Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it not be advantageous to have salary component looked after IF you are a genuine chance with The Chad next season?? It would free the shoulders up a bit?
You'd think so but none of us know? Caps are so fluid, maybe we only took up like 1/2 the cap raise on our contracts, maybe we successfully paid a lot of contracts up front, maybe they plan on pushing out Cox or Darcy next year instead?

Interestingly, sounds like we are pushing his deal out an extra year according afl.com.au so you'd think that involves bringing his salary down and while Twomey keeps linking the Barrass trade with potential cap being thrown in, no one's really done it for this potential trade yet.

Not bizarre at all. We don’t know what happened behind the scenes with Baker. Did he say no or did Freo change their mind to chase more favourable players? Were we even seriously chasing Martin ?He would only end up at Peel . We have the best hand of the draft , i find it a“ Bizarre take “ that you reckon they are under pressure
His interactions with Freo players during the last game at OPTUS did not have me convinced he was ever likely to come to us. The super influential leader of men has chosen West Coast. C'est la vie.

Someone finally mentioned tigers will be chasing 9 and 10

(Twomey inside trading)
I don't think that there's any doubt we'll be chasing 9 & 10 and I think it's quite likely that we'll be chasing more.

How that pans out will be seen in due course, my view is that there'll be a substantial subsidy coming Freo's way, enabling a crack at Warner next year. From what I understand, Freo has the most players in the top 100 of salaries paid, that indicates that the TPP's are a tad tight.

The question then, is how do Freo inject the 2 players into the list that they recognise as the catalysts to take them to the promised land?

The simple answer is, cough up for Bolton and the salary cap relief, giving a red hot crack at Warner a real chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back