Review SEN - Mark Fine & Robert Shaw Review Sydney v Fremantle Game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good assessment. Made a very valid point about the slow cumbersome defenders. Lower is a good idea down back that I didn't even think of. Thoughts?

Lol on the injury to 'Anthony Mellington'
Lower was played in defence at Port and failed before they chopped him.

Harvey tried Lower in defence and they were the least effective of his games.

Lower's best spot is on ball . That's where he was playing in sanfl when Freo identified his talent.

Didn't mind this assessment at all. We were wayyy too tall and didn't have in-form middies and zippy defenders in the team. We suck at small defender lockdown over the last few years..we are crying out for another Shane Parker. Grover is probably the best at (but not on Rioli) small forwards Based on team prefs, would try tedi and Ibbo as a lockdown on the small forwards. Walters and Wilson-King need to be AFL ready, to counteract fast teams.

Speed in the back half was a valid point. Ibbo has some and is finding his feet after a disruped Pre-season. Stephen Hill maybe to rotate between HBF and onball. HBF was always my favorite position and Hilly played HBF/BP for West Perth before being drafted. Broughton isnt the quickest but plays the lock down role on the medium forwards quite well.

Also this week I'd drop Bradley and swap him with Silvani. Silvani is a great option on the bench, can pinch hit in ruck, forward and also play back if McPharlin/ Dawson are struggling. Another chance for Anthony but he needs to get more involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review SEN - Mark Fine & Robert Shaw Review Sydney v Fremantle Game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back