Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Come at me haters 🥊

Best Friends Hug GIF by Rocky

Houston to Melbourne for pick 5 (i know if i was Houston I'd say no but he was keen earlier in the year)

Port trade pick 5 to Freo for picks 9 & 27

Port trade pick 9 to Gold Coast for Lukosius

Freo trade picks 5 & 16 to Richmond for Bolton

Gold Coast trade picks 6 & 12 to Richmond for Rioli + Salary

Melbourne gets Houston
Port get Lukosius & pick 27
Fremantle get Bolton
Gold Coast get Rioli
Richmond gets picks 5,6,12 & 16

Fremantle still have pick 10 plus Bolton
Gold Coast have pick 9, 20 & 26 plus Rioli

Richmond go to the draft with picks 1,5,6,12,16,21.

Keep Baker.
So Bolton all the sudden worth more than Neale?

Come at me haters 🥊

Houston to Melbourne for pick 5 (i know if i was Houston I'd say no but he was keen earlier in the year)

Melbourne gets Houston
Fremantle get Bolton
Gold Coast get Rioli

plus, have picks 29,39,41,47 to try and trade with Lions or next year's 1st round.

Keep Baker.

You are very good.gif

The old, everyone gets shafted so my club wins approach. Bold
Freo get Bolton and keep pick 10 !!!

Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

I even listened to the 2 suns supporters who said why would Gold Coast trade away an early pick before Lombard gets picked, well they get pick 9 in return !!!

Port gets an extra pick they didnt even have !! only team shafted is Melbourne but Port fans keep telling us Houston is worth 2 first rounders.

Big Brother Oprah GIF by Big Brother Australia

Freo people are just overthinking this. How does this sound for a trade?

Freo get a past #34 and Bolton.
Richmond get pick 9 and pick 10.
Freo give up pick 10 and Lachie Schultz.

How fair does that sound? We all know that there's only one team that gets shafted here and they deserve everything they get.

If you get enough clubs involved and just trim a little in every trade in your favour, he could just about get all the picks and keep the players!

Come on Cobs, you get Bolton and still keep pick 10 .. isn't that what I've been reading for 100 pages now?

Last edited:

How fair does that sound? We all know that there's only one team that gets shafted here and they deserve everything they get.

How far back do you want to go?

Maybe we should just give 27. Bolton was a former pick 29.

You’ve just upgraded!

How does that sound??

So in other words Freo lose 9 and 10 this trade and Shultz from the previous draft and we get Bolton

Yeah ok buddy

Pick 9 and 16 max and Tigs pay a portion of his contract for the next 3 years

So in other words Freo lose 9 and 10 this trade and Shultz from the previous draft and we get Bolton

Yeah ok buddy

Pick 9 and 16 max and Tigs pay a portion of his contract for the next 3 years
If you didn't lose Schultz you wouldn't have #9. I'm not going to be like a lot of my colleagues. I will just ask you to re-read what you just wrote and then reconsider your retort.

Schultz had 12 months left to run on his contract. Very important part of our side.

He cost 34 and a F1 which not a single soul would’ve expected to be pick 9.

Now, it’s a fairly similar situation and you want 9&10 and use the Schultz deal to make a point?

Obviously, we can agree Shai is an upgrade but Schultz wasn’t some mug.

9&16 would be huge for Tigers. 1 year in contract or 4 is somewhat irrelevent these days. Everyone is breaking contracts.

Schultz had 12 months left to run on his contract. Very important part of our side.

He cost 34 and a F1 which not a single soul would’ve expected to be pick 9.

Now, it’s a fairly similar situation and you want 9&10 and use the Schultz deal to make a point?

Obviously, we can agree Shai is an upgrade but Schultz wasn’t some mug.

9&16 would be huge for Tigers. 1 year in contract or 4 is somewhat irrelevent these days. Everyone is breaking contracts.

