Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Roys FFC v Sin City Swamprats @ Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact I was exposed to about 35 years ago in the power industry where I worked - we had a whole department dedicated to improving the aesthetics of powerlines called the RUDPLC - Relocation or Undergrounding of Power Lines Committee. They'd investigate options of replacing ugly power lines with either undergrounding them, or ABC (aerial bundled cable) where multiple lines could be converted to a bundled format which looked like only one line. Used to get into cahoots with city councils where they'd pay for it to be done in mainly retail streetscapes but the govt would contribute towards it (maybe 50/50 I can't remember).

But they always had to include the STT (link above) who had a vision of limiting how much stuff needs to be running underground. So that was basically an endless debate forum!
Publics works and endless debates? That doesn't sound right.
Well that sucks! Wait, you're in Australia and you have the internet???
You don't?

internet crowd GIF

Raz the following properties are located in "Outback District" which is a countryside hamlet just north of Sweet. It also hosts the esteemed Outback Arena where the old Koalas team used to play when they were in the Sweet FA many years ago.

ODBattery02 (this means Allotment 2, Battery Road, Outback District):
2021-06-08_13.19.38.png 2021-06-08_13.19.43.png 2021-06-08_13.19.51.png

ODBattery04:
2021-06-12_18.14.15.png 2021-06-12_18.55.21.png 2021-06-12_18.12.56.png

ODBattery05:
2021-06-13_21.11.46.png 2021-06-13_21.11.42.png 2021-06-13_21.12.05.png

There's also a small pub in the village in case you want to run a commercial establishment as well. (You can have 1 residential and 1 commercial property).
ODGlenn01 - Jimmy's Tavern:
2021-06-08_13.20.10.png 2021-06-08_13.20.17.png 2021-06-08_13.20.26.png

Here's the village in the Real Estate Guide (though the image at the link is a little out of date and doesn't show all the above homes):

And here's where it all is with respect to Sweet Municipality:
OutbackDistrictVillage.gif

If you like the look of anything, let me know which one and I'll register you as the proprietor of that property.

If nothing takes your fancy I can show you some places in other villages instead.

btw today I just designed and orded a Sweet FA tee shirt online.
I was gonna get a second one for my wife TheInjuryFactory but he controls our meltcoin wallet so there's no way I can surprise him.

Last edited:
Iā€™m emotional, a Tavern named after me. Who brought the onions? šŸ˜­
I will go look at the files to see where I got the name from.
Oops sorry its for you, of course it was always for you!
Nevermind it seems I never jotted down the etymology so it can be named after you after all!

I was gonna get a second one for my wife TheInjuryFactory but he controls our meltcoin wallet so there's now way I can surprise him.
Iā€™ll buy one if you have a shirt in black

Iā€™ll buy one if you have a shirt in black
Let me taste test it 'cause the website is a bit blase about where the pocket location is, wanna make sure it looks ok first, then for sure :D

I did already order 3 others with homemade TISM motifs (gonna be seeing them next month) and those came out pretty good. So it should be fine.

Will design some Roys FFC S38 premiership tops later in the year.

Safely knowing you are a big horror fan (?), I recommend subbing this small Youtube channel. The guy makes his own very short films which are very good fun, if a bit blatently jumpscare heavy. He's got some good Blender skills and keeps the vibe tight and rapid! Here's an example:

Safely knowing you are a big horror fan (?), I recommend subbing this small Youtube channel. The guy makes his own very short films which are very good fun, if a bit blatently jumpscare heavy. He's got some good Blender skills and keeps the vibe tight and rapid! Here's an example:

To be honest Iā€™m not a big fan. Iā€™m more of a Sci Fi fan but the Alien franchise is cool though. American Werewolf in London is a classic also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was gonna get a second one for my wife TheInjuryFactory but he controls our meltcoin wallet so there's no way I can surprise him.
It's true.

I've never quite forgiven you for spending our first Meltcoin on a pizza.

To be honest Iā€™m not a big fan. Iā€™m more of a Sci Fi fan but the Alien franchise is cool though. American Werewolf in London is a classic also
Cosmic horror is lots of fun! I do like the Alien films too, and man its been a while since I saw American Werewolf in London!

Watch the eerie "almost horror" Lake Mungo one day :) Most of its filmed in Ararat!

Cosmic horror is lots of fun! I do like the Alien films too, and man its been a while since I saw American Werewolf in London!

Watch the eerie "almost horror" Lake Mungo one day :) Most of its filmed in Ararat!
Havenā€™t heard of Lake Mungo. Is it on any platforms here?

Speaking of movies, am I The only here one who actually thinks the Indiana Jones moves are all crap/very overrated except for The Last Crusade.

I switched off 45 minutes into the latest run, that cash cow had well and truly been milked to death.
I enjoyed just the first one, and the second was "ok" for me. I haven't seen any others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Roys FFC v Sin City Swamprats @ Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back