Preview Semi Final - Western Bulldogs vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suckling is obviously still sore. Checked out the 'game time' stats and see he only spent 71% on the ground. Other than Lin Jong (27%), Suckling is the next lowest. Moyd (79%) and Jack Macrae (81%) are next after him. That's a huge variance. All of the guys coming back from injury were 80%+

He could be doubtful for next week.
If Suckling isn't 100% he isn't Libba so someone else should take his spot.

dont expect more than one chnage. We have no one returning from injury, and we shouldnt be trying to fix what is not broken. only jong out for me and the player that is bog in the vfl will come in

Suckling is obviously still sore. Checked out the 'game time' stats and see he only spent 71% on the ground. Other than Lin Jong (27%), Suckling is the next lowest. Moyd (79%) and Jack Macrae (81%) are next after him. That's a huge variance. All of the guys coming back from injury were 80%+

He could be doubtful for next week.

I reckon Suckling has been putrid but that game was his best in 6 weeks.

Also i think Moyd was low due to being off with bleeding nose/mouth.

Cordy is the superior athlete though and has deceptive pace for a fairly tall player. His contested marking is slightly worse but he is a better forward in just about every other aspect. Well, apart from kicking I guess. His set shots are rubbish and Campbell is a beautiful kick.

I still think Id pick Cordy just for the forward defensive pressure he applies while still being competent in the air.
Cordy should go to Gibson this week.

Just bring in whoever plays best out of Stevens Mclean Hrovat and Webb for Jong. That is all that is needed

Amazingly we could still step up a notch next week. We were down a mid rotation most game (Jong), Wood was hampered, our two biggest game breakers (Bont and Stringer) were quiet.
Yeah I definitely think we're gonna step it up. Pretty much the perfect game for us last night as we got a run into the underdone guys but it also wasn't a crazy intense finals game so they should pull up alright. Everyone was really good last night but I think that's the absolute minimum we can expect out of Macrae, Libba, Wood, Stringer and even Bont. Those guys put in a performance closer to their best and we are a much better side than we even were last night. Exciting stuff, this teams not gonna go down without a fight, we'll take it right up to whoever we play next weekend and I think the result will come down to whether we take our chances in front of goal or not.

I didn't think Suckling was that bad. He might have been told his spot is on the line if he continued to play bruise-free and I was pleased to see he was a lot more physical. However, the kicking skill is still off, pity he hit the post that time. He's a bit of a slow thinker, needs to play more instinctively, but not sure whether he can learn that.

Yep one of McLean or Hrovat I think. Have a feeling Bev really likes Williams and might want to bring him in. Probably need another mid / fwd though with the loss of Jong...

Yep one of McLean or Hrovat I think. Have a feeling Bev really likes Williams and might want to bring him in. Probably need another mid / fwd though with the loss of Jong...
It could be Williams only to give the kid the exposure to the big stage.
He will be our next Murphy once Bob retires so lets get him in there.
Plus he's a good swap for Jongs running. If we want a more physical presence, then Webb may get the nod.

Plus he's a good swap for Jongs running. If we want a more physical presence, then Webb may get the nod.

Not if he doesn't give us a better chance of winning :eek:

I don't think now is the time to be playing the kids just for experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of Suckling's defensive efforts were quite poor, that one on one with Hill was pretty pathetic. Was also disappointed as he just bombed away most kicks rather than lowering his eyes like most the team did. Still wouldn't drop him though, would rather he just play further up the ground.

At the moment Jong out either Hrovat or Stevens In. You don't change a side after a win like that unless there's injuries. Cordy didn't have the best game but kept West Coast players honest and Suckling also wasn't great but could be that little bit of difference in a close finals game

Best performed player out of Koby, Rat, McLean and Webb in the VFL. My preferences being McLean > Webb >>> Koby > Rat.

If BTC has a big game Id still like to bring him in. I understand why we probably won't do that and either way there's a roll for Cordy if he stays but I feel that the 3 big boys set up (BTC, Rough, Boyd) would be more effective if the games not played entirely on our terms like it was last night, and let's be honest it probably won't be.

But Bev can do whatever the **** he pleases as far as I'm concerned. Genius. Hell if Bev wants to drop rough and Boyd and go with Hamiliton and Dale sharing the ruck that's fine by me, whatever he says goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back