Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 5 - West Coast Wonders v Coney Island Warriors @ The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

And I have my Body Corporate AGM tomorrow...dum dum de dum dum dum dum da dum de dum.
Friend of mine who writes speaches for the Premiers Dept reckons I should write the guidebook on OC's.
If I did I would write it as a mock horror story.
Was reminded today about the ones who were keeping chooks on the balcony, which they fully intended to raise and eat.

Agree with your examples, it was hard to wrap my head around. I'll try to get back into it. I'm keen to see "Anatomy of a Fall" too which probably touches the differences as well.

Love French film (especially 50-60's New Wave as Gralin can verify). Haven't seen much French TV but "The Bureau" is a top 3 all time favourite and "Call My Agent!" was great too.
Call My Agent or 10% to call it's original name I've seen 3 times already. The Bureau was fantastic too. Antatomy of a Fall looks great.

And I have my Body Corporate AGM tomorrow...dum dum de dum dum dum dum da dum de dum.
Friend of mine who writes speaches for the Premiers Dept reckons I should write the guidebook on OC's.
If I did I would write it as a mock horror story.
Was reminded today about the ones who were keeping chooks on the balcony, which they fully intended to raise and eat.
Wife and I bought into a complex, got on the body corporate, could not believe how crooked it was, and how corrupt they were at inventing new costs for tenants/owners. We sold that junk heap soon after.

Good luck.

Agree with your examples, it was hard to wrap my head around. I'll try to get back into it. I'm keen to see "Anatomy of a Fall" too which probably touches the differences as well.

Love French film (especially 50-60's New Wave as Gralin can verify). Haven't seen much French TV but "The Bureau" is a top 3 all time favourite and "Call My Agent!" was great too.
I heartily endorse this product or service
1724238618482.jpeg

I heartily endorse this product or service
View attachment 2086824
Go Away GIF

Wife and I bought into a complex, got on the body corporate, could not believe how crooked it was, and how corrupt they were at inventing new costs for tenants/owners. We sold that junk heap soon after.

Good luck.
This will be the first time in 25 years I won't be standing for the Owners Committee.
I spent 20 years as Chair, got it running well no probs, did a total refurb over 7 of those years, 9 years ago the 'nightmare' moved in, they've now become the Chair and the place has gone to shit in two years.
The issues in general are:
1/that the legislation is not good enough.
a) It hasn't kept up with the explosion in the sector and is pretty toothless.
b)There is no oversight or acreditation of Owners Corp managers.
c)Govt can't be bothered doing a proper review of the OC laws top to bottom although NSW has just twigged and is.
2/ People being unaware of the Rules & regs (Different each State) and thinking someone else will do it.
It's astonishing the people who buy into a Body Corp/Owners Corp think it is set and forget and don't keep an eye on the bottom line or anticipate maintainence schedules.
Blah Blah Blah....Then there is the corruption of meglomaniacs...who I want to throttle at the moment..but hey I take that out on the Qooty....that's the mission.

This will be the first time in 25 years I won't be standing for the Owners Committee.
I spent 20 years as Chair, got it running well no probs, did a total refurb over 7 of those years, 9 years ago the 'nightmare' moved in, they've now become the Chair and the place has gone to shit in two years.
c)Govt can't be bothered doing a proper review of the OC laws top to bottom although NSW has just twigged and is.
2/ People being unaware of the Rules & regs (Different each State) and thinking someone else will do it.
It's astonishing the people who buy into a Body Corp/Owners Corp think it is set and forget and don't keep an eye on the bottom line or anticipate maintainence schedules.
Blah Blah Blah....Then there is the corruption of meglomaniacs...who I want to throttle at the moment..but hey I take that out on the Qooty....that's the mission.

Sounds like you were the only honest one there

Sounds like you were the only honest one there
Not true, there were others here who cared and were scrupulous in all dealings.
There has been a generational change with more units sold in this last year than in the ten previously.
But then I know where all the bodies are, well all the deaths that have happened here, including the double murder by the 'Carlton Crew' hit man in 1982.
Ooo I have some stories but what's really, really weird, is that the 3 apartments that have had deaths in them (there are 28 in all) all have horrible owners, 2 living in them.

Not true, there were others here who cared and were scrupulous in all dealings.
There has been a generational change with more units sold in this last year than in the ten previously.
But then I know where all the bodies are, well all the deaths that have happened here, including the double murder by the 'Carlton Crew' hit man in 1982.
Ooo I have some stories but what's really, really weird, is that the 3 apartments that have had deaths in them (there are 28 in all) all have horrible owners, 2 living in them.
Is your complex called "Murder Manor" or "Homicide House"...bit of a dead give-away for future victims residents... how long have you been there, because my spider senses are tingling

Is your complex called "Murder Manor" or "Homicide House"...bit of a dead give-away for future victims residents... how long have you been there, because my spider senses are tingling
I call it, Muttering Mansions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been here a while, I'll list them for you then:
One woman, a drinker and a serious hoarder burnt to death in the early hours. The fireries think she fell over or passed out and couldn't get up or out. Burnt out her appt and the one above badly damaged.
The double murder, which I make light of now but was really horrible. Remains unsolved bc the hitman was himself murdered in a park in Caulfield, so they can't solve it but they know it. It happened at 9.30am one Friday and I knew the Sri Lankan student Adri bc he was also the maintenance man, he was the innocent in the wrong place at the wrong time. The mark had ripped off the Carlton Crew of $40,000 of cash (or coke) and was hiding at his ex-boyfriends place, where of course they found him.
Then there was Henry, who no one liked or talked to after getting to know him, he wasn't discovered for 3 weeks, till Mary below being an ex-nurse knew what the smell was.

Ok enough Bedtime stories...nightie night now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 5 - West Coast Wonders v Coney Island Warriors @ The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back