room along with Chief, T2B_, Falconista and cats_09.

WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF CORNERS PEOPLE!

Tonight demonstrated the perfect reason for why we need a permanent daylight savings…

I finished work at 6pm, in my car 10mins later and while waiting to turn out of the carpark there’s a car driving down a busy road with no headlights on - during daylight savings hours, no issues with no headlights at 6pm as it’s still light outside. But being the end of daylight savings it’s much more annoying when folks don’t want to turn on headlights at 6pm because some bullshit about being “too early” or whatever

So bring on permanent daylight savings - and if you think about it, once it becomes permanent then there won’t be any need to worry about changing clocks twice a year or whatever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight demonstrated the perfect reason for why we need a permanent daylight savings…

I finished work at 6pm, in my car 10mins later and while waiting to turn out of the carpark there’s a car driving down a busy road with no headlights on - during daylight savings hours, no issues with no headlights at 6pm as it’s still light outside. But being the end of daylight savings it’s much more annoying when folks don’t want to turn on headlights at 6pm because some bullshit about being “too early” or whatever

So bring on permanent daylight savings - and if you think about it, once it becomes permanent then there won’t be any need to worry about changing clocks twice a year or whatever
I too had a bit of a freaky experience when I left work at 6pm here in Perth. There was this watery-like stuff falling from the sky. I think it's called rain but it's been so long that my memory might be wrong.

I too had a bit of a freaky experience when I left work at 6pm here in Perth. There was this watery-like stuff falling from the sky. I think it's called rain but it's been so long that my memory might be wrong.

I remember when after we’d been going through the drought period out east but a good decade+, I was in Melb with my brother & one of his mates and it started raining unlike anything we had experienced for a long time

It didn’t worry us as we were inside, but looking out onto the street we did joke if young kids would be asking their parents what the stuff falling from the sky was 😂

We seemingly also had rain sometime this evening but only in sections - there as clear boundaries where the rain bands had come across - bone dry street, but cross the intersection and it wasn’t just damp but genuinely wet & puddles. Drive through that for like 5 or 6km, and then there was 2 or 3km of bone dry road followed by another stretch of wet. It was weird

Exhibit A as evidence of the shows high cringe factor.

I'm more concerned with the borderline criminal behaviour myself
Falc, Goose, I can be even cringier.

And the only criminal thing in my career was the fact that we lost to Vocal Adrenaline in last year's regionals. Everything else is an ongoing investigation, no charges have been pressed, and I categorically deny everything.

Daylight savings is criminal
Oh noes.

Now Mop has to find a spare space in the naughty room to think about what they've done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - Gumbies FFC vs Dragons FFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back