Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 5 - West Coast Wonders v Coney Island Warriors @ The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

In times like these I like to break out a Chuck Klosterman hypothetical -

"You are sitting in an empty bar (in a town you've never before visited), drinking with a soft-spoken acquaintance you barely know. After an hour, a third individual walks into the tavern and sits by himself, and you ask your acquaintance who the new man is. Be careful of that guy, you are told. He is a man with a past. A few minutes later, a fourth person enters the bar; he also sits alone. You ask your acquaintance who this new individual is. Be careful of that guy too, he says. He is a man with no past. Which of these two people do you trust less?"
The one that would reject a FAIR and JUST re-sim.

"You are sitting in an empty bar (in a town you've never before visited), drinking with a soft-spoken acquaintance you barely know.
Aha!!!
If it's empty, how can I be drinking with someone??

I'm still here
Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone play that geolocating game where you're given an image and try to be "nearest to the pin" in terms of where it's located?

I've seen others play it who are absolute wizards and want to give it a go one day. Wouldn't be great at it though.

Does anyone play that geolocating game where you're given an image and try to be "nearest to the pin" in terms of where it's located?

I've seen others play it who are absolute wizards and want to give it a go one day. Wouldn't be great at it though.
I'm terrible at geography unless I've been there.

I thought we were at nowhere special already.
I know where I've been today but not quite sure where I'm going yet.
Not looking forward to tomorrow really.
The market hopefully!

Various locations all over Australia and potentially even the world!
I said here.

Another mystery for the famous detectives Pamcake1 and Dinsdale.
Columbo voice:
Aaah ma'am, just one more thing...

columbo.jpg

I thought we were at nowhere special already.
I know where I've been today but not quite sure where I'm going yet.
Not looking forward to tomorrow really.
Could be worse, could be Friday 4. (Is that what you call Monday? Never underestood the whole Friday thing)

RyTl9XZ.png

Is this like a Wire type detective show or more a Cagney & Lacey?
I just read in the NYTimes today that they are finally streaming David Simons first show, 'Homicide'.
Unfortunately not here in Australia though.
The book is one of my all time favourites and I'm not really into true crime. The 'Zodiac' of novels.

The market hopefully!
That's Friday.
Also was reading about this:

"A Kentucky man who prosecutors say hacked into state death registry systems to fake his own death — in part to avoid paying more than $100,000 in child support — was sentenced on Monday to 81 months in federal prison, the authorities said.
According to federal prosecutors, the man, Jesse Kipf, 39, of Somerset, Ky., hacked into the Hawaii Death Registry System in January 2023 with the username and password of a doctor living in another state to create and certify his own death certificate."

I've watched videos of the bloke who is the best in the world at it. Crazy how close he can get by looking at street signs, traffic lights, how buildings are constructed etc

Is this like a Wire type detective show or more a Cagney & Lacey?
I just read in the NYTimes today that they are finally streaming David Simons first show, 'Homicide'.
Unfortunately not here in Australia though.
New York Undercover or GTFO.

The book is one of my all time favourites and I'm not really into true crime. The 'Zodiac' of novels.
That's what I've heard. Have never tracked down the book. You can't get it at the library. Should look on the net for 2nd hand but haven't.

I'm terrible at geography unless I've been there.
I'm hopeless at directions as well. During the offseason I told our Baghdad Bomber friends that they only way was up in season38 after their disastrous S37, but that's not looking promising...

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 5 - West Coast Wonders v Coney Island Warriors @ The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back