• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided, I need more info

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

you support a progressive tax system yes or no? rt a progr

what is a progressive tax system? what taxes are there going to be under this progressive system? what amounts will they be set at? who will they be targeted at?

I believe in a tax system that has minimal loopholes and is as fairly weighted as possible, whilst maintaining the amount of revenue necessary to keep this country operating at a satisfactory level. For me this means things like public roads, public transport, Public housing, medicare, PBS, public hospitals, public schools, the old age pension & unemployment benefits, CSIRO, etc, etc. all receive enough funding to maintain an effective level of service.

If your "progressive tax system" can deliver this then I'll support it, for as long as it can deliver this. But if it can not deliver this or stops delivering this then i will not. I believe in a tax model based on testable outcomes. Signing up to an ideological tax system regardless of the outcome is dangerous, as seen by the USA's "trickle down economy"

what is a progressive tax system? what taxes are there going to be under this progressive system? what amounts will they be set at? who will they be targeted at?

I believe in a tax system that has minimal loopholes and is as fairly weighted as possible, whilst maintaining the amount of revenue necessary to keep this country operating at a satisfactory level. For me this means things like public roads, public transport, Public housing, medicare, PBS, public hospitals, public schools, the old age pension & unemployment benefits, CSIRO, etc, etc. all receive enough funding to maintain an effective level of service.

If your "progressive tax system" can deliver this then I'll support it, for as long as it can deliver this. But if it can not deliver this or stops delivering this then i will not. I believe in a tax model based on testable outcomes. Signing up to an ideological tax system regardless of the outcome is dangerous, as seen by the USA's "trickle down economy"
you dont know what a progressive tax system is??? ignorant or stupid. which one? the concept that those that earn more pay back more into the system is alien to you? public hospitals and schools are suffering beacuse the progressive tax system has been erided withbthe introduction of regressive taxes such a gst, the redirection of public money to private schools and hospitals , corporate welfare to make sure ourvrichest maintain and increase profit margins

you support a progressive tax system yes or no? rt a progr

we have ready of the shelf solutions in solar and wind. no co2 , safe no waste, renwable and FREE. power to yhe pepple.

bit rich from a climate change denier

no CO2? big call

why are the right wing so ashamed to admit their ideological leanings in these discussions???????????

what has climate change got to do with left or right politics? are you suggesting it is just a political ideology?

2014 IPCC, Global warming potential of selected electricity sources

Lifecycle CO2 equivalent (including albedo effect) from selected electricity supply technologies.[2][3] Arranged by decreasing median (gCO2eq/kWh) values.

Currently commercially available technologies

Technology Min Median Max
CoalPC 740 820 910
Biomass – cofiring with coal 620 740 890
Gascombined cycle 410 490 650
Biomass – dedicated 130 230 420
Solar PV – utility scale 18 48 180
Solar PV – rooftop 26 41 60
Geothermal 6.0 38 79
Concentrated solar power 8.8 27 63
Hydropower 1.0 24 2200
Wind offshore 8.0 12 35
Nuclear 3.7 12 110
Wind onshore 7.0 11 56

2014 IPCC, Global warming potential of selected electricity sources

Lifecycle CO2 equivalent (including albedo effect) from selected electricity supply technologies.[2][3] Arranged by decreasing median (gCO2eq/kWh) values.

Currently commercially available technologies

Technology Min Median Max
CoalPC 740 820 910
Biomass – cofiring with coal 620 740 890
Gascombined cycle 410 490 650
Biomass – dedicated 130 230 420
Solar PV – utility scale 18 48 180
Solar PV – rooftop 26 41 60
Geothermal 6.0 38 79
Concentrated solar power 8.8 27 63
Hydropower 1.0 24 2200
Wind offshore 8.0 12 35
Nuclear 3.7 12 110
Wind onshore 7.0 11 56

reference please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why are the right wing so ashamed to admit their ideological leanings in these discussions???????????
I don't think the "right wing" are climate change deniers at all. Climate change exisits and in some capacity is contributed to by man. I think the "right" are generally take a more pragmatic approach to dealing with such things and this often is perceived by the "left" as backward.

The Carbon Tax introduced by the previous government was "policy on the run" designed to secure support from the Greens and thus form government. At its core, the intentions (incentivising polluters to reduce) are good, in practice it was very unlikely to make much difference to the carbon output of Australia.

I like the climate debate, regardless of how dire our situation really is, the accelerated move to cleaner energy and development of technology that reduces emmisions is good for the environment. I like that private enterprise (with funding where needed) is leading this charge.

At the end of the day, both sides of the political spectrum would prefer a cleaner planet.

I understand why there is opposition to nuclear energy. But the fact that it is infinatley cleaner than our current coal burning plants is probably an inconvenient truth.

Last edited:
yo
I don't think the "right wing" are climate change deniers at all. Climate change exisits and in some capacity is contributed to by man. I think the "right" are generally take a more pragmatic approach to dealing with such things and this often is perceived by the "left" as backward.

The Carbon Tax introduced by the previous government was "policy on the run" designed to secure support from the Greens and thus form government. At its core, the intentions (incentivising polluters to reduce) are good, in practice it was very unlikely to make much difference to the carbon output of Australia.

I like the climate debate, regardless of how dire our situation really is, the accelerated move to cleaner energy and development of technology that reduces emmisions is good for the environment. I like that private enterprise (with funding where needed) is leading this charge.

At the end of the day, both sides of the political spectrum would prefer a cleaner planet.

I understand why there is opposition to nuclear energy. But the fact that it is infinatley cleaner than our current coal burning plants is probably an inconvenient truth.
u didnt answer the question jerk

beacause clmare change cannot be addressed within the framework of capitalism so it most be denied or make it a negligilble threat by the establishment
Oh it can and it will.

Private enterprise through innovation will have a profound positive effect on climate change and people will get filthy rich as a result.

Oh it can and it will.

Private enterprise through innovation will have a profound positive effect on climate change and people will get filthy rich as a result.
t
Not sure why I bother with the lack of effort you put in your posts.
you make no mention about phasing out fossil fuels. carbon tax by labour was bullshit. 5% reduction is not going to cut it and giving away free permits and compensation to polluters does nothing to change BAU. i can only imagine how outraged you were that they would do this against free market ideology you worship. Dont your right wing friends say co2 is not a pollutant.?

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics Should Australia go nuclear?

Back