Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea what Fremantle are like at the trade table but Beatson is a fair trader. I don't recall him asking for way overs for a player, or offering peanuts for a star.
Beatson is happy to pay extra for a player, he never seems concerned about what spot in the draft a pick is. He knows how to find talent down the draft - just look at Warner

Regardless of whether it is this year or next, if Chad wants Freo, Swans will get plenty.

We absolutely ream for our contracted players (Weller, Hill, Schultz) but pay/receive market value or more/less in every other situation.
Correct. Walls won’t play games. But he won’t pay overs if he is ooc either. I’d say 2 firsts is likely.

At the end of the day Swans can take the mother-load of picks we have available this year, probably still get a very handy however slightly less return next year (2 firsts minimum) or retain Warner.
They won’t lose out.
If we don’t win the big dance this year then I hope Sydney do as I reckon it will help grease the wheels a little for a 2024 trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would they do that? He's contracted and if they're resigned to him leaving they would just hold him to contract and trade him In 2025.

Makes no sense to pay him extra money just to trade him in 2025 anyway.

Straw clutching
The only way he gets more money next year is by signing a new long term contract.

Pointless bumping his pay for 2025 on the chance of a longer contract.

If he's happy to stay on current contract, then we have to weigh up his cost in 2025 vs the trade capital we'd lose by letting him run his contract down.

To trade this year, with Freo, the starting point should be Serong

At the end of the day Swans can take the mother-load of picks we have available this year, probably still get a very handy however slightly less return next year (2 firsts minimum) or retain Warner.
They won’t lose out.
If we don’t win the big dance this year then I hope Sydney do as I reckon it will help grease the wheels a little for a 2024 trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He ain’t leaving.😉

He might if Sydney continue to stink it up in the run home to the finals this year .
Might just see a brighter horizon over west
Who wouldn’t want to play out west as a western Australian delivering to that lethal 1:2 punch up forward?

Or play alongside an aging champion in the middle?

Not to mention, playing with some of the best young players in the league!

So much to love over at West Coast, I agree!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wouldn’t want to play out west as a western Australian delivering to that lethal 1:2 punch up forward?

Or play alongside an aging champion in the middle?

Not to mention, playing with some of the best young players in the league!

So much to love over at West Coast, I agree!

Too funny

Just Wondering where all those cocky swans supporters spruiking
“Why would Chad want to go to a team like freo “are now??
The swans are frauds and the longer this goes on the more likely chad will want out

No idea what Fremantle are like at the trade table but Beatson is a fair trader. I don't recall him asking for way overs for a player, or offering peanuts for a star.
What's your idea of a fair trade if it was an option this year. I don't think it would be in reality. For mine though if it did happen for a contracted Warner Id offer all three of our firsts with a later pick coming back our way.

Just Wondering where all those cocky swans supporters spruiking
“Why would Chad want to go to a team like freo “are now??
The swans are frauds and the longer this goes on the more likely chad will want out
Meh given Chad's performances when the chips have been down, I don't think most Swans fans would care nearly as much about losing him if Freo are silly enough to make an offer befitting of the over a million a year they've been rumoured to be willing to offer him.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay that much for him at the moment.

"Hahahaha your team has achieved nothing just like ours" is a weird gotcha post to run with though.

Meh given Chad's performances when the chips have been down, I don't think most Swans fans would care nearly as much about losing him if Freo are silly enough to make an offer befitting of the over a million a year they've been rumoured to be willing to offer him.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay that much for him at the moment.

"Hahahaha your team has achieved nothing just like ours" is a weird gotcha post to run with though.

and you reckon sydney wont be giving him that in his next contract?

and you reckon sydney wont be giving him that in his next contract?
They probably will if he decides to stay. I'm saying I wouldn't until he shows he can perform when the chips are down.

The reports were that Freo were willing to offer $1.6mil. Probably BS but if it's anything close to the truth, I absolutely wouldn't want to match their offer.

They probably will if he decides to stay. I'm saying I wouldn't until he shows he can perform when the chips are down.

The reports were that Freo were willing to offer $1.6mil. Probably BS but if it's anything close to the truth, I absolutely wouldn't want to match their offer.

i dont watch much footy outside of my club but chad warner was the only guy who had a go in the 2022 grand final and the chips were definitely down that day. he is easily worth over a mill with the new increase coming but 1.6 is bit steep.

i dont watch much footy outside of my club but chad warner was the only guy who had a go in the 2022 grand final and the chips were definitely down that day. he is easily worth over a mill with the new increase coming but 1.6 is bit steep.
He did, but performances like that in games where we've struggled have been few and far between. For the most part, he's shown himself to be a cherry on top player when everyone else around him is firing. The fact that he couldn't find his 2022 form last year and it was only when we were firing on all cylinders this year that he returned to his best is proof of that.

He's one of many that has been insipid in the past couple of weeks, and his performance against the Bulldogs was particularly embarrassing for a player of his quality.

I personally think we need to move him out of the starting midfield set-up until we find form, and I don't think I should be arriving at that conclusion for a player worthy of over a million a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Chad Warner [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back