Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips...

Chelt by 15 goals ;) ha!
Tooronga by 3 goals
St Pauls by 8 goals
Chelsea Heights by 7 goals
Springvale by 5 points.

b2b, it didn't take long to get Nathan Carroll in the lineup, i see he is picked to play this week!

whats the point? he trained last night is in melbourne for the next fortnight and is available to play the next 2 or 3 weeks!

Sholud he not play?

No real point mate, just some clubs would make a bloke play a game in the reserves, no matter who they are. Sends the message to the players that are already there that no one gets special consideration.

Its good to have players such as him in the league. The more ex-AFL the better.

No real point mate, just some clubs would make a bloke play a game in the reserves, no matter who they are. Sends the message to the players that are already there that no one gets special consideration.

I agree some clubs would make certain players play a game in the scoobies but I think the majority wouldn't bother, especially if it was a big recruit.. would your coach? don't think mine would!!

carlton should have rolled judd out at kramer street then

Bit different RRM. Judd did the entire pre season with Carlton as he was recruited in October of the previous year. Thats not what occurs in local footy. If such a player did the hard yards pre season with the group then yeah, they play Round 1 in the seniors, but if they don't and all of a sudden turn up a few weeks in, then IMO they have to come through the reserves. It sends the right message to the rest of the playing group. If the player refuses, then they aren't someone that I'd want at my club, no matter their ability.

JMHO.

Bit different RRM. Judd did the entire pre season with Carlton as he was recruited in October of the previous year. Thats not what occurs in local footy. If such a player did the hard yards pre season with the group then yeah, they play Round 1 in the seniors, but if they don't and all of a sudden turn up a few weeks in, then IMO they have to come through the reserves. It sends the right message to the rest of the playing group. If the player refuses, then they aren't someone that I'd want at my club, no matter their ability.

JMHO.
bit hard to do the pre season when you're in perth..... if that's the way cheltnham go about it good luck hope it works for you.... if anyone thought at this level a guy with carrolls football resume needs to have a game in the 2's just to prove point to the rest of the club was a good move i'd be surprised

Saw Chelsea Heights on the weekend. Would be surprised if they lost a game. Very good side. Having said that St Pauls were extremely impressive on Sunday.

Might have to take this back....

Nothing to do with Chelsea Heights, who won easily again today over a finals aspirant but what I saw at JBO was nothing short of class. Fair to say there aren't too many local/country teams that would have beaten City today, and that includes Vermont, Balwyn, Albury.
Super side St Kilda City, and they had 4-5 out too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might have to take this back....

Nothing to do with Chelsea Heights, who won easily again today over a finals aspirant but what I saw at JBO was nothing short of class. Fair to say there aren't too many local/country teams that would have beaten City today, and that includes Vermont, Balwyn, Albury.
Super side St Kilda City, and they had 4-5 out too!

Our younger players are performing very well, probably added a bit run and enthusiasm

Must be stoked b2b if the kids are playing well, if you have them playing most of the year and win another flag alot of people might back off the bagging of you guys... but maybe not!!

I know exactly where our league stands in the pecking order snowman, but it is nowhere as bad as you are suggesting.

Now I'm not saying City would beat Vermont etc every week, but they would have given them a fair run for their money on Saturday. Anyone at the game would tell you that they were just on another level, especially in the first half.

BTW, did I read correctly that Dingley lost to Tooronga Malvern for the third time in two years??? Hmmm ;) I'd suggest you keep your mouth shut until you have something to back it up with!

I know exactly where our league stands in the pecking order snowman, but it is nowhere as bad as you are suggesting.

Now I'm not saying City would beat Vermont etc every week, but they would have given them a fair run for their money on Saturday. Anyone at the game would tell you that they were just on another level, especially in the first half.

BTW, did I read correctly that Dingley lost to Tooronga Malvern for the third time in two years??? Hmmm ;) I'd suggest you keep your mouth shut until you have something to back it up with!

I doubt the snowman is from Dingley, no way would anyone be running their mouths off after a very disappointing display of footy that we played on saturday.

Must be stoked b2b if the kids are playing well, if you have them playing most of the year and win another flag alot of people might back off the bagging of you guys... but maybe not!!

Doubt it, its fashionable to hate stkilda city, most people that do make there judgements from afar and we cant please everyone.

As far as our young players go we had a 16, 17 , 3 x 18, 19 and a 20 yo in the seniors on Saturday and all of them were handy, we are going to need 3 or 4 of them to stand up and become a part of the team all year.

B2B..

Any truth in the rumour that the great Matthew Richardson could make a 4 game cameo appearance down at the farm..?

Absolutely no chance of playing with St.Kilda City, it is a rumor that has been on going since November last year, to my knowledge not one person of any official capacity has even spoken to Richo, he knows a few of the players on a social basis thats about it.

Id suggest with his media commitments he would not risk playing any level of football anywhere , even a recent as Monday I received a phone call from another club official telling me he was playing at St.Kilda City, whoever is fuelling the rumors is doing a good job!

I doubt the snowman is from Dingley, no way would anyone be running their mouths off after a very disappointing display of footy that we played on saturday.

Very strong rumor going around that the snowman has let his identity slip whilst drunk and the word around the traps he is actually a dingley player!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back