Shoenmakers out Lisle in.

Remove this Banner Ad

AllFooty4

All Australian
Aug 30, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Late change announced by the Hawthorn FB page. Apparently he injured his foot training, hope it's just a little niggle from a roll or something.

Osbourne is also the sub.

He better come in next week Schoey no matter how well Lisle does in defense as he was quite good last week in the 2nd half and whether clarko likes it or not we have to persist with him as he has the potential of an all Aus CHB and unlike other young CHBs he doesnt have much experience around him. Nontheless hopefully its just this week as GC arent going to have much in FWDs anyways.

Anyways even if Lisle dominates we need Schoenmakers in there to would be great to see a defense of Lisle, Schoenmakers, Stratton and Gibson

If collingwood decide to punish us with long balls, it could get ugly
you can say the same for most sides, i actually think we wont allow that situation to happen to often unless there is a bad turnover in the middle or something, imo we will try and get 2 on 1s with both cloke and dawes and kill the ball, without our 2 best defenders we have no choice, the job is than on the midfield and the rest of the backline to get it out of there. 1 thing i know for sure if we decide to handball our way out of there like today we will get destroyed, clarko throw that crap straight into the bin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good, solid, game in defence by Lisle today. I don't think we really lost anything much in switching Shoey for Lisle. There was only one slack bit of play in the second half where he was caught off guard second guessing his opponent - who waltzed around him and jogged into goal, apart from that he showed he has good hands and mostly delivers the ball in the right direction. I hope he can string a few games together, i believe we need him in the mix.

I was hoping Clarko would swing him up to CHF or FF in the second half - once the game had degenerated into a training drill. I think that was a great opportunity to give the kid some confidence kicking for goal, the ball was coming into the forward half so regularly that he would have definitely been on the end of a few passes.

BTW - The must be a few small fowards salivating at the thought of playing on Karmichael Hunt, as a backman he makes a good midfielder!

Lisle looked ok I thought, I'd have to say I'd persevere with the big fella. Made a couple of mistakes but did show some poise, moves well and links up well when moving the ball out of defence. I would play him for the remainder of the season as the more games we can get into Lisle the better we look for the nest seeason.

Puopolo Lisle Birchall
Stratton Gibson Shoenmakers

Looks like a very good young and up and coming backline - with others Like Suckiling, Guerra, Gilham and the likes and we have some depth

Wile it's difficult to judge his footspeed becasuse it didn't look like he was ever on a slick moving forward like kennedy from WC, I was surprised at how much he seemed to belong.

That said, there wasn't much pressure flying out there either, so it's tough to judge other than to say I can't remember a second gamer looking as at home in a KD role for a long time. Hopefully he can play forward though, he could really straighten us up with those hands.

Good, solid, game in defence by Lisle today. I don't think we really lost anything much in switching Shoey for Lisle. There was only one slack bit of play in the second half where he was caught off guard second guessing his opponent - who waltzed around him and jogged into goal, apart from that he showed he has good hands and mostly delivers the ball in the right direction. I hope he can string a few games together, i believe we need him in the mix.

I was hoping Clarko would swing him up to CHF or FF in the second half - once the game had degenerated into a training drill. I think that was a great opportunity to give the kid some confidence kicking for goal, the ball was coming into the forward half so regularly that he would have definitely been on the end of a few passes.

BTW - The must be a few small fowards salivating at the thought of playing on Karmichael Hunt, as a backman he makes a good midfielder!
Are youtalking about when Lynch marked and then played on from a tight
angle and kicked a goal. I saw that and it did not look good but Lynch should never have been allowed to play on in the first place so there was not much Lisle could do. I think he could come on in that position and become valuable. I still think his greatest value is forward as a marking target. But handy having someone that can switch back if need be and know what they are doing down back.

Yeah, that was the one. I thought he played on quickly after taking the mark, which looked ok. It was Lisle dropping his head and seeming to chastise himself for failing to spoil that was the concern, he may also have lost balance a little, while he was doing that Lynch just took advantage and ran around him.

Seemed like a case of the defender dropping concentration expecting the forward to go back and take a shot. In the context of the game it meant nothing, we were probably about 10 goals up by then, its just something he needs to be careful of in tight games.

I thought he put in a good game down there, his marking is very much like Chris Mew - judges the ball really well and takes it one grab. I would prefer they give him another run at FF, could complement Rioli, Bruest, Osborne etc nicely. A far better bet in the forward half then Hale, who may prove to be a good Ruckman drifting forward, but imo is pretty useless as a permanent target.

Schoenmakers has to pass a fitness test this week, so it's not too serious an injury. Wouldn't mind having Schoen and Lisle in the same defence.

That's an interesting one HodgePodge. I didn't see the game so my mind had the chance to wander (followed it on BF) and I considered how our defense may line up if we did play the both of them down there. The below was about the best I could come up with, with Smurphy coming off the bench.

FB: Sucko Schoey Popeye
HB: Gibbo Lisle Birch

Not a total disaster at all, assuming our mids continue their good form (as a unit) & we don't give opposition mids the chance to pinpoint passes to opposition forwards all day.

Lisle looks like he could be a valuable swing man, especially with Roughy out. I hope he can keep it up against better opposition.

With our injuries I'm just worried we are relying more and more on younger players. May benefit our future but it might become an issue as the season gets into the latter stages.

Shoenmakers out Lisle in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back