Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Ophidian Old Boys v Coney Island Warriors @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
SweetFA.png

Round 4
Ophidian Old Boys vs Coney Island Warriors

The OOBs will be at their (stolen) home ground to face a Warriors outfit filled with posting talent but struggling on field after a promising start. The Old Boys won the moral high ground after the ground final rematch and will look to take their good form back to Spotswood.

The Coney Island Warriors started the seasons strongly over the Swamprats in vindication for the torture they endured during that week, but back to back losses against the Gumbies and Furies threaten to leave a strong finals run in disarray. Yes, I have gone early.

SpotsWoodOval.png
Spotswood Oval

OldBoys.png
Form Guide
BLW

The Season so Far

The Old Boys come into the season as reigning premiers, and whilst over the off season former Furies stalwart Ned_Flanders departed the OOB's secured a massive signature in that of Dingster from his usual home in the Las Vegas Bears, whilst Over The Post also returns to his old club after a few season hiatus from the League. Incoming rookie FreoGirl also looks to have settled well at Spotswood and the OOBs boast a very active list for Season 38.

After a bye first up, the reigning premiers suffered a humiliating defeat thanks to Hawks full forward Tarkyn_24's monstrous day in front of goal, but rectified the early season jitters with their own dominant force at full forward BRAB booting 10 to win the Grand Final rematch against the Swamprats in Round 3, they'll be seeking to push the ledger into the positive with a win at home on Sunday.

Players to Watch

157941.jpg
- BRAB

Moved to full forward last week, BRAB kicked 10 goals to lead the OOBs to Victory and earned his first Team of The Week nomination. Once coveted by the Boys Club and now an Old Boy himself, one of my favourite posters of all time, expect him to keep his spot and kick another bag this week.
Goals this Season: 11
DT Points Last Week: 112
DT Points for Season: 125

216275.jpg
- Irish BlueBagger

Ever present in Match Threads and one of the most effective half forwards going around in Season 38, could be another big game off the HFF.
TOTW Selections: 2
Goals this Season: 2
DT Points this Season: 156

Prediction

Qooty will be the real winner on Sunday

Warriors300.png
Form Guide
WLL

The Season so Far

The Warriors introduced Barrybran to the already quality posting unit at Coney Island, bolstering a team than contains household names such as Captain Tonga Bob , The Filth Wizard pantskyle and TheInjuryFactory , and valuable clubmen in Piggy Smalls , Dinsdale , FootyGuy13 and the like. Rookies in raffrox and brian_muz also join the fray and will hopefully provide quality contributions alongside the Warriors stars.

On field however, the Warriors have fallen dramatically after a strong victory in the first week against grand finalists of last year in the Swamprats, with back to back losses following their only win but what better way to emerge in the green than doing the double over both grand finalists from Season 37.

Players to Watch

45819.jpg
- The Filth Wizard

It's been a slow start for the Warriors full forward, much like the rest of his team, can Filf find his kicking boots this week and shout a bag for the fellas?
Goals this Season: 7
DT Points this Season: 93

43098.jpg
- Dinsdale

The Coney Island Centre Half Forward has 5 goals to his name so far this season, whilst also being one of the more reliably active Warriors in every match thread.
Goals this season: 5
TOTW Selections: 2

Prediction

Qooty will be the real winner on Sunday

Captains and teamsheets at sometime make yourself known, thank you​

Last edited:
Nice one, tgrs!

The OOBs will be at their (stolen) home ground to face a Warriors outfit

1723492787128.gif

Thanks anyway! :cool:

(Another coveted post #2, I'm on a minor roll.)

Hey Wazzas, come out to play!

(I wonder how many times I can get away with that clip before one of the Warrior mods kicks me out of my own match thread?)

I know I'm currently not around much, but tgrs is back?

This can only be good for qooty!! Welcome back friend.

Wazzas, have a great week. There are many of you I like dearly. Apologies in advance for my lack of involvement.

OOBs, as nice as they are, do them dirty, smack the **** out of them.

Ends

Nice one, tgrs!

View attachment 2077747

Thanks anyway! :cool:

(Another coveted post #2, I'm on a minor roll.)

Does it still count if it’s posted at 4am and you’re just going about your regular day at a regular time?

You’ve found a loophole here Brak, and we do love loopholes 😎

Hey Wazzas, come out to play!

(I wonder how many times I can get away with that clip before one of the Warrior mods kicks me out of my own match thread?)
You went early, how disappointing for everyone involved.
three-stooges.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good morning Warriors and welcome to Spotswood, nice OP tgrs but "stolen home ground", have you been away too long we own all of Sweet now?
when did you buy it off Mobbs ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Ophidian Old Boys v Coney Island Warriors @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back