SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 2 1st semi
E Malv 5.8-38
Hampton Park 3.13-31

Wind favouring southern end but HP didn’t utilise it in the 1st kicking 2.7 to 1.1. EM didn’t do much better in the 2nd and it was EM 3.1 to 2.8 at half time. Very scrappy affair.
HP attacked in the 3rd but struggled to penetrate the determined EM defence, and also missed a few crucial opportunities. Late in the quarter, EM managed a handy goal into the wind & it was EM 4.1 to HP 3.12 at 3/4 time. The wind actually got stronger but EM had the same issues around goal. They managed 3 points early, then a mark to Isaac Morrisby next to the point post gave another opportunity & he snapped truly to give EM the lead. They kept attacking but couldn’t nail the sealer, 4 more points put them up by 8.
Time was getting away then HP started to rough up their EM opponents and there were several spot fires on attacking 50 for HP resulting in 2 yellow cards. It looked like a desperate attempt by HP to suck in EM players. One player leaving the field approached some EM fans & it boiled over into the crowd.
A disgraceful finish to the game brought on by Hampton Park and knowing their history it’s no surprise. All would be captured on video so tribunal will be interesting this week.

Div 2 1st semi
E Malv 5.8-38
Hampton Park 3.13-31

Wind favouring southern end but HP didn’t utilise it in the 1st kicking 2.7 to 1.1. EM didn’t do much better in the 2nd and it was EM 3.1 to 2.8 at half time. Very scrappy affair.
HP attacked in the 3rd but struggled to penetrate the determined EM defence, and also missed a few crucial opportunities. Late in the quarter, EM managed a handy goal into the wind & it was EM 4.1 to HP 3.12 at 3/4 time. The wind actually got stronger but EM had the same issues around goal. They managed 3 points early, then a mark to Isaac Morrisby next to the point post gave another opportunity & he snapped truly to give EM the lead. They kept attacking but couldn’t nail the sealer, 4 more points put them up by 8.
Time was getting away then HP started to rough up their EM opponents and there were several spot fires on attacking 50 for HP resulting in 2 yellow cards. It looked like a desperate attempt by HP to suck in EM players. One player leaving the field approached some EM fans & it boiled over into the crowd.
A disgraceful finish to the game brought on by Hampton Park and knowing their history it’s no surprise. All would be captured on video so tribunal will be interesting this week. Tell us more about there history I am intrigued

Div 2 1st semi
E Malv 5.8-38
Hampton Park 3.13-31

A disgraceful finish to the game brought on by Hampton Park and knowing their history it’s no surprise. All would be captured on video so tribunal will be interesting this week.

Disgraceful, trouble for #42 , #38 and #1 for striking a spectator. The most ugly thing I have ever seen on a footy field. How any Hampton park committee member can go and defend them on Wednesday night is beyond me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Disgraceful, trouble for #42 , #38 and #1 for striking a spectator. The most ugly thing I have ever seen on a footy field. How any Hampton park committee member can go and defend them on Wednesday night is beyond me. I saw new coach Bull leaving the game shaking his head, wouldn’t be suprised if that plan has been canned.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
New coach has his own history, good fit for HP

Div 2 1st semi
E Malv 5.8-38
Hampton Park 3.13-31

as an outsider mate it was a bit both ways, i don't condone what happened on the ground but some of the EM boys might be sharing a seat next to the HP guys wednesday night (specially number 4 from EM), also the EM guy hanging over the fence telling HP number 1 he was going to punch his head in was no angel either.
from neither club just a onlooker but always 2 sides to a story.

as an outsider mate it was a bit both ways, i don't condone what happened on the ground but some of the EM boys might be sharing a seat next to the HP guys wednesday night (specially number 4 from EM), also the EM guy hanging over the fence telling HP number 1 he was going to punch his head in was no angel either.
I thought EM players handled the situation very well, players dragging each other out of it ect. Can you time stamp, the #4 incident, and what happens? other then when #38HP comes running in full pelt and hip and shoulders his head.

