Secrets you hide & Lies you keep up ... Advice for all

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but why should OP be the one to put himself in the firing line? That is my argument.. Essentially it is up to him but we seem so focussed on outing those who do wrong at the expense of those who might be better off not knowing - mate 2 might be crushed by this.. does he deserve to be having done nothing wrong? It's the devil's advocate position breaking the groupthink. I'm happy to see arguments come back as a result ... means I'm making you reason your point of view ;)

And he ****ing should be crushed by this. The girl he just proposed to has been ****ing one of his mates behind his back for over a year. Better to feel heartbroken for a little while than to build a marraige based on a devasting lie. He deserves better.

1. Dob in your mate. He deserves no sympathy and if can sleep with a mate's missus you shouldn't trust him as a friend. It will be worse if Mate 2 ever finds out and that you knew, friendship over. This secret will tear you up the length of their marriage.

2. Do you want to get better? Go to counselling.

3. If your girlfriend isn't bragging then there should be no problem. Be proud of her.

Can i just say, when i read the OP, i correctly estimated the exact focus this thread would take.

Yep. And this morning I correctly predicted the sun would come up. Well done.:cool:

Butterfly effect.

If Mate 2 knew 6 or 12 months ago, would he still have proposed recently? Would Mate 2 maintain his relationship with his missus, Mate 1 or OP?

Fast forward to the wedding. OP says nothing. Maybe Mate 2 lives a happy life never knowing what his missus did or continues to do behind his back. Maybe a month into the marriage he catches his missus cheating and is crushed. Maybe he finds out about Mate 1, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he finds out OP knew all along, maybe he doesn't.

The shit thing for OP is there is nothing he can do that doesn't have the potential to blow back on him. Tell Mate 2, risk ruining his happiness or the friendship. Tell the missus, risk her playing Mate 2 against him. Say nothing, risk Mate 2 finding out down the line as above.

My advice: move to Nepal and live as a goat.

Of course. Illinois Nazi's approach is the best. It's perfect.

Only problem is if he approaches her tells her he knows how likely is she to lie further to protect her secret

If she runs straight to mate 2 and tells him op tried to make a move on her, anything op says after that sounds like a lie. Depends who mate 2 is more likely to believe op or the fiance

And he ******* should be crushed by this. The girl he just proposed to has been ******* one of his mates behind his back for over a year. Better to feel heartbroken for a little while than to build a marraige based on a devasting lie. He deserves better.
I would be. But I would also want to know why OP didn't tell me sooner.
There's more complexities to this than just posthumously doing the right thing; can you not see that?
How do you know he will be heartbroken for a "little while" what happens if it crushes him for years and has trust issues for the rest of his life? Does he deserve that?

2) I saw some horrifically violent deaths when I was around 17-18, have had night terror's ever since (now 28), thought it would go away over time, they haven't. Only my missus knows about it because it's hard to ignore the fact that I wake up screaming/shaking in my sleep all that sort of stuff. She wants me to see a professional about it, I think that stuff is for weak people, and I don't want to admit that I'm mentally weak.
I hate to break it to you, but if you're being mentally affected so greatly by this after a decade and haven't been able deal with it yourself, then you aren't much different to these so called 'mentally weak' people you refer to....

1) My mate (mate 1) has been banging another mates (mate 2) missus for about a year, told me about it when he was hammered, said he kept trying to end it, but Mate 2's missus wouldn't let it end, and kept threatening to out him about it if he stopped seeing her on the sly. Mate 1 has just recently moved overseas with his missus, primarily to get away from Mate 2's missus because he couldn't stop doing it. Mate 2 proposed to his cheating dog of missus last weekend (she said yes ...) feel it is my obligation to tell Mate 2 about this, but that would directly betray Mate 1, although given his form, does he deserve any sympathy in this regard?
May I suggest a different option: now that mate 1 is gone, take your turn and bang the missus of mate 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am talking about with another guy who is not mate 1. 'She is a ****' - pretty sweeping statement.. you know what a **** is right?
Maybe not the technically correct use of the word. I don't think many people will have a problem with the use of it in this case though. She's having a long term affair before they're even married and you don't think he should warn his mate... you know what a mate is right?

OP
2. There's nothing weak about counselling.

3. I'm earning a lot less than my missus at present. It doesn't worry me in the slightest. I was earning more in a job I wasn't enjoying, have changed careers and am now earning less but happier. The money will come down the track (hopefully).

Maybe not the technically correct use of the word. I don't think many people will have a problem with the use of it in this case though. She's having a long term affair before they're even married and you don't think he should warn his mate... you know what a mate is right?
Yes which is why for a mate it is a tricky situation for some of the reasons I have already outlined in this thread.

who gives a **** about point 1 you blokes cant wait to get your dick out of your pants and play best mate of the year its a boring as batshit story go watch The Dilemma its this exact same thing except has Vince Vaughn in it whos a cool dude and has much less reading than this thread

The real gem of this thread are these voilent killings OP tell us about these killings please and get this thread back on track I want gory details let us share your horrors it might help

Is Mate 1 going to be back in town any time soon? Perhaps get Mate 1 and Mate 2 very drunk in the presence of Mrs Mate 2 and see what happens... #anarchist

Have a spit roast for tea......

Just wanted to get something off my chest.

I have been banging my mates GF behind his back for a few years. I wanted to stop but she told me that she would confess all to my mate if we did. I have had to move overseas to get away from the situation.

Now the damn fool has gone and proposed to her.

Should I say anything?

I would be. But I would also want to know why OP didn't tell me sooner.
There's more complexities to this than just posthumously doing the right thing; can you not see that?
How do you know he will be heartbroken for a "little while" what happens if it crushes him for years and has trust issues for the rest of his life? Does he deserve that?

Who cares what he deserves? His options are:

-be married to a cheating **** who doesn't respect him for the rest of his life
-be broken and have trust issues for the rest of his life

I'd much prefer option 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Secrets you hide & Lies you keep up ... Advice for all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back