Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Give them 9&10 and get a heap of salary paid by them... every chance we pick the same player we would of with 10 anyhow. Everyone is happy!
That's likely true to be fair. Think Berry will make 16 (20 adjusted)?

Edit: Scratch that, according to Cooney's latest mometh of madness, we're getting Kozzie for pick 16, so we'd best just hand over 9 & 10 for Shai.

No it wont, Bolton in contract is worth every bit of 9 and 16 per other historical trades IMO
Not for a small forward, pick 9 would do or add a 2nd. The price we’re going to pay is gun mid price & he’s 26. It’s more than Geelong paid for Cameron.

I’m thinking some salary will be in but likely just meaning we aren’t paying the back ended part that Richmond pushed out.

Not for a small forward, pick 9 would do or add a 2nd. The price we’re going to pay is gun mid price & he’s 26. It’s more than Geelong paid for Cameron.

I’m thinking some salary will be in but likely just meaning we are paying the back ended part that Richmond pushed out.
He's not a true small forward. Cameron was ridiculous and can't be measured against, same as Weller. He was also out of contract.

Not adamant on 9 & 10 but I just don't like 16. I get it 16 isn't your problem if it becomes pick 20 and pushed back.

I'm also not too fazed my suggestions get shut down, i try and think how both sides react to a deal, there has to be some middle ground.

I also like to stir a bit so sometimes i post utter crap to get a laugh.

Sorry, i keep adding to my post but I'd be happy for you to trade up picks 9 & 16 for a top 5 pick & F2, not sure if any club would be takers though. Pick 5 & a F2 (doesnt have to be yours) I'd do it.
Realistically 9,16 and 27 would get 6 and 20 from GC.

In this scenario you get pick 6 and our F2 and we upgrade 27 into 20.

I would be more than happy to work a scenario where you get 6, 9 and 10. We get Bolton 12, and keep 16. GC get 27 and 29 for points this year and F2s to square it away.

Realistically 9,16 and 27 would get 6 and 20 from GC.

In this scenario you get pick 6 and our F2 and we upgrade 27 into 20.

I would be more than happy to work a scenario where you get 6, 9 and 10. We get Bolton 12, and keep 16. GC get 27 and 29 for points this year and F2s to square it away.
What do GC give up for Rioli then? Seems like Richmond end up with just 6, 9 & F2, rather then 6,9 & 16?

Hard no on Knobel. Snuff's got a massive hardon for him and that's good enough for me.

I really rate him, he’s well above the curve for his age and size. I’d prefer we kept him than Reidy, but Reidy got a year, and Knobel is yet to be extended. He thoroughly deserves to be on an AFL list, probably make a debut within 1-2 years too.

I don’t like giving him away as steak knives, but Richmond will look to move some draft capital into next year, and take a free hit at a talented youngster we haven’t contracted yet.

It’s a prediction, not a desired trade outcome.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really rate him, he’s well above the curve for his age and size. I’d prefer we kept him than Reidy, but Reidy got a year, and Knobel is yet to be extended. He thoroughly deserves to be on an AFL list, probably make a debut within 1-2 years too.

I don’t like giving him away as steak knives, but Richmond will look to move some draft capital into next year, and take a free hit at a talented youngster we haven’t contracted yet.

Not much of a comparison curve at his size!

Richmond royalty too.

1727842870714.png

Why doesn't anyone want to stay at Richmond?
titanic kate winslet GIF

9 and 16 without Richmond paying his salary is the ideal outcome, I couldn't care less if they contributed to his salary.

You should care. Our salary cap is reaching breaking point. I keep repeating myself, but people are not appreciating our situation enough.

We will have the most players in the top 100 paid players next season, and that's excluding Pickett and Warner. There's only so many you can fit in at the top end before the bottom falls out.

We really aren't as desperate as you think.
If Bolton chose West Coast. That would be hilarious. I'm all for it.

And if it does happen we (Richmond and Freo peeps)can all be friends and even help you fleece them but not top 5 of all time because I want my 250.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back