Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Caught up with a few mates from peel thunder ressies over the long weekend and they were telling us Boltens basically packed up the house , sold the car , grabbed the kids ,missus and the dog and hightailed it out of that cold miserable dumpster most simply referred to as Melbourne .

Has apparently already moved into a chic pad in port coogee .
Sun , sand and surf for bolts and family from here on in

So with that it sounds like he ain’t going back to the RFC and Victoria which means the tiggys would do well to tread very carefully in trade negotiations with freo lest they end up with a very disgruntled player on their hands and no sweet juicy draft picks to play with which that team and Adam yze ,so desperately requires with Tassie just around the corner

200.gif

Yeah but I dont think it has to be crazy overs. There are reasons you guys are open to trading him and they aren't just because you are in a rebuild and see an opportunity.

I didn't say it had to be, but in order to rebuild (which is the reason we are open to trading him) is to get high end draft picks. That Pick 16, will end up in the 20's, thats not high end rebuilding no matter how much people keep throwing it out.

Plenty of later picks that can be thrown out, and teams can find jewels in the rough, we did with late picks through our times of challenging.

Caught up with a few mates from peel thunder ressies over the long weekend and they were telling us Boltens basically packed up the house , sold the car , grabbed the kids ,missus and the dog and hightailed it out of that cold miserable dumpster most simply referred to as Melbourne .

So with that it sounds like he ain’t going back to the RFC and Victoria which means the tiggys would do well to tread very carefully in trade negotiations with freo lest they end up with a very disgruntled player on their hands and no sweet juicy draft picks to play with which that team and Adam yze ,so desperately requires with Tassie just around the corner
Yeh I can see him sitting out a year and foregoing $900k+ and losing a chunk of future value just to avoid playing for the Tigers next year, fantastic career move.

The Tiges will get 2 firsts for Bolton, it just reminds to be seen how good they are and what other later pick swaps might be involved in the back and forth. I think it's fairly likely at least one of them though is that top 10 pick.

if thats the case it sounds like he’s been assured the deal will be done by the dockers and his manager.
And no doubt if this were the case the Dockers would have had discussions with the Tigers and were prepared to satisfy their demands.

Sounds like all clubs and Bolton will get what they want from this. Great news!

With Pick 10 committed to Baker

Not sure Freo have the capital for Shai

9 , 16 and F1 ?

I agree I hope Bolton & Baker both go to West Coast for Picks 3,12 & 23 and Freo get nothing.

With Pick 10 committed to Baker

Not sure Freo have the capital for Shai

9 , 16 and F1 ?
Yeah. Highly likely the twommey comments are bullshit. He does great at the draft but has a history at being terrible at predicting trades, Only way Richmond get all 3 first rounders for Baker and Bolton is if Richmond pay a massive chunk of both Bolton and Baker's salary. Do better.

Only way Richmond get all 3 first rounders for Baker and Bolton is if Richmond pay a massive chunk of both Bolton and Baker's salary.
You're so close. It's actually 'only way Freo get Baker and Bolton is for all 3 first rounders'.

I agree I hope Bolton & Baker both go to West Coast for Picks 3,12 & 23 and Freo get nothing.
WM members would burn their memberships on mass if that happened. If WC even offer a second rounder for Baker the overwhelming majority would be upset. Quoting the most clueless contributor to trading threads in bigfooty history isn't helping your argument.

Why would Fremantle and West Coast put forward trade offers for a player who hasn't nominated to go to either club yet?

Frustrated Head GIF

Richmond can't pay for any of Bakers salary as he is contracted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Baker isn't worth pick 10? Bolton sure 9 and 10 with a second coming back or something, but Baker a top 10 pick? Surely they aren't going full Collingwood last year with Shultz?
At least Collingwood had the dual excuses of Schultz being contracted AND expecting the pick to be 14-18, not 10.

They took some risk for sure, but this Baker for 10 or 13 is like taking the risk without the reward.

You're so close. It's actually 'only way Freo get Baker and Bolton is for all 3 first rounders'.
I actually agree which is why most Freo supporters are against getting Baker. But that trade only happens if Richmond also agree to pay a chunk of future salary for both players. Say 50% Bolton's and 33% Bakers.

I actually agree which is why most Freo supporters are against getting Baker. But that trade only happens if Richmond also agree to pay a chunk of future salary for both players. Say 50% Bolton's and 33% Bakers.
So close again.

We can't pay any of Baker's contract as he's uncontracted. And we won't pay any of Shai's unless you do better than 9 & 10. Go get us pick 3.

At least Collingwood had the dual excuses of Schultz being contracted AND expecting the pick to be 14-18, not 10.

They took some risk for sure, but this Baker for 10 or 13 is like taking the risk without the reward.

Surely your second is plenty for Baker, that's a top 30 pick in one of the deepest drafts ever. Maybe I've missed something with Baker he's handy and a very decent player but has he ever looked like a top 10 trade player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back