Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Confused Eyes GIF by MOODMAN
Hello DD, you well?

You can't beat Australia Post, i live at Argyle south of Heathcote and I've received two parcels this year via Argyle in Western Australia which were sent from Melbourne. I wonder what postcodes are for?

US Postal Service no better, they sent a package of mine to a completely unknown post office (luckily in the same state, but still). I only noticed this because they're trying to blame it on a bad label, which I strongly doubt or the Colonial Beach postmaster wouldn't have immediately forwarded it 2 minutes after processing:

usps-6-sept.png

Well Sonny, once upon a time before the Sony Walkaman thingo, you had a smallish transistor that would fit in your top pocket with a discrete single earphone that plugged you into the exciting mono world of radio for your listening pleasure! ;)

Yeah, I remember Mom confiscating mine after she noticed me listening when I was supposed to be sleeping. Obviously not nice stereo music from your collection.

It's a miracle they managed to get any footy book i ordered over to Ireland so then mate.:laughv1:

In general Aus Post international to me in the US has worked out OK. Very, very slow, but OK otherwise.

The thing is I had all these brilliant stills organised to find out they were WEP format ...bummer.

There are quite a few browser extensions that will allow you to save WEBP images as JPG or whatever you want.

So Princess do you also know 'I Dream of Jeannie' just as well?

Barbara Eden was my first crush, something like age 5 or 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought this Dawn mitre/framing vice a month or so ago, cause why not/only one I've seen/ It's a Dawn.

1725649630226.png

Sidchrome had bought Dawn and Joplin vices in 1973, Joplin were making the framing /mitre vice for a while.

1725649886868.png

In 1977 Joplin was wound up and in 1978 Dawn started making a mitre/framing vice - wonder where they got the inspiration ?
1725650055515.png

The Joplin arrived yesterday, don't really need it but it's also only one I've seen, LOL just bought it for the shared history, easy to show the linage with them both. And can't really see me using or needing them - I just be preserving some Aussie manufacturing history.

You people can probably understand why I have my own thread now - I be Nuts.:cool:

Yeah, I remember Mom confiscating mine after she noticed me listening when I was supposed to be sleeping. Obviously not nice stereo music from your collection.

Pamcake1

Does anyone actually still have a working Sony Walkman?

Just dug out my D-FJ65 model and shoulder case.

Looks to be in working condition, but might need to clean up one of the battery connection points as I was silly enough to leave the batteries in it many years ago, but hardly any leakage considering how long those ell cheapo batteries had been in it.

I reckon it might be even older than some of the Old Boys.

IMG_8024.jpeg

We can open for Oassis and watch the Gallagher bros punch on.
I'll be fine opening with you, as long we don't face too many new balls.

Being an Old Boy, you should face the new balls, to wear them in, before I face them too.

And if they deploy any sneaky underarm's like there infamous alto egos (the Chappelle bros), I'll be ready for them with deployment of my extra strong Rexona.

Season 6 Bip GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Bought this Dawn mitre/framing vice a month or so ago, cause why not/only one I've seen/ It's a Dawn.

View attachment 2103379

Sidchrome had bought Dawn and Joplin vices in 1973, Joplin were making the framing /mitre vice for a while.

View attachment 2103380

In 1977 Joplin was wound up and in 1978 Dawn started making a mitre/framing vice - wonder where they got the inspiration ?
View attachment 2103381

The Joplin arrived yesterday, don't really need it but it's also only one I've seen, LOL just bought it for the shared history, easy to show the linage with them both. And can't really see me using or needing them - I just be preserving some Aussie manufacturing history.

You people can probably understand why I have my own thread now - I be Nuts.:cool:
IMG_4932.jpeg
I love when you talk about your vices..

Kate Upton Model GIF

Pamcake1

Does anyone actually still have a working Sony Walkman?

Just dug out my D-FJ65 model and shoulder case.

Looks to be in working condition, but might need to clean up one of the battery connection points as I was silly enough to leave the batteries in it many years ago, but hardly any leakage considering how long those ell cheapo batteries had been in it.

I reckon it might be even older than some of the Old Boys.

View attachment 2103387

Used to walk to school with my Walkman lol
Once there my bestie and I would have an ear piece each in at lunch break and listen to WHAM!! 😂

Good memories Pamcake1 lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back