Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

2 firsts were never on the table from Hawks, was WA media spin to set the bar high.

If WCE F2( or pick 26) and some of Barass salary is paid, I will take the above deal.

I am sure Freo will want some of Bolton's salary to be paid as well. GC will want the same for Rioli too as plain 6 for Rioli is pretty high.
Agreed if significant salary is paid (30+%) then that changes the trade.

You used Tigers pick 24 to do the same also 2 firsts were never on the table from Hawks, was WA media spin to set the bar high. But if pick 14 is required by tigers then pick 24 has to be on table.

If WCE F2( or pick 26) and some of Barass salary is paid, I will take the above deal.

I am sure Freo will want some of Bolton's salary to be paid as well. GC will want the same for Rioli too as plain 6 for Rioli is pretty high.
My point was it shouldn't come from GC. Pick 24 from Richmond is because receiving 14 on it's own for Baker is too much. Richmond probably think 24 is too much going back, hence the need to probably square things away with F2s and F3s.

The delusion is insane
Not really delusion when we ended up losing 3 of our most important players in the last month. If at the least Treacy and Pearce play that last month we would have played finals.

Bolton would be great, but he's not the difference between finals and no finals.

Not really delusion when we ended up losing 3 of our most important players in the last month. If at the least Treacy and Pearce play that last month we would have played finals.

Bolton would be great, but he's not the difference between finals and no finals.

So you're relying on Darcy and Pearce to not get injured to make finals?

Good luck with that.

Correct, he's the difference between winning finals rather than just making finals

This really highlights your lack of depth would you say? Also, they missed a month, what about the rest of the season? Bolton would 100% have been the difference.

IMG_1799.jpeg

Getting closer and closer to squeaky bum time for the tiggys

Harmless Hartley better no **** this up for RFC sake

Having to trade Bolten 12 mths later whilst being spooners again but this time costing nothing but an f1 would be nothing short of an unmitigated disaster

So you're relying on Darcy and Pearce to not get injured to make finals?

Good luck with that.
Pearce has been pretty fit the last couple of years, I think even just Treacy playing gets us there, he doesn't go down in the Essendon game and they don't come back.

Treacy is our most important player by far, will be one of if not the best key forward in the competition one day, is only 21 and contributing what he does.

Pearce has been pretty fit the last couple of years, I think even just Treacy playing gets us there, he doesn't go down in the Essendon game and they don't come back.

Treacy is our most important player by far, will be one of if not the best key forward in the competition one day, is only 21 and contributing what he does.

Treacy definitely was a big loss. I see a full strength Freo + Bolton making top 4 easily next year.

You know Bolton could get injured and miss the whole year too? Nothing is certain.

There are 22 players on the field, Freo will need improvement from the bulk of their young guns too to really step up plus a bit better injury luck.

Richmond also has a ticking time bomb coming so any delays in the rebuild will add years, not just 1 year. Is it really worth 7 spots in the draft? The difference between 11 & 18 will mean you can get a small, hbf or KPP without reaching as you don’t need 4 mids in one go.
I don't disagree with much of that other than it is two sides jousting, we want 11, you 18. One side will get what they asked or a compromise in between. But in my eyes, Bolton is Richmond's best player and a far better player than is being touted on here. He is worth the asking price.

But if we get 18, so be it. It is a win for Freo and a loss for Richmond no matter how the draft pics pan out.

I don't disagree with much of that other than it is two sides jousting, we want 11, you 18. One side will get what they asked or a compromise in between. But in my eyes, Bolton is Richmond's best player and a far better player than is being touted on here. He is worth the asking price.

But if we get 18, so be it. It is a win for Freo and a loss for Richmond no matter how the draft pics pan out.
Is 11 a win for Richmond and a loss for Freo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you get Shai you'll find that he changes things a lot.

He is a pure attacking weapon. A brilliant ball winner, one of the best at putting the ball to the teams advantage in the AFL, creator out of nothing and goal scorer. In a team that wins the ball and allows him to attack he is amazing. in team that isn't winning his talents are often wasted. He creates options through the midfield and attack for the team well above the goals he scores.

If used properly he can take Freo to the next level, on his own. Big if there. But an amazing player - potentially.

Are we still talking about Shai Bolton?
Scared Rt Podcast GIF by Rooster Teeth

View attachment 2137653

Getting closer and closer to squeaky bum time for the tiggys

Harmless Hartley better no **** this up for RFC sake

Having to trade Bolten 12 mths later whilst being spooners again but this time costing nothing but an f1 would be nothing short of an unmitigated disaster
I’ll bet you never misspell Shais surname when he plays for you.

And name calling recruiters? Are you 5?

Poor.

Do better.

Nothing is a guarantee. Your club had won nothing. I don't see where thus arrogance is coming from.

You are using GC pick 23 to balance it all out. That shouldn't have to paid on top of pick 6 for Rioli. You are trying to protect your 1st pick in this draft plus Hawthorn shouldn't get any change from F1 and 33 for Barrass, might not even be enough.

Freo: Bolton ( give - 10, 18)
GC: Rioli, ( give - 6)
Haw: Barrass, 24 ( give - 14, F1)
Rich: 6, 10, 14, 18 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 24)
WC: Baker, F1 ( give - Barass)

F2s and F3s to balance out so WCE could give Haw an F2 for instance if that was felt to be uneven.

Values Barass at pick 8, probably too high
Rioli Pick 6
Bolton Pick 2
Baker Upgrade of Pick 24 into Pick 14 maybe not enough
Reading this thread now I can see Freo's 1st offer was 10,18 so they are doing well from the trade and tigers want your 11. See my reworked one

Freo: Bolton,14, 23 ( give - 10, 11, 18, 30)
GC: Rioli,33 ( give - 6,23)
Haw: Barrass, 24, 26, F2 ( give - 14, 33, F1)
Rich: 6, 10, 11, F1 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 24)
WC: Baker, 18, 30 ( give - Barass, F2, 26)

Assumptions of 1st offer
Free - 10+18 for Bolton
GC - 6 for Rioli
Haw - 14 or F1 for Barrass

But pick 14 may disappear soon, Sydney 19+22 most likely as Suns didn't trade their 13 for same.

Last edited:
You probably thought the same this year. Look what happened.
Considering we were top 4 before our injuries going into the last month, yeah I'd hazard to say it felt like we were a good chance, I think most people had us having a home final at that point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back