Big difference between the two of them and 4 years to run on a contract isn't irrelevant. Bolton can be a match winner which you will find out and also has 2 premierships & All Australian.
So basically, it's pick 10 v 34 trust me you are getting a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big difference between the two of them and 4 years to run on a contract isn't irrelevant. Bolton can be a match winner which you will find out and also has 2 premierships & All Australian.

I didn’t say 4 years is irrelevant. I said they were both out of contract. 1 year or 4 years in my opinion is irrelevant.

No one has been traded for 2 picks inside 10.

If it’s 9&10, 100% stuff is coming back our way.

I’ll leave here again for a bit.

Lots of posturing. It’s fun, but we don’t get any say.

If I was a betting man, I’d bet there’s near no way 9&10 are dealt for Bolton. Tigers fans just frothing at wanting every possible beat scenario on deals.

I didn’t say 4 years is irrelevant. I said they were both out of contract. 1 year or 4 years in my opinion is irrelevant.

If I was a betting man, I’d bet there’s near no way 9&10 are dealt for Bolton. Tigers fans just frothing at wanting every possible beat scenario on deals.
It will be the obligatory, we will offer pick 16, Tiges say they want 9 & 10. We will offer pick 10. Tiges will say they want 9 & 10. We will offer pick 9 and pick 16. Tiges will accept.

Of course we want 9&10 you never know what will happen. :thumbsu:

Come at me haters 🥊

Melbourne gets Houston
Fremantle get Bolton
Gold Coast get Rioli

Keep Baker.
I do like your thinking however let’s get bakes home.
Add in bakes and 12 for eagles pick 3.
We also package up some later picks for the lions first.

We then have 1,3,5,6,16,17,21

BOOM!

Trade period would be so much more entertaining if the trades were actually done via Bigfooty fan negotiation.

That would 100% be worth tuning in to

It would be over in a day and not a single deal would get done unfortunately.

I always laugh when people on the internet are like "That's your offer?! We'll just keep him then!" Like yeah righto I'll email the club and break the bad news to them

Well yeah it is irrelevant because tigers wouldn't be letting him leave with 4 years left if they wanted to keep him.

Well yeah it is irrelevant because tigers wouldn't be letting him leave with 4 years left if they wanted to keep him.

Not really. He came to us and asked for a trade.

We don't have to trade him, but probably saw the opportunity, but it needs to work for us too. Not just be "what people think he's worth", but work for us in our plans for the future.

Not really. He came to us and asked for a trade.

We don't have to trade him, but probably saw the opportunity, but it needs to work for us too. Not just be "what people think he's worth", but work for us in our plans for the future.
Yeah but I dont think it has to be crazy overs. There are reasons you guys are open to trading him and they aren't just because you are in a rebuild and see an opportunity.

Caught up with a few mates from peel thunder ressies over the long weekend and they were telling us Boltens basically packed up the house , sold the car , grabbed the kids ,missus and the dog and hightailed it out of that cold miserable dumpster most simply referred to as Melbourne .

Has apparently already moved into a chic pad in port coogee .
Sun , sand and surf for bolts and family from here on in

So with that it sounds like he ain’t going back to the RFC and Victoria which means the tiggys would do well to tread very carefully in trade negotiations with freo lest they end up with a very disgruntled player on their hands and no sweet juicy draft picks to play with which that team and Adam yze ,so desperately requires with Tassie just around the corner

Caught up with a few mates from peel thunder ressies over the long weekend and they were telling us Boltens basically packed up the house , sold the car , grabbed the kids ,missus and the dog and hightailed it out of that cold miserable dumpster most simply referred to as Melbourne .

So with that it sounds like he ain’t going back to the RFC and Victoria which means the tiggys would do well to tread very carefully in trade negotiations with freo lest they end up with a very disgruntled player on their hands and no sweet juicy draft picks to play with which that team and Adam yze ,so desperately requires with Tassie just around the corner

So you are saying the expectation of picks 9 and 10 from Richmond supporters are a little OTT?

Well I never!

Pick 9 and saints second is as good as it gets

Yeah, because the deals been done.

Just waiting for the office to open to hand the homework in

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back