Seriously where are we at?

Remove this Banner Ad

mate think your wrong, geartner, mc grath,cahill,lynch, miles, smith, walsh and simpkin. the problem is they don't get a run. look when stanley got a game along side roo,kozi etc. we carn't expect to blood as the main target.

i hope you're right. fact is though a lot of the players you mentioned are in their second season and still can't find any consistency in the magoo's. smith, lynch and geartner impressed in the nab cup so hopefully they can build on that form.

Nah - Just wondering who you would trade for first round draft picks. To get a first rounder you'd have to go DalSanto, or Gilbert or such, maybe you could swing a good deal for Kosi.

Don't mind playing the kids. Steven and Heyne have played already. Geary has played all year. But I don't think its a good idea to fill the team with them unless you wanto instill the values of a good thrashing.

i'm happy that we've got some games into geary and eddy but i still think we've been ultra conservative when playing kids. there's some senior players on our list that are looking a little comfortable with not having any threat of being dropped. you look at the cats, they've managed to blood a lot more kids than we have (given that we had a great run of injuries last yr and form).

as far as trade bait. i don't think i'll make many friends if i start naming potential trade bait candidates. pretty sure we can all think of some or are you not open to that idea? anyway, that's for discussion at the end of the year. i'm just sick of ross bringing in so many delisted/unwanted players instead of kids/mature age recruits (and thats not being reactive after this week. i had concerns especially with the group we brought in at the end of last season). walsh looks likely though.

i hope you're right. fact is though a lot of the players you mentioned are in their second season and still can't find any consistency in the magoo's. smith, lynch and geartner impressed in the nab cup so hopefully they can build on that form.

i'm happy that we've got some games into geary and eddy but i still think we've been ultra conservative when playing kids. there's some senior players on our list that are looking a little comfortable with not having any threat of being dropped. you look at the cats, they've managed to blood a lot more kids than we have (given that we had a great run of injuries last yr and form).

as far as trade bait. i don't think i'll make many friends if i start naming potential trade bait candidates. pretty sure we can all think of some or are you not open to that idea? anyway, that's for discussion at the end of the year. i'm just sick of ross bringing in so many delisted/unwanted players instead of kids/mature age recruits (and thats not being reactive after this week. i had concerns especially with the group we brought in at the end of last season). walsh looks likely though.

I can't think of too many who would be worth a first round pick.
Kosi if we were lucky. DalSanto? Jones?
Personally I wouldn't want to trade those guys.

where are we at...... we have lost what 3 games and people are talking trade bait.....

we are at over reactions, fuelled by an unforgiving media (HUN i hate you from the thousands of km away i am here in europe), we are at three games lost after losing our best player and inspirational captain.

read again, OUR BEST PLAYER IS OUT. i get that people are p!ssed off but the reactions to a few losses are a bit OTT.
no one won a premiership in may.

for all our wins last year in the regular season, that counted for squat in the GF didnt it. id prefer teething problems now, rather than in a few months.

those are my thoughts anyways.

I think we are pushing towards the end of a form slump, Roo's absence has just highlighted it.

I saw effort and intensity return on the weekend, I'd back in the players if I was Ross.

Win this week, and we have won/lost equal amount of game with Roo and without him. Had you told me this the day after he went down with his injury, I would take that in a heartbeat.

WCE at Subi is very winnable if we bring the intensity shown on the weekend, just need a little more composure in front of goals.

I agree and so does Ross.

http://www.saints.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/94399/default.aspx

“Rhys had three possessions the week before and I hear all the jungle drums about bringing him in but I’m not going to pick too many young players on three possessions. Although in saying that his weekend was better but ultimately we thought McEvoy, and Gardiner I thought worked well. Koschitzke, McEvoy and Gardiner through the ruck and Sam Fisher.”

My opinion is if Sam can play as a forward, try like mad to keep him there and get some consistancy into the squad. We will be weaker in the backline, but hey we lost Nick Riewoldt we are going to be weaker somewhere. I'ts up to the Raph Clarkes and James Gwilts of this world to prove their worth.

I agree and so does Ross.

http://www.saints.com.au/season2010/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/94399/default.aspx

“Rhys had three possessions the week before and I hear all the jungle drums about bringing him in but I’m not going to pick too many young players on three possessions. Although in saying that his weekend was better but ultimately we thought McEvoy, and Gardiner I thought worked well. Koschitzke, McEvoy and Gardiner through the ruck and Sam Fisher.”

My opinion is if Sam can play as a forward, try like mad to keep him there and get some consistancy into the squad. We will be weaker in the backline, but hey we lost Nick Riewoldt we are going to be weaker somewhere. I'ts up to the Raph Clarkes and James Gwilts of this world to prove their worth.

if fish had of kicked straight things would be very different, he just needs afew games to work out the the hardest postion on the ground. maybe bring in a defender to cover him.

I tend to agree, he put himself in a position to kick at least 5 goals, it will come.

I was big on Goddard for CHF, but I like the idea of him playing in the midfield and pushing forward as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously where are we at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back