Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 8: Fighting Furies v Roys FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty grounded really. When you look at the cast now, it's absolutely stacked. Some actors in it before they got big in Hollywood.
On top of Black Hawk Down, there are some pretty eye-opening docos on the events too.

You should start a thread, teaching the newbs how it's done. But hey, tHEy nEEd To hiT tHE 100 pOST maRk.

It has been a while. The sluts are on hiatus again, maybe forever, Furies don't play the Roy's enough. We are like 2 boats sailing in the night.
It's been so long since I checked in on the sluts. I'm a proper slacker.

Pretty grounded really. When you look at the cast now, it's absolutely stacked. Some actors in it before they got big in Hollywood.

A star studded list including the likes of Hartnett, Orlando Bloom, McGregor, Tom Hardy, Jude Law, Sizemore, Isaacs, Coates, Johnny Strong, Bana, Beckinsale and even Blanchett.

It’s one of my favourites

View attachment 2106131

Furies last: Won 110-61 v Dragons

The Furies forced the Dragons to follow on and lose last time out. What a season ShaunDuggan has had, bowling over all of the opposition with accurate goalkicking and a fine leg. How will the Roys deal with his threat?

Roys last: Lost 91-107 v Warriors

The Roys had a final over defeat against the Warriors, but are sitting in a solid position just inside the boundary. It’s DERRINALPHIL ‘s ruck work which has been the foundation of this success, and they will be looking not to drop points against the Furies.

Prediction: Furies win by 16

The Sweet CA is starting in the summer - join up or form a team! https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...first-exhibition-match-starting-soon.1386430/

Captains, please submit your teams by by 11.59pm AWST this Thursday

omgfridge James Colorado Mobbs
It's a sad day when a club relies on me for success. I remember running out our captain for a duck, being only slightly successful myself, then opening the bowling not getting a wicket but only dropping one catch. I remember kicking four points in a row, only two from the goal square, to lose a game by a point.

The sim has no touch with reality which rocks my boat.

Reality sucks

It's been so long since I checked in on the sluts. I'm a proper slacker.

I check in on sluts all the time but they tend to ignore me 😞

The Furies and the Roys each joined the Sweet FA in the same season (S03) after having already met in the Central Association just prior.

The Furies can be traced back to the Eastern Association pre-SFA, where they played against the Hornets, the Gumbies, the Pandas, the Hawks and the Jackanapes. At the same time the R.O.I. were playing against such teams as the I.O.R., Nitwick City and the Codfish in the Sweet Community League. Both competitions were small, social and haphazard, with the Eastern Association pitting teams from outer north-eastern Sweet against each other, while the SCL represented the inner-west of the municipality.

When both moved to the Central Association (for only that one season in both cases), they were exposed to the likes of Dun Lop, the Bombers, and the other Eastern Association clubs.

A season later and both had joined the Sweet FA along with the ill-fated West Coast Magic. While the WCM were to be dissolved soon after, both the Furies and the Roys have gone on to be regular participants in Sweet's premier compeition.
I actually wasted two minutes of my life reading that post.

Magic.

Life is meant to be wasted.

It's a sad day when a club relies on me for success. I remember running out our captain for a duck, being only slightly successful myself, then opening the bowling not getting a wicket but only dropping one catch. I remember kicking four points in a row, only two from the goal square, to lose a game by a point.

The sim has no touch with reality which rocks my boat.

Reality sucks

I was gonna say "are you me?" but then remembered "slightly successful" would be overselling myself.

I was gonna say "are you me?" but then remembered "slightly successful" would be overselling myself.
There was a famous review of a major cricket match played in the 1890's where one captain was a rich famous lord who could not play the game at all but loved the game and provided the cash for the game so was selected as captain.

The press described this performance as making one in the first innings and being only slightly less successful in the second. I have an enormous library of 1800 cricket stuff and could chase down the quote but my point is cricket the great sport has been a welcoming home for the incompetent. The bloke who plays in the fourths, never makes a run, but is a great member of the club.

I could relate some stories of Paul Sheahen being torn apart when he once said( at a cricket society meeting) that cricket is a terrible game if you are not good at it.

Quooty is not reality.

Reality

1725970449028.png

There was a famous review of a major cricket match played in the 1890's where one captain was a rich famous lord who could not play the game at all but loved the game and provided the cash for the game so was selected as captain.

The press described this performance as making one in the first innings and being only slightly less successful in the second. I have an enormous library of 1800 cricket stuff and could chase down the quote but my point is cricket the great sport has been a welcoming home for the incompetent. The bloke who plays in the fourths, never makes a run, but is a great member of the club.

I could relate some stories of Paul Sheahen being torn apart when he once said( at a cricket society meeting) that cricket is a terrible game if you are not good at it.

Quooty is not reality.

Reality

View attachment 2107051

I am atrocious at cricket, but utterly love the game (Test matches are real cricket, and T20 is backyard cricket played by those who can actually play). I wasn't great at footy, but was a ferocious tackler (best in the team despite not being a big guy) and an accurate if not long kick. Despite my spudness there was still a role for me. Cricket isn't something you can play with no talent, but you do anyway.

I just searched YT but couldn't find it, but did come across a video of an English guy bowling once at village level. Utterly terrible, made me look almost competent, but the thing is he was going through a lot of grief in his life at the time and this was how he coped. Just trundled in and did his best, who cares what anyone else thinks.

I actually wasted two minutes of my life reading that post.

Magic.

Life is meant to be wasted.
I collect all the minutes wasted on this league by its various participants in a set of small vials in my bedroom closet.
At some point I will sell them back to you all at many times their original value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I collect all the minutes wasted on this league by its various participants in a set of small vials in my bedroom closet.
At some point I will sell them back to you all at many times their original value.
1726006860750.png

Not feeling the best today emotionally. My beloved goat may not last the night urgh

He passed away yesterday. :(

Star Wars No GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 8: Fighting Furies v Roys FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back