SFL 2010 Division 1 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I give a toss about your comments champ!

I actually agree with your sentiments you have posted on this topic. People must be pretty thin skinned to take it to this extent.

No doubt it creates some questions, it would be naive to think everyone has thick skin, personally i wouldnt worry, but its a clear warning dont get personal.

Its an interesting one when legalities come into it, i think its all about tolerance levels and what people perceive to be personal.

I believe there is a clear message to use the forum for footy gossip and leave your personal thoughts on people out of it.

It only takes someone to have a bad day and..........

Also, you have to question whether to take people seriously who are serial abusers on these forums, many of them wouldnt say the same things in a face to face conversation .

Cyber defamers are starting to learn they cannot hide behind a keyboard or computer monitor when targeting people online.

Legal counsel Martin Bennett won a case for a Perth client who had his reputation attacked online by a Colac man late last year.

His client won $30,000 in damages and costs, as well as an apology and a guarantee no more defaming comments would be posted.

Like I give a toss about your comments champ!

I actually agree with your sentiments you have posted on this topic. People must be pretty thin skinned to take it to this extent.

FWIW I agree, but that said, this ^ used to be our stance on racial vilification/sexist comments/initiation rituals etc. You'd be suprised how much empathy courts have for 'victims' of this type of thing these days.

FWIW I agree, but that said, this ^ used to be our stance on racial vilification/sexist comments/initiation rituals etc. You'd be suprised how much empathy courts have for 'victims' of this type of thing these days.

Exactly, plus the recent bullying that ended in tragedy, anyway what the future holds with this sort of thing.......

But where there is smoke there is fire and everyone who posts is responsible for there statements and dont be fooled you can be found or identified if the authorities want to find you!!!!!!!!

On a lighter note, any news on Praccy match results? MPNFL forum suggested Seaford def Chelt by 6-7 goals, St Pauls v Chelsea close, and Chelsea Heights v Bonbeach close.

SFL site says Mordi played Beaumaris & Springy played Sth Melb Dist.

Any other games on?

On a lighter note, any news on Praccy match results? MPNFL forum suggested Seaford def Chelt by 6-7 goals, St Pauls v Chelsea close, and Chelsea Heights v Bonbeach close.

SFL site says Mordi played Beaumaris & Springy played Sth Melb Dist.

Any other games on?

Only have it second hand but I believe Springy thumped Sth Melb. Hard to tell obviously from a praccy match but they may be in better shape than they have been given credit for.

Good news for the Division and for Einsedel as a first year coach. It seems evident that the top teams are mixing it with the MPNFL sides so the comp needs teams like Springy and Tooronga to push up the overall standard of play.

Yeah if u patting yourself on the back in march for beating one of the lowest standing amatuer Footy teams in town it's gonna becalong year hang on it is springvale districts well done boys:thumbsu:

Yeah if u patting yourself on the back in march for beating one of the lowest standing amatuer Footy teams in town it's gonna becalong year hang on it is springvale districts well done boys:thumbsu:

Yeah good points didn't realise they were that far down. Although if Beaumaris has beaten Mordi (I think they are C Grade?), that is a worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure RotP. We played Beauy a few years back when they were in B Grade and we were a Div 1 struggler and we beat them by 5 or so goals.

I honestly don't think u can take much from practice matches other than structures and a bit of match practice etc. The score doesn't mean much to me.....unless u get beat by 30+ goals!

The Chelt/Seaford game is a prime example. The scoreboard said a 13 goal loss but they kicked 9-0 in the last 1/4 when we played with 17 and they had 8 on the bench....

Im sure both clubs were very happy with the hitout and what they got from the game.

They sound quietly confident of a rise up the ladder down at Hurlingham. Haven't made much noise tough. Same as TM, you never know what to expect until Rd1.

Went to the SFL sponsor night last night at the sandown greyhound track (shame there wasn't any dish lickers running around)...............the ceo/president, whatever he is called mentioned that this year the SFL has gained something like 118? additional players to its playing numbers last year. Could have been 180 odd but can't remember the figure.

Apparently its the largest increase out of all the other leagues this year?!

If so, positive signs for the SFL.

On another note, the president from the Springy Netball Assc has invited each club to try and field a female netball team with the only club showing any interest being Cheltenham, whose players have asked if they can play that instead.............;)

Boom boom tish! Nice one Cousin Tiger!

On a serious note, I think that linking with a netball club or fielding your own side can only benefit your footy club.

Look at the country clubs and they all mostly field netball teams and it creates great continuity and atmosphere around the club.

Agree 100% it's a good idea. The only negative i can draw from it is the fact that the girls/women would be dragged away from the football. FOr some, they won't mind but for those that want to watch their boyfriends/husbands etc in the reserves or seniors they won't be able to?

If they played say in the morning, then that would be much more logical as they could play and then come support the guys in the afternoon. In return, if they are lucky, the guys will watch a couple of games a season in the morning.

Went to the SFL sponsor night last night at the sandown greyhound track (shame there wasn't any dish lickers running around)...............the ceo/president, whatever he is called mentioned that this year the SFL has gained something like 118? additional players to its playing numbers last year. Could have been 180 odd but can't remember the figure.

Apparently its the largest increase out of all the other leagues this year?!

If so, positive signs for the SFL.

On another note, the president from the Springy Netball Assc has invited each club to try and field a female netball team with the only club showing any interest being Cheltenham, whose players have asked if they can play that instead.............;)

I thinks its about 240 players in and approx 110 out. Good signs for the league when you add the numbers running around in the Colts and Thirds comp this year:thumbsu:

Agree 100% it's a good idea. The only negative i can draw from it is the fact that the girls/women would be dragged away from the football. FOr some, they won't mind but for those that want to watch their boyfriends/husbands etc in the reserves or seniors they won't be able to?

If they played say in the morning, then that would be much more logical as they could play and then come support the guys in the afternoon. In return, if they are lucky, the guys will watch a couple of games a season in the morning.

Could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure it's actually a Thursday night comp for that reason.

Could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure it's actually a Thursday night comp for that reason.

Yeah you are wrong.

They have a summer competition which is just finishing up that is on the Thursday night.

The winter comp which will be during football season is on saturdays with games starting at 12:15 and a possible second round after that if required.

Hey backtoback08 whats the story with Nathan Harris and Mick Stinear leaving the club?
Two rather large losses it seems. Harris proved to be a very good player last year and Stinear was Ass. coach was he not?
do you want a fiction or non-fiction story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back