Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking scabs again, Goosey?
Not at all, whatever happened here I missed.
I had limited dealings with her but found her quite nice and friendly.
If I have inadvertently "mentioned the war" apologies.

A minor improvement. Some huge omissions though (to get the VIC bias in ofc), to both the final and extended squad.
Agree. maybe not about the improvement.
I always feel the Giants are short changed. Our players have to be exceptional, cant leave out, to make it.
We've never got a 50/50 Giant in. We've been very good for a very long time and have been underrepresented almost the whole way.
I imagine the same for the Suns and to a lesser extent Freo and North.
We got 2 in this year, Jesse won the Coleman and was as dominant as can be. Whitfield was the leading disposal winner in the entire comp, got a run on the bench.
The amount of mids they jam in in ridiculous. we had an onballer on the wing, 2 in the forward line and 3 on the bench. Probably 5 more than they should have picked.

Having the C on him throughout the middle of the year cost me a top 2 spot in my dynasty home league. Thankfully I have Neale and Bont as cover :p
if you had Merret as captain over Neale and Bont you deserve to lose.

Agree. maybe not about the improvement.
I always feel the Giants are short changed. Our players have to be exceptional, cant leave out, to make it.
We've never got a 50/50 Giant in. We've been very good for a very long time and have been underrepresented almost the whole way.
I imagine the same for the Suns and to a lesser extent Freo and North.
We got 2 in this year, Jesse won the Coleman and was as dominant as can be. Whitfield was the leading disposal winner in the entire comp, got a run on the bench.
The amount of mids they jam in in ridiculous. we had an onballer on the wing, 2 in the forward line and 3 on the bench. Probably 5 more than they should have picked.

Totally agree - Flanders was incredible, no look. Collins wasn’t as good this year as previous years, still no AA. Xerri was better than Gawn, but Max gets the nod. Plus Giants as you’ve mentioned.

It’s a headline grabber and nothing more - I’d care more if we played anyone but no one plays us internationally so meh

if you had Merret as captain over Neale and Bont you deserve to lose.

Bont most weeks but Merrett has been excellent in the home stretch the last 2 years from memory. Anyway; still made the prelim but got pipped at the post

I asked the AI to have the camels looking jovial and happy in this one.

This was them watching Port Adelaide beating the Dockers last Sunday, thus securing a finals spot for the Blues.:laughv1:

457136499_1671486280060055_5574169832341900781_n.jpg

Going back to this talk about old computing technology, well my old man did spend many years as an assembly line operator at Digital Equipment Corporation aka DEC.

They were an American company but their main factory for Europe was in Ireland. This video here shows one of the companies computers from 1987.

This type of computer was manufactured for usage in libraries.

Last edited:
Going back to this talk about old computing technology, well my old man did spend many years as an assembly line operator at Digital Equipment Corporation aka DEC.

They were an American company but their main factory for Europe was in Ireland. This video here shows one of the companies computers from 1987.

This type of computer was manufactured for usage in libraries.

You need a forklift to carry the monitor.

I’d love to see young people trying to use these old style computers - no TikTok or games? Guess we’ll actually have to do real work without distractions 😂

I’d love to see young people trying to use these old style computers - no TikTok or games? Guess we’ll actually have to do real work without distractions 😂
And I'd like to see them waiting to get on line just like we did with the old dial ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the 80's mate. Bigger is better seemed to be the line of thinking with regards to technology back then.:laughv1:

It was the 80's mate. Bigger is better seemed to be the line of thinking with regards to technology back then.:laughv1:
Love the present with these huge moniters and Tv's that only weigh a few kilo's.

Love the present with these huge moniters and Tv's that only weigh a few kilo's.
Now these things were bit of a nightmare to carry around.:laughv1:

2289946a1b8baa9d275ec7406ec43a90.jpg

Need a forklift for them as well lol.
No internet on them either mate. They don't even have text messaging.:laughv1: Still though people survived regardless.

That break easily or are programmed with planned obsolescence? Hmm

No internet on them either mate. They don't even have text messaging.:laughv1: Still though people survived regardless.
I love the modern technology mate you can go to the doctors, ride public transport, walk down the street and even drive your car and you don't have to take any notice of anyone, just look at your phone.

Like how old you talking?

My brother & a couple of his mates decided to try start their own music newspaper up in Newcastle in the mid 90s and they bought all the tech to get themselves set up

As an 11yr old I was helping them get the computers ready for use, any one comp they had was an ex-government one they were able to get cheap - it had a few games on it, including strip poker

That break easily or are programmed with planned obsolescence? Hmm
I had a 1994 television that survived for almost twenty years before packing it in. There's no way a modern plasma screen/LED one would survive that long!

Like how old you talking?

My brother & a couple of his mates decided to try start their own music newspaper up in Newcastle in the mid 90s and they bought all the tech to get themselves set up

As an 11yr old I was helping them get the computers ready for use, any one comp they had was an ex-government one they were able to get cheap - it had a few games on it, including strip poker

I think this has been mentioned, but I had to explain to a late primary school kid what a landline was 😂

I asked the AI to have the camels looking jovial and happy in this one.

This was them watching Port Adelaide beating the Dockers last Sunday, thus securing a finals spot for the Blues.:laughv1:

457136499_1671486280060055_5574169832341900781_n.jpg
Jovial is not the word I'd use to describe the result.
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back