SFNL Division 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league just posted about it, game is going to be over turned. Seems pretty unfair, if one team thinks they are winning they are going to play differently as a posed to them thinking they are losing and have to score. Don’t think Moorabbin are gonna be to happy with that result. Even though technically it’s the right decision.
Surely the Team Managers would have known the scores and conveyed to coaching staff who can then convey to players. Most teams in SEFNL, MPNFL do it. Surely players would have had some idea when 1 point added to score when goal kicked????? Moorabbin can be upset with the umpires but also themselves!

The SFNL posted the result and statement regarding the Moorabbin/Lyndhurst game on their Facebook page. They’ve since deleted it after realizing they look completely incompetent. What a joke of an organisation.

The SFNL posted the result and statement regarding the Moorabbin/Lyndhurst game on their Facebook page. They’ve since deleted it after realizing they look completely incompetent. What a joke of an organisation.
Blaming club volunteers and threat of legal action would normally be associated with such a deletion. League heavily relies on volunteers and when you release such a statement then volunteers stop volunteering. Early learning for our interim CEO.

Blaming club volunteers and threat of legal action would normally be associated with such a deletion. League heavily relies on volunteers and when you release such a statement then volunteers stop volunteering. Early learning for our interim CEO.

Volunteer or not if you take on a match day role a certain level of competence and diligence is expected. Having said that the trained and I assume paid goal umpires have to shoulder most of the blame here.

Still cannot get my head around so many different points of failure here. Absolute shambles no matter how you slice it.

Volunteer or not if you take on a match day role a certain level of competence and diligence is expected. Having said that the trained and I assume paid goal umpires have to shoulder most of the blame here.

Still cannot get my head around so many different points of failure here. Absolute shambles no matter how you slice it.

Agree with that, but the buck must stop with the paid officials from the league. It’s their job to record and correct the scores at the end of each quarter.
Unfortunately the league have decided to deflect almost all of the blame on the volunteers, instead of their own employees. This is a pathetic response from the SFNL and an extremely poor way to treat volunteers at a local level of footy.

Not sure if you are familiar with the day operations, however at the end of the quarter and ESPECIALLY end of the game the two paid goal umpires stand in the middle of the ground and check off THEIR scoresheets to ensure accuracy. Once these paid officials agree they then wave their flags to say all correct as per scoreboard or meet with the scoreboard attendants and timekeepers to confer on any discrepancy. In effect the paid officials are SOLEY responsible for the correct score being recorded before they give 'correct weight' There is no disclarity in this or of this responsibility being handed down to the volunteers, if so no one will do the scoreboard or timekeep...simple

Not sure if you are familiar with the day operations, however at the end of the quarter and ESPECIALLY end of the game the two paid goal umpires stand in the middle of the ground and check off THEIR scoresheets to ensure accuracy. Once these paid officials agree they then wave their flags to say all correct as per scoreboard or meet with the scoreboard attendants and timekeepers to confer on any discrepancy. In effect the paid officials are SOLEY responsible for the correct score being recorded before they give 'correct weight' There is no disclarity in this or of this responsibility being handed down to the volunteers, if so no one will do the scoreboard or timekeep...simple

I am very familiar with match day operations. In fact over many, many years there would not be a a match day function I have not done.

We are in furious agreement that the league officials are to blame here. I also share the view that the SFNL have somewhat unfairly thrown the club volunteers under the bus. All I am saying is that club appointed officials, whether they are volunteers or not, have an important role to play and they were both clearly asleep at the wheel here. This simply should not have happened and a basic degree of competence by all involved, but particuarly by the paid league officials, is not asking too much.

I am very familiar with match day operations. In fact over many, many years there would not be a a match day function I have not done.

We are in furious agreement that the league officials are to blame here. I also share the view that the SFNL have somewhat unfairly thrown the club volunteers under the bus. All I am saying is that club appointed officials, whether they are volunteers or not, have an important role to play and they were both clearly asleep at the wheel here. This simply should not have happened and a basic degree of competence by all involved, but particuarly by the paid league officials, is not asking too much.

Yes they have an important role, just like the canteen lady making sure she doesn’t burn the pies.

