Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 8: Fighting Furies v Roys FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

1725872672225.png

Furies last: Won 110-61 v Dragons

The Furies forced the Dragons to follow on and lose last time out. What a season ShaunDuggan has had, bowling over all of the opposition with accurate goalkicking and a fine leg. How will the Roys deal with his threat?

Roys last: Lost 91-107 v Warriors

The Roys had a final over defeat against the Warriors, but are sitting in a solid position just inside the boundary. It’s DERRINALPHIL ‘s ruck work which has been the foundation of this success, and they will be looking not to drop points against the Furies.

Prediction: Furies win by 16

The Sweet CA is starting in the summer - join up or form a team! https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...first-exhibition-match-starting-soon.1386430/

Captains, please submit your teams by by 11.59pm AWST this Thursday

omgfridge James Colorado Mobbs

View attachment 2106131

Furies last: Won 110-61 v Dragons

The Furies forced the Dragons to follow on and lose last time out. What a season ShaunDuggan has had, bowling over all of the opposition with accurate goalkicking and a fine leg. How will the Roys deal with his threat?

Roys last: Lost 91-107 v Warriors

The Roys had a final over defeat against the Warriors, but are sitting in a solid position just inside the boundary. It’s DERRINALPHIL ‘s ruck work which has been the foundation of this success, and they will be looking not to drop points against the Furies.

Prediction: Furies win by 16

The Sweet CA is starting in the summer - join up or form a team! https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...first-exhibition-match-starting-soon.1386430/

Captains, please submit your teams by by 11.59pm AWST this Thursday

omgfridge James Colorado Mobbs

One of the better OPs of the season.

It's going to be a good week.

Thanks for the compliment on my fine leg, but it's the other 2 that are doing the goal kicking.

One of the better OPs of the season.

It's going to be a good week.

Thanks for the compliment on my fine leg, but it's the other 2 that are doing the goal kicking.

You've been waving your fine leg about to clear defenders out of the F50 a fair bit this season. Hopefully a tactic the other Full Forwards in the league don't imitate.

You've been waving your fine leg about to clear defenders out of the F50 a fair bit this season. Hopefully a tactic the other Full Forwards in the league don't imitate.

It's probably the stench of it that gets rid of them.

I've done some experiments on myself.
I think I can play even better this week.

Sounds like something Rory Lobb would say.

The Addams Family Smile GIF

The Furies and the Roys each joined the Sweet FA in the same season (S03) after having already met in the Central Association just prior.

The Furies can be traced back to the Eastern Association pre-SFA, where they played against the Hornets, the Gumbies, the Pandas, the Hawks and the Jackanapes. At the same time the R.O.I. were playing against such teams as the I.O.R., Nitwick City and the Codfish in the Sweet Community League. Both competitions were small, social and haphazard, with the Eastern Association pitting teams from outer north-eastern Sweet against each other, while the SCL represented the inner-west of the municipality.

When both moved to the Central Association (for only that one season in both cases), they were exposed to the likes of Dun Lop, the Bombers, and the other Eastern Association clubs.

A season later and both had joined the Sweet FA along with the ill-fated West Coast Magic. While the WCM were to be dissolved soon after, both the Furies and the Roys have gone on to be regular participants in Sweet's premier compeition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've done some experiments on myself.
I think I can play even better this week.

Whenever I do experiments on myself I need to clean up thoroughly afterwards.

I originally read that as a horse down and it got me wondering.

White Horse Down, good movie.

However, no Channing Tatum, may have downloaded the wrong movie....

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 8: Fighting Furies v Roys FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back