Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a really (excuse the expression) Silly comparison
1 player is contracted and the other is not !!!
of course its Baker selecting the club he plays for and its upto Richmond to decide if they are happy or not and will use the tools on hand to deal with it.

If you had mentioned Rioli or Baker then thats kills your argument as Richmond does not have to trade a contracted player and keep him then the player can look at alternatives or stay at his club exact like Papley did

you need a shovel as your digging yourself deeper and deeper mate just give it up
you asked if it had been done before and i gave you the perfect example where it did. Dont die on this hill your just making yourself look silly
LOL. The argument started with a poster saying Port should shop Houston for the best deal then give him the option of going to that club or staying. I pointed out that it never happens this way. You have then proceeded to provide examples of it not happening that way, then telling me I am wrong.

there won't be any sponge cake, passionfruit icing or otherwise, in which North go from pick 2 to pick 20 to get Houston.

I'll agree the deal needs refinement, it's just a rough idea of what every team wants to get out of the trade period.

Maybe get another team involved where North end up with Houston and a top 10 pick for pick 2

there won't be any sponge cake, passionfruit icing or otherwise, in which North go from pick 2 to pick 20 to get Houston.
How about this

Port give: Houston, future second
Port get: pick 6, pick 20, pick 26

North give: pick 2 and 22
North get: Houston, pick 12

Gold Coast give: pick 6, 12, 20, 26
Gold Coast get: pick 2, pick 22, future second

I wouldn’t have a deal with Houston and Lukosius. Separate deals is the best way for port to get most value out of both the trades Imo.

Forgot about Rioli.

I cant see a universe where Port do a 3 way deal involving Houston and GC, and Lukosius isn't involved..

You would just factor him into the deal and give the according picks.. you don't get any upper hand by making it a separate deal

edit: In the case of your deal.. pick 20

I think realistically, Port would be happy with a top 8-14 pick, and a pick that will satisfy GC for Lukosius (early 2nd rounder)

A 3 way swap with North and GC is probably best avenue

TeamGetGive
GCpick 2 (NM), future 2nd (NM)Lukosius, 12, 20, 26
PortLukosius, 12Houston
NMHouston, 20, 26Pick 2, future 2nd
or
North offer Pick#2 to Freo for their 1st two round picks maybe 9,10
Then North offer Pick#10 + their F2nd to Port for Houston and their F2nd
Port offer Pick#10 + Norths F2nd to GC for Lukosius and their F2nd

North end up with #9 + Houston + Ports F2nd
Port end up with Lukosius + GC F2nd
Gc end up with #10 and Norths F2
Freo get pick #2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or
North offer Pick#2 to Freo for their 1st two round picks maybe 9,10
Then North offer Pick#10 + their F2nd to Port for Houston and their F2nd
Port offer Pick#10 + Norths F2nd to GC for Lukosius and their F2nd

North end up with #9 + Houston + Ports F2nd
Port end up with Lukosius + GC F2nd
Gc end up with #10 and Norths F2
Freo get pick #2
So port give Houston and get Luko and a second round draft pick? Right…

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back