Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sin City Swamprats
1693149275373.png

Do you remember #grandfinalrematch?

Of course you do. But for those that have joined since Season 33, I'll summarise: - it was the peak of match thread posting in the history of this league. The Dragons and Furies - two clubs with next to no common ground - coming together for a rematch of the Season 32 Grand Final. But instead of the usual slew of basic qooty banter, beer chat and faux outrage, the two clubs combined to create something special as they bounced off each other during a journey to what became the longest match thread on this forum. For almost all involved (U2tigers the exception) it was one of their fondest memories in this league.

They say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. But what does it mean if the imitation is merely a pale shadow of the inspiration?

Many of you know ClarkeM, yes?

ClarkeM didn't like #grandfinalrematch.

Grand Final Rematch*

Also, what a ******* pathetic match thread. You’re all losers.

Which is makes it all the more curious as to why he wanted to replicate it last week during the Round 4 match thread between the Wonders and Demons.
My actual idea however was that we are going to break a record in this match thread. It's happening...

I can feel it in my fingers, I can feel it in my toes.

What is the record?

2nd season tings.

* it, where is serial_thrilla and his simpsons gifs. Lets hit it.

A little hypocrisy goes a long way, but never the less - off went the Wonders and Demons on their quest to climb the mountain.

I tried to warn them of the enormity of the task, but to no avail:

You plebs have neither the stamina nor the fortitude. That record will last until Headless succeeds in his quest to destroy the league. In Season 39.

How many posts do we need to make to cover the previous record? My thumbs are getting tired.

Dogs I'm impressed how well you're keeping up with Tarks these past 25 hours.
Running at a post every 6 minutes for 25 hours is impressive.

Not as impressive as Tarks one post every 5.7 minutes over the same span.

But still.

House Yes GIF

We can still catch them. I'm going to need to spend a lot of time with the Mario bot, but it's doable.

The record is ours here lads!

Yep but we need to push on and on so that we don't get too comfortable in our boots.

Bluelegs identified early on that they faced an uphill battle, but others forged on.

We'll never break the record at this rate.

So what will it take to break the previous record?

How much longer have got to get the record?

Do we need some redbulls and powerades to get us through?

About 2000 timed posts from me should do it. I might decide to spend my weekend doing just that.

It would ruin my post/like ratio, but by gods it would be a sight to behold.

So how did our Foundation Cup friends fare in their quest? Surely the might of the Wonders and Demons - two self-proclaimed heavyweights of the league - could take down a record produced by the lowly Dragons and Furies?

1693195469068.png

Oh dear.

Sadly they were never in with a chance. They kept within striking distance for the first 24 hours, but by the time Thursday rolled around they were flatlining more than the current global economy. The eventual differential of 3394 match thread posts was more than the top three contributors for #grandfinalrematch combined.

And with only 98 contributors, compared to the 123 seen in #grandfinalrematch, they couldn't even get the engagement from the wider Sweet FA community in their scheme.

Perhaps the Wonders and Demons should focus on trying to keep the "Foundation Cup" relevant, and add a bit of spark to their rivalry, instead of going on hopeless crusades whilst trying to add an element of friendship to their "fued".

But do you want to know what actually is the saddest thing about this attempt?

They didn't even beat the second longest match thread in Sweet FA history...

1693195583089.png

View attachment 1787880

Of course you do. But for those that have joined since Season 33, I'll summarise: - it was the peak of match thread posting in the history of this league. The Dragons and Furies - two clubs with next to no common ground - coming together for a rematch of the Season 32 Grand Final. But instead of the usual slew of basic qooty banter, beer chat and faux outrage, the two clubs combined to create something special as they bounced off each other during a journey to what became the longest match thread on this forum. For almost all involved (U2tigers the exception) it was one of their fondest memories in this league.

They say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. But what does it mean if the imitation is merely a pale shadow of the inspiration?

Which is makes it all the more curious as to why he wanted to replicate it last week during the Round 4 match thread between the Wonders and Demons.

A little hypocrisy goes a long way, but never the less - off went the Wonders and Demons on their quest to climb the mountain.

Bluelegs identified early on that they faced an uphill battle, but others forged on.

So how did our Foundation Cup friends fare in their quest? Surely the might of the Wonders and Demons - two self-proclaimed heavyweights of the league - could take down a record produced by the lowly Dragons and Furies?

View attachment 1788239

Oh dear.

Sadly they were never in with a chance. They kept within striking distance for the first 24 hours, but by the time Thursday rolled around they were flatlining more than the current global economy. The eventual differential of 3394 match thread posts was more than the top three contributors for #grandfinalrematch combined.

And with only 98 contributors, compared to the 123 seen in #grandfinalrematch, they couldn't even get the engagement from the wider Sweet FA community in their scheme.

Perhaps the Wonders and Demons should focus on trying to keep the "Foundation Cup" relevant, and add a bit of spark to their rivalry, instead of going on hopeless crusades whilst trying to add an element of friendship to their "fued".

View attachment 1788242
Did we really rattle this mob that much the week prior that they tried to go out of their way to break the posting record?

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

View attachment 1787880

View attachment 1788239

Oh dear.

View attachment 1788242
So what you're saying is it was the third biggest thread ever.

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV

It would appear that Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 4 - Mount Buller Demons v West Coast Wonders @ Snow Dome #BallaratBulldog500 #JT300 #Demon400 was so CERTIFIED #Kenough that it is now being recognised by Sweet FA media :laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would appear that Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 4 - Mount Buller Demons v West Coast Wonders @ Snow Dome #BallaratBulldog500 #JT300 #Demon400 was so CERTIFIED #Kenough that it is now being recognised by Sweet FA media :laughv1:
HASHTAGS ARE NOT MEANT FOR MATCH THREADS REMOVE THEM IMMEDIATELY

Kind of sad that having fun is a competition and two teams who really enjoyed themselves are now front page news because Pick and ST decided this was their set up for the week of GF Rematch.

south park GIF

View attachment 1787880

View attachment 1788239

Oh dear.

View attachment 1788242
stink-face-cringe-face-g735xk2pkhq6lk4k.gif

Hello my good friend SSwans2011 did you see a vibe check in serial_thrilla stats?

I think the most important part of the thread was missed to do a comparison of raw numbers.

What do you think?
Not at all. It seemed a rather bare bones rudimentary analysis from our good friend serial_thrilla that ignores such important factors as aura, atmosphere, ambiance, and emoji use. :cautiousv1:

All that considered, nothing even touches Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 4 - Mount Buller Demons v West Coast Wonders @ Snow Dome #BallaratBulldog500 #JT300 #Demon400 CERTIFIED #Kenough
Did we really rattle this mob that much the week prior that they tried to go out of their way to break the posting record?

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock
We know how you really feel Tenz :gigglev1:
I had too much fun with you Wonders last week.

These little bitch ass rats don't compare.
Not only does this show a special affinity for the Wonders, you went as far as to call your Dragon teammates "bitch ass rats" :eekv1:

Not at all. It seemed a rather bare bones rudimentary analysis from our good friend serial_thrilla that ignores such important factors as aura, atmosphere, ambiance, and emoji use. :cautiousv1:

All that considered, nothing even touches Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 4 - Mount Buller Demons v West Coast Wonders @ Snow Dome #BallaratBulldog500 #JT300 #Demon400 CERTIFIED #Kenough

We know how you really feel Tenz :gigglev1:

Not only does this show a special affinity for the Wonders, you went as far as to call your Dragon teammates "bitch ass rats" :eekv1:
Foundation Cup jealousy shows up in the strangest ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Serial Stats: The Wonders & Demons, and a Failed Attempt At Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back