Series Thread - South Africa vs India

Remove this Banner Ad

They're gonna be playing the T20 in this stadium.

Great looking stadium and would look great for cricket.

800px-FIFA_World_Cup_2010_Germany_Australia.jpg

126838.jpg

Well CSA just announced that the India v SA Test series is now going to become a Icon series which means that 4 - 5 test matches in each country from now on. Which is great news for all, after the quality of cricket in this last series it's great news.

Is there a link to this Alpha1? Whilst I am not doubting you I would be interested in reading more about it.

South Africa are looking very good for the world cup imo. The tactics they used in the first ODI were perfect and something I wish sides did more often. They took the powerplay during overs 28-32 after de Villiers and Duminy had accumulated singles and each gotten to around 30 not out. Then during the powerplay they played normal, good cricket shots and still scored at around 10 rpo. Perfect use of the powerplay.

When SA get Kallis back they will be extremely hard to beat even in Indian conditions.

Smith
Amla
Kallis
de Villiers
Duminy
Ingram
Miller
Botha
Steyn
Morkel
Tsotsobe

12th man: Parnell

That's going to be very hard to beat at the World Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol what a game, how did India manage to win that one? Geez the SA commentators are the most biased, they take the cake. If there was a gold medal for biased commentating then it has to go to SA.

Amazing match, these two teams seem to like having great games against each other, a new world rivalry. Can't believe SA lost that one, they were cruising lol.

And Tendulkar is going back home as well, the whole Indian top order is out injured, hopefully Tendulkar's injury is not serious.

when i lived in england i ended up supporting for the team playing against england, and they were two teams i really dont care about: in the form of the west indies and india.

i can envision myself as someone who would support the team playing against south africa (even if it was bangladesh or zimbabwe) if i ever go to that place :p

End of over 32 (7 runs) South Africa 152/4 (39 runs required from 18 overs, RR: 4.75, RRR: 2.16)

I still can't believe SA managed to stuff this up, like I said they should have won with their eyes closed.

Few times things like this have happened.

Once the Windies were chasing around 220(could be way off, can't remember) and were 1/170. They lost something like 9/30 to lose.

Another game was Gilly's final game in Melbourne. We were 1/115 chasing 215. Hilly went out for 83 from 59 balls and we lost 5/6 and ended up losing by 6 or so runs.

Ahh South Africa perfect one day.....choke the next.

But seriously how the hell did they not manage to win? I missed the game and can someone explain what happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

Series Thread - South Africa vs India

Remove this Banner Ad

Back