Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly you cant afford him
Richmond will want you new born as well as draft picks
Why though? He's so far and away the beat player for you to lose. Get a good deal but still a deal Freo would actually palate.

Do you really think you guys are going to be contending before he's well past his prime? It's just such a nobrainer to me if he has actually asked the question about leaving.

Why though? He's so far and away the beat player for you to lose. Get a good deal but still a deal Freo would actually palate.

Do you really think you guys are going to be contending before he's well past his prime? It's just such a nobrainer to me if he has actually asked the question about leaving.
He is worth easily a pick in the top 3 , and Freo doesnt have that pick
Bolton has 7+ years of football still in him and even if it takes 4 years to rebuild he is still in the window for us

But lets say He did want to leave that would only be because his heads been turned by fremantle
The freo supporters here would be crying like 1 year olds about what trade would take to get it done

You have moved the goal posts. You claimed he would be our best player. He wouldn't, and he hasn't even been your best player in a team sitting second last. Or do you think he has been your best player this year or last year?

As to his value to us - he would be a great fit and add a lot up forward. His consistency is an issue but he is incredibly talented. The issue as I mentioned is cost and how far apart the teams are on his value.

You seem to have taken offence at me saying the teams would be too far apart on value, while saying he is incredibly talented. Again, your posts are only reinforcing that point.
Not moving anything

He would be your best player

If you got him you would be flag favorites

And if you could pick any player in the league from another team for freo he would be it .

All of the above is true .

Let him rot away exactly like Pav , Fyfe , Walters have been rotting away but with the difference
He already has medals ;)

Bolton & Baker could both tell the young players at Freo what it feels like
Didnt 1990s Stalwarts like Paul Broderick, Nick Daffy, Matty Richardson, Brendon gale and matty knights rot away at your club at one point?

Pav, Fyfe and Walters didnt rot away at freo. They played in a 2013 grand final vs the Hawks that finished with 19 wins and 3 losses all season.

Tigers never had an opponent that had that much wins in a season.

But lets say He did want to leave that would only be because his heads been turned by fremantle
From what I've seen of Bolton and his personality, that seem like head in the sand stuff. Wouldn't be the first or last player that doesn't want to sit in a rebuild.

And 4 years to completing a rebuild is highly highly ambitious. You need to draft the core and the core needs to hit 25.

On another note, Brown looks like he could be very very good. I think he's got A grade potential in him

Didnt 1990s Stalwarts like Paul Broderick, Nick Daffy, Matty Richardson, Brendon gale and matty knights rot away at your club at one point?

Pav, Fyfe and Walters didnt rot away at freo. They played in a 2013 grand final vs the Hawks that finished with 19 wins and 3 losses all season.

Tigers never had an opponent that had that much wins in a season.
We sure did but the comment 'rotting away ' was directed towards an existing player with premiership medals
Nobody cares about playing GF if they dont win and you can ask Riewoldt,Buckley types and they always say getting the ultimate satisfaction from a career is Winning the thing.

Freo are at a stage where they are just a 4-6 team with the players ready to take that next step but dont have the experienced players to get them there.

But commenting on a player with 2 premierships ' rotting away ' is crazy

Last edited:
From what I've seen of Bolton and his personality, that seem like head in the sand stuff. Wouldn't be the first or last player that doesn't want to sit in a rebuild.

And 4 years to completing a rebuild is highly highly ambitious. You need to draft the core and the core needs to hit 25.

On another note, Brown looks like he could be very very good. I think he's got A grade potential in him
Well he did sign a long term deal and if he has offers then great they will have to find the required assets to get him there
I cant see how Fremantle can manufacture that to happen.

