SFL 2010 Division 1 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey backtoback08 whats the story with Nathan Harris and Mick Stinear leaving the club?
Two rather large losses it seems. Harris proved to be a very good player last year and Stinear was Ass. coach was he not?

I believe both are going to play with De La Salle in the Amateurs.. both are De La Old Boys...

Not according to the clearances.....

St Kilda City Sunraysia Football League Tasiyan, Mark Approved 26/03/10 26/03/10

Mark will be up in Mildura over easter with family and its a big occasion for Red Cliffs ( WHERE HE PLAYED I THINK 4 SEASONS) , so due to our restricted match practice we decided as a club to allow him to get the run under his belt.

Thanks for your interest, you dont miss much, by the way anyone who thinks VAFA is an amatuer competition think again!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark will be up in Mildura over easter with family and its a big occasion for Red Cliffs ( WHERE HE PLAYED I THINK 4 SEASONS) , so due to our restricted match practice we decided as a club to allow him to get the run under his belt.

Thanks for your interest, you dont miss much, by the way anyone who thinks VAFA is an amatuer competition think again!!!!!!!!!!!

Tas may catch up with his mate Sonny and never be seen again.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shepp Swans.....the club Adem Yze is assistant coaching.

Mimo has been cleared to Shepp Swans , the club has no issues with Mim going and it has been transparent all along, in fact he played in our twos praccy game on Saturday and we wish both him and Dave good luck.
The fact is we have 4 /5 talls who play in the positions that mim plays
his best footy and Shepp Swans have a plenty of talent but lack a ruckman . Also when players like Mim and Dave Sheehan get offered 3 to 4 times the amount of money they are currently receiving it is a big opportunity.
The positive is we get to play a couple of younger players and develop our youth, if that comes at the price of success, thats the price we are prepared to pay.
From our Grand Final team we have lost 4 to country clubs, 2 to ammos,2 retired,its just a sign of the times when you have a talented team, clubs zero in and pick the eyes out of it, and contrary to popular belief we dont have the finances to fight these clubs off or get into bidding wars.

Shepp swans have recruited Nathan Brown,Adem Yze,Russel Robertson,(all ex Melbourne),plus Daimien Yze and another Yze
Atilla Yaman(Balwyn/Collingwood twos), Luke Djdoro(southport /Sydney) & Mimo - it seems they are having crack , i think they finished 7th or 8th last year!, they are coached by the guy whos kicked 2500 goals up there Perry Meka(played in the whittens legend game a few years back)

Extremely hard to tell where most clubs are at until season proper starts up but I figure I'd try and have a crack at round 1

Round 1

9/04/2010 7:45 pm Springvale VFA Springvale Districts v Dingley
With springys departures I think Dingley should get over the line, seems to have a better
list IMO although I do think fitness will be the key

10/04/2010 2:00 pm Hurlingham East Brightonv Tooronga Malvern

Really don't know where either club is at but you can never keep EB down for too long

10/04/2010 2:00 pm Ross Street Heatherton v Chelsea Heights
Chelsea to flex their muscles with their new recruits....expect a big win

10/04/2010 2:00 pm Ben Kavanagh Mordialloc v Cheltenham
Highly underrated I believe, extremely hard to beat at home and with some good recruits will hold the club in good stead this year.

10/04/2010 2:00 pm Peanut Farm St Kilda City v St Pauls East Bentleigh
Will be a great contest as it normally is.....expect it to be very close but I've gone with StP by a nose.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think
Vs Chelsea = goal or so either way
Vs Newtown = lost by 30 points? Severely under manned

Cat hasn't got my tongue, i was banned for a little while after laying down some abuse on the Collingwood board about how much of a girls blouse Travis Cloke is............

Correct for both matches Turn n Burn, the first game against Chelsea was a good hitout, both sides were very even, however we did require about 4 - 5 of the reserves players to fill in for the senior side due to resting players & work commitments.

For the Newtown game, we had a lot of players who were working or had other commitments, plus a fair few senior players that were a bit sore from the previous week not playing, so in total about 11 players from the reserves had to fill in for the seniors at some stage.

In saying that, the team player pretty well, and although we lost by 30 points, with a full strength team in, would have easily accounted for Newtown.

Tough break. As a Pie fan, there is definite merit in your point!!

Interesting ponts on Newtown. The Geelong League seems to rate themselves pretty highly so its good to get an idea of the level of competition.

Tough break. As a Pie fan, there is definite merit in your point!!

Interesting ponts on Newtown. The Geelong League seems to rate themselves pretty highly so its good to get an idea of the level of competition.

From what they told me, Newtown finished 5th last year. Wouldn't make finals in the SFL in my opinion either.

From what they told me, Newtown finished 5th last year. Wouldn't make finals in the SFL in my opinion either.
CT I wouldn't get carried away with judging Newtown..... Its very unlikely any team has a full list in a praccy. They still won by 5 odd goals and whose to say they weren't missing just as many as StP?

Anyway bring on round 1!!!

Mimo has been cleared to Shepp Swans , the club has no issues with Mim going and it has been transparent all along, in fact he played in our twos praccy game on Saturday and we wish both him and Dave good luck.
The fact is we have 4 /5 talls who play in the positions that mim plays
his best footy and Shepp Swans have a plenty of talent but lack a ruckman . Also when players like Mim and Dave Sheehan get offered 3 to 4 times the amount of money they are currently receiving it is a big opportunity.
The positive is we get to play a couple of younger players and develop our youth, if that comes at the price of success, thats the price we are prepared to pay.
From our Grand Final team we have lost 4 to country clubs, 2 to ammos,2 retired,its just a sign of the times when you have a talented team, clubs zero in and pick the eyes out of it, and contrary to popular belief we dont have the finances to fight these clubs off or get into bidding wars.

Shepp swans have recruited Nathan Brown,Adem Yze,Russel Robertson,(all ex Melbourne),plus Daimien Yze and another Yze
Atilla Yaman(Balwyn/Collingwood twos), Luke Djdoro(southport /Sydney) & Mimo - it seems they are having crack , i think they finished 7th or 8th last year!, they are coached by the guy whos kicked 2500 goals up there Perry Meka(played in the whittens legend game a few years back)

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha, have you been drinking mate, hahahahahahaahahahaha. you're club is known by everyone to be...... ahh stuff it, everyone knows what your club is about. hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha, have you been drinking mate, hahahahahahaahahahaha. you're club is known by everyone to be...... ahh stuff it, everyone knows what your club is about. hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

Is that right mate? if you were at our game you would have noticed 4 of last years U18's team in the seniors and I think 8 in the twos, if you want some insight into round one , at this stage we will have possibly 5 of last years juniors in the 21 including an U17!!!

We are hopeful of gaining possibly one of two of our juniors who are playing at Williamstown at the moment as well!

Look forward to your next criticism Mike Sheahan!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back