Frankencow

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Kensington
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
South Yarra
Anyone play reserves and have comments? We're obviously 0-2 after getting done by Dandy and then the Cobras yesterday.

Dandy played pretty well, had a good ruckman who was a Jim Stynes lookalike (I think he had the number 11 on too) and a pretty big unit up at Full Forward who got a lot of it but let himself down with his goalkicking. Quite a few blokes for us had never played before, or not for a while.

Cobras scored 10 goals to none in the first half, though we outscored them 8 to 6 in the second. Some guy got red carded for headbutting Spotty after about 5 minutes. Long way to drive to play five minutes of footy for him I reckon. Mick Rossburgh played loose in defence and got plenty of it in the first half and negating all of our inside 50s. They had a few good Asian blokes, and a bloodnut named Luke, think he was number 14, played alright in the middle.

Anyone played against Doveton's Ressies? We have them next week.

Anyone play reserves and have comments? We're obviously 0-2 after getting done by Dandy and then the Cobras yesterday.

Dandy played pretty well, had a good ruckman who was a Jim Stynes lookalike (I think he had the number 11 on too) and a pretty big unit up at Full Forward who got a lot of it but let himself down with his goalkicking. Quite a few blokes for us had never played before, or not for a while.

Cobras scored 10 goals to none in the first half, though we outscored them 8 to 6 in the second. Some guy got red carded for headbutting Spotty after about 5 minutes. Long way to drive to play five minutes of footy for him I reckon. Mick Rossburgh played loose in defence and got plenty of it in the first half and negating all of our inside 50s. They had a few good Asian blokes, and a bloodnut named Luke, think he was number 14, played alright in the middle.

Gee didnt Cobras goal kicking machine go quiet after a big burly bloke dropped back onto him think he only kicked one goal from a free kick after that gotta hate playing full back!

Gee didnt Cobras goal kicking machine go quiet after a big burly bloke dropped back onto him think he only kicked one goal from a free kick after that gotta hate playing full back!
Then the worst thing you could have done is actually play well there, lol, now you'll be stuck there.

Anyone played against Doveton's Ressies? We have them next week.[/quote]

dandy always perform in the 2's! may have to whatch out for a bloke named steve tobin in the 2's this week. may be a chance of kicking a couple if he doesn't spend too much time on the pine!!!:D :D :D :D

dandy always perform in the 2's! may have to whatch out for a bloke named steve tobin in the 2's this week. may be a chance of kicking a couple if he doesn't spend too much time on the pine!!!:D :D :D :D[/quote]

This is not the ex senior coach? I will not look forward trying to control him:mad:

This is not the ex senior coach? I will not look forward trying to control him:mad:[/quote]

thats him! don't rate yourself? what number are you, i'll say g'day after i finish feeding tobes all day!:D :D :D :D

You play in the middle blac? You might be able to give me a towelling if they ever put me there again after last week's game. :thumbsu:

Not sure about numbers, we haven't got our proper jumpers yet. They're due this week though. We've been using another set and it's just whoever gets as far as numbers go, with the team sheet amended after the game.

This is not the ex senior coach? I will not look forward trying to control him:mad:

thats him! don't rate yourself? what number are you, i'll say g'day after i finish feeding tobes all day!:D :D :D :D[/quote]

Oh i think i can handle old Tobes, if you played in 2004 you will know who i am as i played a few games with you guys before bailing to north kew. :D

Oh i think i can handle old Tobes, if you played in 2004 you will know who i am as i played a few games with you guys before bailing to north kew. :D[/quote]

i'll let him know!! only started in 2005, so i won't know you, will ask about after the game though!:thumbsu:

You play in the middle blac? You might be able to give me a towelling if they ever put me there again after last week's game. :thumbsu:

Not sure about numbers, we haven't got our proper jumpers yet. They're due this week though. We've been using another set and it's just whoever gets as far as numbers go, with the team sheet amended after the game.

don't worry about the numbers then, just run around all day making a moo sound!:thumbsu: :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry Slim, we still love you. Even more now that you've crossed the tracks from 8 Mile to the upperclass settings of South Yarra :D

good work boys i love this div 3 reserve page all these SY footy newbies anyone heard from the dutchman at all, brady must be busy at work and couldnt make any entrys. I heard of tobin not a bad player if i remember correctly. Maybe that big burly full back can do it again against his old team:D

Young bloodnut Luke is Luke Rossborough, son of Mick.

good work boys i love this div 3 reserve page all these SY footy newbies anyone heard from the dutchman at all, brady must be busy at work and couldnt make any entrys. I heard of tobin not a bad player if i remember correctly. Maybe that big burly full back can do it again against his old team:D

Yeah tobes was a goal kicking machine a couple of years ago hopefully he has slowed down in old age and someone else can take and leave me free to run and set up play from half back (wishful thinking on my behalf) :confused:

Yeah tobes was a goal kicking machine a couple of years ago hopefully he has slowed down in old age and someone else can take and leave me free to run and set up play from half back (wishful thinking on my behalf) :confused:
The dutchman is lurking in every corner boys beware he hears everything you say, he knows what you ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner (Mouse's Hotdogs and soup):D Vulture, frankencow i know where you live!!!!! Those gold boots belong in the bin:p with your haircut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back