Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 5 - East Side Hawks v Roys FFC @ The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks so far
R1 - Loss to Furies
R2 - Defeated Old Boys
R3 - Loss to Wonders
R4 - Loss to Dragons
Hey look at that! We found a team worse than us. Congrats on the win Hawks. See you for mad Monday.

Congratulations SpecialBruce 50 Roys Games​

(93 overall Sweet FA).
View attachment 2085267

This week we celebrate the 50th Roys FFC game of SPECIALBRUCE who returned to the team mid-Season 36 after joining the club for seasons 4 to 6. And yes, that means he's already a premiership player at the Roys. Starting his career with the Dingoes in the inaugural season of the league, Brucey switched to the Razors for Season 2 and then to the Hurricanes in S03.

That was the same season the Roys got underway, and I'd just moved FROM the 'canes to help start up the new kickagoalstarter, so inevitably, we'd meet on the field at one point.

In an absolute non-surprise, we know it was the real SpecialBruce because he was already rustling everyone the wrong way, including his teammates at the Hurricanes.

For those w***ers who think there was no banter in the early seasons of the Sweet FA, I doubt anyone can help you. The article "SpecialBruce doesn't care" certainly didn't do much to douse the flames at the Hurricanes. Eventually the captain eagleskickass had to step in and his iron fist approach seemed to settle the matter eg "comments like 'ill pass it to the opposition before i pass to him' will see you passing it to your opposition team mates..in the ressies." [Fracas follows Inferno leak]

The Hurricanes went on to Smash the Roys by 40 points, with SpecialBruce playing off the bench (as an inexplicable disciplinary measure) and getting donuts. :D

Congratulations SpecialBruce! If I had to name just one of your career highlights ... I wouldn't I'd name them all.
View attachment 2085269

And if I name myself this week I'll be playing my 600th league game yay

_Mike_ , 3KZ is Football , Aristotle Pickett , Chezzalenko Reborn , DERRINALPHIL , Dicky Fitzwell , Eat Fresh , Elmer_Hauser , Ed_Gein , fitzroybowiedog , HinkleysHeroes , JackNah_8 , judge judy , Mooch , Phar Ace , Pure Grunt , Reardo, royboy2 , Roylion , TheGoatBaron , windyhill

A pleasure to spend Sunday at the waterside this weekend - The Eyrie is a picturesque arena and a monument to humankind's refusal to become extinct just yet.
Congrats on the 50 SpecialBruce. You'll be pleased to know that we know how to play milestone games. We have all the knowledge of what's required and the experience of playing many a milestone. Strategy, tactics, set plays, dossiers on the opposition. We've got it all. So on Sunday you know exactly what to expect. We'll lead for 3 quarters then forget to turn up for the fourth. You're welcome.

Congrats on the 50 SpecialBruce. You'll be pleased to know that we know how to play milestone games. We have all the knowledge of what's required and the experience of playing many a milestone. Strategy, tactics, set plays, dossiers on the opposition. We've got it all. So on Sunday you know exactly what to expect. We'll lead for 3 quarters then forget to turn up for the fourth. You're welcome.
What does my dossier say? 😇

Thirteen reasons Tarks left the Furies. Number seven will shock you!
Oh god I've clearly scrolled too far ....
What does my dossier say? 😇
Legend of the game
Nice bloke
Surprisingly has all his own teeth
Easily distracted by beer and snacks in the goal square

Oh god I've clearly scrolled too far ....

Legend of the game
Nice bloke
Surprisingly has all his own teeth
Easily distracted by beer and snacks in the goal square
The Roys have a wonderful scout 🤗

View attachment 2085204View attachment 2085205

9th v 10th

Season 38 Round 5 - East Side Hawks v Roys FFC @ The Eyrie

Hawks so far

R1 - Loss to Furies
R2 - Defeated Old Boys
R3 - Loss to Wonders
R4 - Loss to Dragons

Roys so far
R1 - Defeated Royals
R2 - Loss to Bears
R3 - Loss to Demons
R4 - Bye

Players to watch
Hawks:
Tarkyn_24 Will be furious after being dragged by the sim last week, expect a huge revenge bag from him
Roys: Always watch out for Ed_Gein 😳 :knife:

Tip
The Hawks by 20:
Roys will be a bit sluggish after the Bye

Team Sheets are due by 11:59pm AWST Thursday

Mobbs has a gerbil
Gerbils do not like heights much
Hawks like to eat them

View attachment 2085206
So, are there free gerbils during the week? I could go for a snack. 😬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a blood test and it confirmed my suspicions. I've been diagnosed with severe leather poisoning. It also picked up some early signs of kickingsnagsicitis.

Callums_Guns I trust the club will be covering my on going treatment costs?
They should be covered. Workmen’s comp, after all.

Mooch

Q: 2 East Side Hawks players in a car without any music, who is driving?

A: The Policeman
A policeman gave me and a friend a ride when we were young. No, we weren’t arrested. 😛 When he stopped, I went to open the door to get out…there were no door handles. 😯

Hi, GoatBaron. Hope you’re well. 🙂

Last edited:
Hi Roys.

No monkey business this week!
Makeup Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Where are we going? Any plans yet?
Depends on the budget. We have Ed_Gein and _Mike_ negotiating with sponsors as we speak. The options on the table are those straw huts with a slide straight into the sea in Goa, first-class flights, all-inclusive soom service and spa treatment........ or egg and beans with a cup of instant coffee flavoured chudshake at Wanky Cafe on Brunswick St.

A policeman gave me and a friend a ride when we were young. No, we weren’t arrested. 😛 When he stopped, I went to open the door to get out…there were no door handles. 😯

Hi, GoatBaron. Hope you’re well. 🙂
No door handles? :eek:

I’m doing well. Brain scan I had came back all clear but have an appointment though with the balance clinic 2 days before Iron Maiden.

Had a stressful day yesterday with one of my goats. Found him collapsed, had worm infection. Poor bastard.

How have you been mate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 5 - East Side Hawks v Roys FFC @ The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back