Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether correct or not, Twomey has consistently reported that we put up 10(11) for Baker and 9(10) + 16(18) for Bolton.

So literally nothing has changed
That's a terrible deal. 10 or 11 and 18 is plenty for Bolton and Baker's a late first at best. And he wants to go to WC.

At worst we go to the draft with three first rounders. Sorry Shai, Richmond weren't serious about engaging in a reasonable trade. Forced labour for you.

Richmond are under pressure. Turning down 10 and 18 in what is supposedly a deep draft and threatening to keep a disgruntled player, if that is the case, isn't a great bargaining position.

That's a terrible deal. 10 or 11 and 18 is plenty for Bolton and Baker's a late first at best. And he wants to go to WC.

At worst we go to the draft with three first rounders. Sorry Shai, Richmond weren't serious about engaging in a reasonable trade. Forced labour for you.

Richmond are under pressure. Turning down 10 and 18 in what is supposedly a deep draft and threatening to keep a disgruntled player, if that is the case, isn't a great bargaining position.
They never say the full thing, there'd be stuff coming back with it. Doesn't matter, Baker is going to WC

So effectively that’s 10 + 11 for Bolton and 18 for Baker.
I know I sit on the Freo side of the fence but I’m guessing most would see that as overs, especially for Bolton, maybe closer to the mark for Baker (neutrals comments welcome here).
If so then we’d hope there would be a fair bit coming back in both cap space paid and later picks (Tigers future 2 perhaps?). Tigers newly acquired 20 would be ideal but that might be a hard sell.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think that’s a good package that both parties would be happy with
The difficult part of this is Baker supposedly wanting WC despite it really not being a good fit and I think most WC supporters would agree with that .

WC Trading their future first would be madness and an absolute racket for Richmond as it’s likely a top 5 pick for Baker

Barrass staying at WC (if it happens , probably unlikely ) would be the smart play by WC .

Baker and Bolton would be a very good fit for Freo and the two of them could play some good competitive footy to end their careers , maybe even feature in one of the hardest earned premiership cups of all time

Last edited:
I think that’s a good package that both parties would be happy with
The difficult part of this is Baker supposedly wanting WC despite it really not being a good fit and I think most WC supporters would agree with that .

WC Trading their future first would be madness and an absolute racket for Richmond as it’s likely a top 5 pick for Baker

Barrass staying at WC (if it happens , probably unlikely ) would be the smart play by WC .

Baker and Bolton would be a very good fit for Freo and the two of them could play some good competitive footy to end thief careers , maybe even feature in one of the hardest earned premiership cups of all time

10, 11 and 18 for Bakes and Bolton is overs, but it should be close given Bolton’s contract status. I’d be happy to throw in salary to make up any difference. I know a lot of Freo supporters are not interested in Baker, but would love him if he made it to the club. Could genuinely be one of the greatest win-win trades of all time if it eventuated.

Would be genuinely great to see them help Freo to their first premiership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10, 11 and 18 for Bakes and Bolton is overs, but it should be close given Bolton’s contract status. I’d be happy to throw in salary to make up any difference. I know a lot of Freo supporters are not interested in Baker, but would love him if he made it to the club. Could genuinely be one of the greatest win-win trades of all time if it eventuated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think so too

He will end up at WC for some random pick swap or future pick.
He’s gonna get frustrated as hell there but maybe there is more to the story and they are talking a role for him after footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back