Speculation Shai Bolton [OOC 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Should I try and voice message it in a way you can understand, I didn't realise you couldnt read either :(
I do understand.

Richmond has the whip hand over Bolton because he's contracted.

They also have the whip hand over Baker because he's uncontracted.

Last edited:
Ask your self this question.... Do you see Richmond turning this situation around very quickly?

I look at West coasts rebuild as an example. They havent played finals in 2021-23 and dead certain not to play finals in 2024. Tim Kelly turns 30 years old on July 26 this year. I can see Tim Kelly Playing finals at west coast as a 32 or 33 or even as a 34 year old. Him drafted as a 22 or 23 year old to the cats in tha 2017 draft might of been a blessing in disguise with all the travel the WA clubs do.
Things can change quickly and I would say we are not turning this around too quick, I honestly think we need to spend a few years down the bottom getting the number #1 pick or #2 pick a few times.

But with Fremantle's list they need to pay overs and bring someone or 2 high quality players in & push for a Premiership right now.
The next 2-4 years is Freo window imo after that it closes. a lot of there best players are coming into their middle-age prime.

We took a risk with Taranto & Hopper and I don't blame us for doing it. doesn't look like it's going to work but you have to take risks in this Sport cause some other club will and they will reap the rewards.

Last edited:
I do understand.

Richmond has the whip hand over Bolton because he's contracted.

They also have the whip hand over Baker because he's contracted.
yeah ok, that is what I said.

The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

The next 2-4 years is Freo window imo after that it close. a lot of there best players are coming into their middle-age prime.
You made sense until this.

The core is not even in their prime yet. The window is 8 years. Getting or not getting Bolton won't change that.

8 years? lol no way that's a long time in footy.
8 years will give the list an age profile younger than both collingwood and geelong's last flags.

the replacements for most of the older crew (Fyfe, Ryan, Pearce) are already on the list and have played.

Yeah, it's probably a bit of hope talking, but it's certainly more than 2-4.

Still rolling out one of the youngest and least experienced squads of 23 each and every week.

8 years will give the list an age profile younger than both collingwood and geelong's last flags.

the replacements for most of the older crew (Fyfe, Ryan, Pearce) are already on the list and have played.

Still rolling out one of the youngest and least experienced squads of 23 each and every week.
Hawks 3 premierships, Brisbane 3 Premierships, Richmond 3 premierships. those are long reigns

All pretty much done after that & their windows closed very quickly, you are very deluded if you think you have 8 years.

Take into account we were young in 2017 we were a legit contender for about 4 years, we made the most of our opportunity probably should have also won in 2018. we have not been a contender for about 4 years that's 8 years your age/list profile ages a lot quicker than you think. Freo list will directly be competing against someone like Sydney who are young as well.

Last edited:
Hawks 3 premierships, Brisbane 3 Premierships, Richmond 3 premierships. those are long reigns

All pretty much done after that & their windows closed very quickly, you are very deluded if you think you have 8 years.
They were all contending for a lot longer than 3 years though.

You don't magically pop up out of nowhere and then vanish.

Geelong, West Coast, Pies (even with a minor explosion in the middle).

Not talking 8x flags, talking in finals and contending.

Richmond played finals in 2013, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22.

I'd say 8/10 years of finals isn't popping up out of nowhere and vanishing, that's a pretty good long run of being a good side.

Geelong is a outlier of the competition, they contend a lot but they don't win it.
West Coast pinched a flag imo so did the Dogs but they went down very quickly that's what usually happens when you win a flag, in less it's a dynasty. yes they might have contended for longer than that but I think many also make up the numbers because their not willing to take risks & bring in high quality trades/free agents.

Richmond getting Tom Lynch definitely helped us win another 2 flags, I don't think we have won other than 2017 without. we were so much harder to play against.

Geelong = no flag without Jeremy Cameron imo.

These clubs take risks if you don't you are just another club making up the numbers imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say 8/10 years of finals isn't popping up out of nowhere and vanishing, that's a pretty good long run of being a good side.
In 2013, 14,15 we were complete pretenders though imo. couldn't even get past the first week.

Which is what I was getting at. They were contending for far longer than 3 years.

Geelong is a outlier of the competition, they contend a lot but they don't win it.
West Coast pinched a flag imo so did the Dogs but they went down very quickly that's what usually happens when you win a flag, in less it's a dynasty. yes they might have contended for longer than that but I think many also make up the numbers because their not willing to take risks & bring in high quality trades/free agents.

Richmond getting Tom Lynch definitely helped us win another 2 flags, I don't think we have won other than 2017 without. we were so much harder to play against.

Geelong = no flag without Jeremy Cameron imo.

These clubs take risks if you don't you are just another club making up the numbers imo.
WC didn't pinch one. They were there and thereabouts for a few more years than 2018. Played finals 2 years after as well.

I agree, you need to add pieces to bridge the gap. That was never the argument.

It was the 2-4 years, when the club has set up to contend for longer, which is why they're in a position to go after those final touches like Warner and Bolton.

But if not Bolton, there will be other options.

WC didn't pinch one. They were there and thereabouts for a few more years than 2018. Played finals 2 years after as well.

It was the 2-4 years, when the club has set up to contend for longer, which is why they're in a position to go after those final touches like Warner and Bolton.

Time will tell, I think Freo have realistically have 4 years from here to win a Premiership. you don't have to agree with but it's what I personally think some clubs outliers like Geelong & Sydney where they just continually contend but they don't always win it. Swans have lost their last 3 GF's.

Fremantle have never won a flag they should be doing everything in there power for their fans to win one.

If not Bolton then you'd hope Warner for sure (but alot can change in 12 months), but I have to ask, respectfully, when was the last time a star player moved to Freo via trade?

You guys given your current list looking really good, do have to be daring. Personally I think you guys are Bolton or Warner away from seriously giving it a shake.

If not Bolton then you'd hope Warner for sure (but alot can change in 12 months), but I have to ask, respectfully, when was the last time a star player moved to Freo via trade?

You guys given your current list looking really good, do have to be daring. Personally I think you guys are Bolton or Warner away from seriously giving it a shake.
Luke Jackson.

**** my memory is shot since my last Bday 2 weeks ago hahaha

Great get. Has there been anyone else?
The club focus has mainly been draft draft draft.

Added a few around the fringes, JOM, Aish, sharp, Jordan Clark.

The club focus has mainly been draft draft draft.

Added a few around the fringes, JOM, Aish, sharp, Jordan Clark.
Yep, so realistically, one STAR or potential STAR. Makes the Warner and Bolton potential trades really important IMO.

Yep, so realistically, one STAR or potential STAR. Makes the Warner and Bolton potential trades really important IMO.
You don't have to convince (most of) us Bolton would make a big difference but I don't think that means we have to be reckless and give you everything. This only happens if Richmond want the picks for a rebuild, not because we offered 4 1st rounders and you can't say no.

Last edited:

But they are hardly that much better than others with upward mobility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back