Like in any situation, the buck stops with one or a set of persons and in this case the umpires. Regardless of the old timekeeper or 14 yo kid on the scoreboard the umpires are appointed paid referees who go out to the game to ensure the leagues rules and regulations are complied with. Enough of the volunteers please.

Move on.

Seems to me that this is an early win for the new video system.

In previous years the wrong result would have stood. The league were able to look at the game, give Moorabbin a fair amount of time to respond and then hand down their decision.

Makes you wonder how many times this has gone on in the past.

No rafferty no CPL? Having played against Hallam last year they were truly awful. Surely the gap between divisions isn’t that big!

From me being a Hallam player for the past 3 seasons the reason we were as you call it "awful" we had 72 players leave the club over the 2017-18 pre season and every single coach walk out the club kept its doors open by a inch of its life,credit goes to a hard working committee and players who have stuck fat through one difficult season, and now with Hallam 3-0 in both grades after being winless all last year I am hoping we can compete with the likes of Frankston,Moorabbin,and Lyndhurst can't wait to see how we go

From me being a Hallam player for the past 3 seasons the reason we were as you call it "awful" we had 72 players leave the club over the 2017-18 pre season and every single coach walk out the club kept its doors open by a inch of its life,credit goes to a hard working committee and players who have stuck fat through one difficult season, and now with Hallam 3-0 in both grades after being winless all last year I am hoping we can compete with the likes of Frankston,Moorabbin,and Lyndhurst can't wait to see how we go

well said pal. I was part of a premiership and 2 years later my club nearly folded but we didn't. the following year we were smashed from pillar to post. character of a club comes from those willing to keep it together. well done to all clubs who fight the fight each week, it's really tough these days. no-one ever goes out there and tries to be awful......

Who do you think will win these games this weekend?
Lyndale vs Dandenong
Hallam vs South Yarra
Frankston vs Lyndhurst
Carrum-Patterson Lakes vs Moorabbin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on you and all involved at Hallam great effort

Very average, I get it, they don’t have people watching the games so the info is little to nothing apart from what patty hears about Lyndhurst during the week. Pretty much a waste of time if I’m being honest

Any reason they only talk about South Yarra, Lyndhurst and Dandenong?
It’s like other clubs don’t exist. What about Moorabbin or CPL?

Any reason they only talk about South Yarra, Lyndhurst and Dandenong?
It’s like other clubs don’t exist. What about Moorabbin or CPL?

So true, Moorabbin and Frankston was a clash between two of the better sides and had a interesting result with Frankston dominating but inaccurate kicking keeping it close, what I gathered from the scores... but they don’t didn’t even even say a word about the game just moved straight past it. No clue why they bother having the show if that’s how they are gonna do it

Some big results today in div4
Hallam kicked themselves out of the game against Sth Yarra and lost by 7 points
CPL knocks off Moorabbin
Lyndhurst sets the benchmark after giving Frankston a touch up
Lyndale finally get a win on the board
Thoughts on this?

Some big results today in div4
Hallam kicked themselves out of the game against Sth Yarra and lost by 7 points
CPL knocks off Moorabbin
Lyndhurst sets the benchmark after giving Frankston a touch up
Lyndale finally get a win on the board
Thoughts on this?
Moorabbin going down this week means they have slumped to 1and 3. Massive game this week against Hallam if they go 1 and 4 there season would almost be over.

All this hype on the kanga's after a big win in round 1 to a team which to my understanding where well and truly undermanned.. even if they make finals they will be out 1st week. to old and to slow!!!

Hallam's next 4 games will see where we are at as we have
Moorabbin @ Moorabbin
Lyndhurst @ Hallam
Frankston @ Frankston
CPL @ CPL
if Hallam can be either 6-3 or 7-2 at the half way point I believe we can go on to make finals in seniors and reserves

All this hype on the kanga's after a big win in round 1 to a team which to my understanding where well and truly undermanned.. even if they make finals they will be out 1st week. to old and to slow!!!
Got it from a good source that Lyndale only had 16 players for the second half and that was how Moorabbin got off the chain, and looking at the rest of their games they are really exposed on the bigger grounds. Age and pace a big factor here.

They have to get rid of that game face footy show. It’s putrid and pointless. I found out only the clubs who pay for it get any time on it. Piss it off. Or call it the Lyndhurst footy show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back