On the EM supporter that was struck by #1HP, i was over the other side and wasnt sure what he said, but you cant comment on the hackle, both sides every game on the calender it happens, let alone the threats from both HP supports and players, it makes local footy , local footy.

Hampton park are in for a long week, would not want to be there president or a committee member, same goes for EM.

Last edited:
I thought EM players handled the situation very well, players dragging each other out of it ect. Can you time stamp, the #4 incident, and what happens? other then when #38HP comes running in full pelt and hip and shoulders his head.

On the EM supporter that was struck by #1HP, i was over the other side and wasnt sure what he said, but you cant comment on the hackle, both sides every game on the calender it happens, let alone the threats from both HP supports and players, it makes local footy , local footy.

Hampton park are in for a long week, would not want to be there president or a committee member, same goes for EM.
just my thought mate, as I'm not from either club i do think both sides will be answering for yesterdays incident not just one, yes it was ugly and not what we want,
also agree with the crowd side of things, all club supporters get stuck into each other every week

Just watched the last quarter a few hp players should be embarrassed about to the way they went about it 42 got yellowed stayed on the ground then got yellowed again in the second scuffle 38 silly free kicks will get a couple weeks for his jab and weichard leader of the club getting into a push and shove with a supporter over the fence new coach will loving all this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a time stamp of the Spectator and Player push and shove? I wonder how much EM will have to answer for that, and defs HP

i'd say a minute or 2 to go in the last
Yeh camera doesn't cut to it that well, but can you blame them hahaha. Otherwise thats pretty pathetic from the HP bloke. Also security is always going to be shit, they are only there to be a presence they don't actually "secure" anything lol.

Don't hold your breath about the SFNL doing too much about this EM v HP !!! They dodge and weave at anything that involve reports, investigations, or serious incidents which this obviously is. You've only got to cast your mind to last years debacle when a player got king hit and nearly died and then they tried to sweep it under the large rug that lies in SFNL HQ.

Don't hold your breath about the SFNL doing too much about this EM v HP !!! They dodge and weave at anything that involve reports, investigations, or serious incidents which this obviously is. You've only got to cast your mind to last years debacle when a player got king hit and nearly died and then they tried to sweep it under the large rug that lies in SFNL HQ.
correct me if I am incorrect but didnt the SFNL HQ hand that onto the law enforcers to investigate and advise further investigations off the back of that ?

Incoming HP coach must already have a headache.

Yeah, a huge headache .... I'm sure a couple of Panadol's and a pre-season and he'll be fine...

A couple of punch ons in a cut throat elimination final with 2 teams having a crack and everyone making out like world war 3 broke out.... shit happens ...

the winner moves on and the loser licks it wounds and comes back next year.

bad kicking = bad footy and HP lost .... well done East Malvern.

Yeah, a huge headache .... I'm sure a couple of Panadol's and a pre-season and he'll be fine...

A couple of punch ons in a cut throat elimination final with 2 teams having a crack and everyone making out like world war 3 broke out.... shit happens ...

the winner moves on and the loser licks it wounds and comes back next year.

bad kicking = bad footy and HP lost .... well done East Malvern.
Check the photo of the " couple of Punch on's " and the biff and crack at the fence line between a couple of nuffies. A little kid with the footy in his hand just metres away, yeah !!!! . not world war 3, but a real good example to set for the future kids. I say , hit the clubs with heavy fines as its their responsibility to keep supporters in check.

Check the photo of the " couple of Punch on's " and the biff and crack at the fence line between a couple of nuffies. A little kid with the footy in his hand just metres away, yeah !!!! . not world war 3, but a real good example to set for the future kids. I say , hit the clubs with heavy fines as its their responsibility to keep supporters in check.
Agree with the up to clubs to keep supporters in check. However N1 for Hampton did strike a spectator, the East Malvern Supporter was then assaulted by HP supporters trying to protect himself. The HP supporters are significantly worse in their verbal abuse to EM players, and as i said in a previous comment, its something you cant stomp and its what makes local footy , local footy.

HP are the majority to blame.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back