Brown does look very good and we do have 5-8 kids that most oppo supporters wouldnt have even heard of that are just starting out and have shown great signs but just too early and we will get another 5-6 kids inside 30 this year

Richmond wont be like north and will bounce quicker 3-4 years so Bolton is the right age to see this through

* Lets just assume Freo have convinced him to move , How does freo get the assets required to get this done

Well he did sign a long term deal and if he has offers then great they will have to find the required assets to get him there

Brown does look very good and we do have 5-8 kids that most oppo supporters wouldnt have even heard of that are just starting out and have shown great signs but just too early and we will get another 5-6 kids inside 30 this year

Richmond wont be like north and will bounce quicker 3-4 years so Bolton is the right age to see this through

* Lets just assume Freo have convinced him to move , How does freo get the assets required to get this done
We have the assets to get it done, we have basically more assets in pure picks then most teams ever have. If Bolton, for whatever reason, wants a trade, it's really entirely up to Richmond if they want to trade. We don't short change teams on trades.

Man, I am telling you now, there is precisely zero chance you are competing again in 3-4 years. There's no topping up here for a refresh, there's building an almost full list with some nice pieces already there. And I mean competing, not challenging for a spot in the 8 or winning a final like Freo in 22.

You won't be uncompetitive like North unless as many brain-dead list decisions are made. There is a long way between that and competing

We have the assets to get it done, we have basically more assets in pure picks then most teams ever have. If Bolton, for whatever reason, wants a trade, it's really entirely up to Richmond if they want to trade. We don't short change teams on trades.

Man, I am telling you now, there is precisely zero chance you are competing again in 3-4 years. There's no topping up here for a refresh, there's building an almost full list with some nice pieces already there. And I mean competing, not challenging for a spot in the 8 or winning a final like Freo in 22.

You won't be uncompetitive like North unless as many brain-dead list decisions are made. There is a long way between that and competing
Well we can beg to differ

I dont see the 3 picks you have as they stand getting the deal done for Bolton

You'd probably have to pay 250-300k a year to get that outcome IMO

If you're willing to do that when you'll have a bunch of cap space in a rebuild then I could see it happening
Let me ask you a genuine question

How would you feel about that deal if we replace the name bolton with Brayshaw ?

Would you do that deal and "Pay the of his salary ? specially with cap trades coming in ?
We are going to be able to buy picks with cap space soon why would we give up 1 of our best players and pay part of his salary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you guys carry on like he's Izak Rankine.

We are going to be able to buy picks with cap space soon why would we give up 1 of our best players and pay part of his salary
to buy an extra pick? You are skipping having to wait on buying picks with cap space by... buying a pick with cap space...

You get to do it early and launch your rebuild

Quick edit: Also pick purchasing (aka cap trades) is no guarantee to come in, its been floated but alot of clubs have disagreed with it, this is a chance for you guys to do it.
How would you feel about that deal if we replace the name bolton with Brayshaw ?
Irrelevant, we are looking to challenge, Brayshaw isn't anything like Bolton as a player/leader, Brayshaw is a player you build your club around, has Bolton ever been in a leadership group? Bolton is the icing on the cake, Brayshaw is the foundation.

to buy an extra pick? You are skipping having to wait on buying picks with cap space by... buying a pick with cap space...

Quick edit: Also pick purchasing (aka cap trades) is no guarantee to come in, its been floated but alot of clubs have disagreed with it, this is a chance for you guys to do it.

Irrelevant, we are looking to challenge, Brayshaw isn't anything like Bolton as a player/leader, Brayshaw is a player you build your club around, has Bolton ever been in a leadership group? Bolton is the icing on the cake, Brayshaw is the foundation.
And we literally lost Neale in almost the same situation for less than is being talked about for Bolton...

We sure did but the comment 'rotting away ' was directed towards an existing player with premiership medals
Nobody cares about playing GF if they dont win and you can ask Riewoldt,Buckley types and they always say getting the ultimate satisfaction from a career is Winning the thing.

Freo are at a stage where they are just a 4-6 team with the players ready to take that next step but dont have the experienced players to get them there.

But commenting on a player with 2 premierships ' rotting away ' is crazy
Again.... Did your side beat an opponent as imposing as the 2013 hawks that had 19 wins and 3 losses in the regular season?

Let's see those 3 grand final sides you beat.

2017 : Richmond had the crows. Top of the ladder with that imposing 15 wins, 6 losses and a draw. Very bad a** team.

2019: Richmond faced GWS. Finished 5th or 6th. Faced 3 sides. Dogs at home, Brisbane in Brisbane and magpies at the MCG. Richmond had 7 games at the MCG before the 2019 finals series.

2020 cats at the Gabba. Cats smacked Brisbane at the Gabba in the preliminary final. Closest as you could get to a 50-50 even game. Tigers were narrow favourites.

So yeah.... I guess that answers the question then!

I have heard this before. Hawks went full Vladmir Putin at the end of 2020 saying that they will play finals in 2022.

Mate.... You had ya finals run. Made finals in 2013-5 then had your flag window in 2017-2020. Then made finals in 2021.

Dusty is old. So is Kamdym McIntosh LoL.

Your side looks like they will get the spoon. They are certain to finish bottom 4.

Take the pics and do the rebuild .

Your teams current rebuild is gonna make your side from finish 5 or 6 years in a row of no finals

And we literally lost Neale in almost the same situation for less than is being talked about for Bolton...
Huh, yeah true, Neale was basically Brayshaw before we had Brayshaw, Brayshaw even lived with Neale in his first year and he credited him quite a lot during the start of his career.

So there ya go THE_GUN Check the Neale trade for similarities, or we can add on a pick if you pay some $$ (early pick purchasing to kick start your rebuild)

Neale went on to be a 2x brownlow medalist btw so its fair to say he was and is a better player than Bolton

Huh, yeah true, Neale was basically Brayshaw before we had Brayshaw, Brayshaw even lived with Neale in his first year and he credited him quite a lot during the start of his career.

So there ya go THE_GUN Check the Neale trade for similarities, or we can add on a pick if you pay some $$ (early pick purchasing to kick start your rebuild)

Neale went on to be a 2x brownlow medalist btw so its fair to say he was and is a better player than Bolton
Nah we will keep Bolton thanks

I have heard this before. Hawks went full Vladmir Putin at the end of 2020 saying that they will play finals in 2022.

Mate.... You had ya finals run. Made finals in 2013-5 then had your flag window in 2017-2020. Then made finals in 2021.

Dusty is old. So is Kamdym McIntosh LoL.

Your side looks like they will get the spoon. They are certain to finish bottom 4.

Take the pics and do the rebuild .

Your teams current rebuild is gonna make your side from finish 5 or 6 years in a row of no finals
We actually need a few spoons to stir the soup in all our cups ;)

I have also heard similar to what freo are supporters are saying this year but it was around 2010

Again.... Did your side beat an opponent as imposing as the 2013 hawks that had 19 wins and 3 losses in the regular season?

Let's see those 3 grand final sides you beat.

2017 : Richmond had the crows. Top of the ladder with that imposing 15 wins, 6 losses and a draw. Very bad a** team.

2019: Richmond faced GWS. Finished 5th or 6th. Faced 3 sides. Dogs at home, Brisbane in Brisbane and magpies at the MCG. Richmond had 7 games at the MCG before the 2019 finals series.

2020 cats at the Gabba. Cats smacked Brisbane at the Gabba in the preliminary final. Closest as you could get to a 50-50 even game. Tigers were narrow favourites.

So yeah.... I guess that answers the question then!
Chill bro you getting too worked out

You can only beat who come up and all three got their Lesson from a Dynasty team

* Cough*

Buying picks is already here
#7 + Bowes ;)

Chill bro you getting too worked out

You can only beat who come up and all three got their Lesson from a Dynasty team
Am I getting worked up? Fair from it. I would love to see Freo won a flag vs a non Vic side.

Hell I have no issues if 2 non Vic sides made this year's grand final . LoL 😆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back